Quantcast

» «
Photo

Having a Modern Rendition of Vice City

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Having a Modern Rendition of Vice City Is A: (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Having a Modern Rendition of Vice City Is A:

1. Good idea (34 votes [30.63%])

Percentage of vote: 30.63%

2. Bad idea (20 votes [18.02%])

Percentage of vote: 18.02%

3. Let's wait and see (24 votes [21.62%])

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

4. I would like Vice City in any rendition, it doesn't matter to me (33 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote
OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Most people expect the next GTA to return for Vice City.. But do you really think that, this is a good idea? i mean, can Vice City be that good in a modern rendition instead of 80's?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

I still want a GTA game set in 70's.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

They could still capture that same feeling. I can't wait to see how this is going to be played out. Just thinking about an updated VC is exciting.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

It really doesn't matter as long as we get the beautiful Vice City back.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 14:55)

THIS.

They have done HD Liberty City, HD Los Santos is coming soon, so surely they can't leave Vice City out

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (GTA fan from the United Kingdom @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:31)

THIS.

They have done HD Liberty City, HD Los Santos is coming soon, so surely they can't leave Vice City out

Totally.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I want to see Vice City on present day.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

This would be a great idea! I would love it. Also I don't know if this means anything, but I just had a dream about Vice City Stories 2 and it had a radio station called Radio Tokyo. That is about all I remember.

Runeiverse
  • Runeiverse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

Someone suggested Vice City in the 70's with Tommy in his youth along with some other characters as well as some more history with gangs like the Triads 'n' stuff.

A modern day version would be cool. Vice City could have been expanded with no big name gangs inhabiting it (maybe Vice City became a poor place in the early 00's or they were forced to leave by the police) until a gang along with the protagonist comes back after many years and wants to overrun the city but is at war with another gang doing the same thing. The whole story will be about the protagonist helping to kill-off the other gang while having problems with people betraying his gang and the law being a lot stronger than they used to be, making it harder to get a base for them.

That's my idea though.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Let's wait and see... I'm sure they can do a good job of it but at the minute I can't exactly tell.

Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Viper-Mitch, 29 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (GTA fan from the United Kingdom @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 21:31)

THIS.

This. Absolutely This.

How often have I now tried Vice City in Rage just because I want this in HD. This as a remake has to be super awesome.

The question is - how far would they remodel the city? GTA V's Los Santos is much different than the original as it seems, the same goes for GTA IV and Liberty City.
I don't really care how much it would actually change as long as the feeling is still there. As a city, Vice is really, really good. Wouldn't mind if it becomes bigger and more ... let's say - logic? Can't really describe what I mean.

Vice City could have been expanded with no big name gangs inhabiting it (maybe Vice City became a poor place in the early 00's or they were forced to leave by the police)

This came up to my mind aswell.
They could still do two mainlands, the western one (as Miami's city core and outer bounds) living in poor sheds like in Little Havanna and Little Haiti right now. It just has to be a bit more extreme in terms of differences between the rich on the eastern side (Miami Beach)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

We'll have to wait and see.

With IV, the III's 'Liberty City' feel has been totally ruined. And I fear that the VC's 'Vice City' feel may get eradicated as well.
Even more possible, now that I compare the time gaps between the settings of III and IV and the settings of VC and possible GTA VI... confused.gif

But the feel can as well be preserved. We will never know, as of now, So we'll just have to wait and see...

Sachs
  • Sachs

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well I just want Vice City back. But you know, a big giant Vice City where you can do whatever you want (nowadays? hell yeah).

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

I would like to see it how it would work today. Miami is a beautiful city and its look great even today. GTA:VI(CE) FTW!

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'd love nothing more than to see an updated graphics and all that
version of the 80's Vice City.

But hey, you'll never know if R* decides that GTA VI (in the future) would be returning to VC.
That is, I think, more than a likely possibility.
As for a modern rendition of VC, definitely a YES - as long as it's Vice City.

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Maybe parts of a modern Vice City could have abandoned buildings left over from the 80's cocaine cowboy culture, full of fading pastel walls, cracked windows, and partially burnt out neon signs. Like instead of Pole Position, only half the letters would light up to spell Ol' Poison. Maybe, the Pole Position is now a gang run crack house or a squatter pad full of junkies. Just food for thought. cookie.gif

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

The biggest thing about GTA Vice City was the 80s theme. The biggest thing about GTA San Andreas was the map.

I don't know what an HD Vice City could bring that is not already covered by HD Los Sontos' map, because it appears that GTA V already has everything. What kind of story could HD Vice City bring to the table? More 80s?

I know Rockstar are amazing but they will really have their work cut out for them if they go with an HD Vice City world and how they can differentiate it enough from GTA IV and GTA V.

Personally, I think that they are overdue on returning to the London universe which they haven't done since the 2D world. The is a lot of new culture (good/bad) that could be bought into the GTA world from the UK, but as it stands now GTA is officially a parody of American culture and I'm not sure if they want to change that.

Maybe they would like to feature the UK as a non-GTA franchise, as they did with Mexico in RDR.

SunsetShimmer
  • SunsetShimmer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

I always thought the HD rendition of GTA vice City would be like a rendition of Atlantic City, NJ set in 2003.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (SMG @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 17:42)
The biggest thing about GTA Vice City was the 80s theme. The biggest thing about GTA San Andreas was the map.

I don't know what an HD Vice City could bring that is not already covered by HD Los Sontos' map, because it appears that GTA V already has everything. What kind of story could HD Vice City bring to the table? More 80s?

I know Rockstar are amazing but they will really have their work cut out for them if they go with an HD Vice City world and how they can differentiate it enough from GTA IV and GTA V.

Personally, I think that they are overdue on returning to the London universe which they haven't done since the 2D world. The is a lot of new culture (good/bad) that could be bought into the GTA world from the UK, but as it stands now GTA is officially a parody of American culture and I'm not sure if they want to change that.

Maybe they would like to feature the UK as a non-GTA franchise, as they did with Mexico in RDR.

I think they could (with the GTA franchise) still branch out into places OTHER than America. All it would take is a little more knowledge about those other places. IMO Australia would be great to parody, especially with the Gillard crisis recently xD

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

I don't think enough is known about Australia internationally to parody it in a way that people would actually understand.

I would love to see VC redone, but it would be difficult to try and resue a city that just doesn't habve the same cultural significance as say, 80's Miami. That was a culture in itself.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

1. Gangs to be there
2. Heavy Nightclubbing
3. Drug Business
4. Concerts around the city
5. Mansions of singers/ actors around the beach
6. The city is bigger now.
7. The Keys
8. Everglades

That's my wish.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

7. The Keys
8. Everglades

These two are pretty much a must for me if they do VC again, but my hope is that they don't touch it again for another few titles.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

I never want another GTA to return to Vice City. Why?

For me GTA VC is the greatest game by quite some margain I have ever played and I doubt it will ever be beat. GTA VC turned me from a average gamer who played games once every so often to a gaming addict. I love everything about that game.

When R* went back to VC in VCS they ruined the feel and look of the city and in my opinion VCS is one of the worst games in the GTA franchise because of it, so I cant help but feel that if VC was remaked that it would have the same outcome. There are enough places in America to be paroyded before we have to return to VC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users