Photo

Need help on beginning to map

3 replies to this topic
flapflap
  • flapflap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Heya, I watched quechus' minecraft map mod and I was wondering, hell, why don't I do that too? So, yeah it was easy to say, but hell, I don't even know when to start. So, I need someone to help me make a map from the ground up. Yes, I know, someone will say "Read some guides, not start a new topic" But hey, I tried that and some of the english can't be understood well.

I am planning on an addition map only, not some full scale map. I just wanna add an island here, bla bla bla.

Okay. So, what are the programs that can be used to make maps? Yes, I read about 3dsMax and GIMS (Hell, I don't even know what that is) So, I think I'll go with sketchup. But I heard that when you wanna make GTA IV maps using sketchup, you'll need to use 3ds max, which I don't have. So my question is which of those 3 are the best in map making and if there are other mapping tools out there which is better, can someone refer it to me?

Thanks in advance and I will credit any big help. rolleyes.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Bad news: Sketchups gonna give you loads of bugs, you'll probably spend more time removing bugs than you do making the actual map.
Making a map for IV requires both 3dsmax 2012 and GIMS, they aren't an option. (They're the only way to export the correct GTAIV files). Get 3dsmax 2012 and GIMS and OpenIV then i'll give ya all the map exporting help you need. icon14.gif

flapflap
  • flapflap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 16:48)
Bad news: Sketchups gonna give you loads of bugs, you'll probably spend more time removing bugs than you do making the actual map.
Making a map for IV requires both 3dsmax 2012 and GIMS, they aren't an option. (They're the only way to export the correct GTAIV files). Get 3dsmax 2012 and GIMS and OpenIV then i'll give ya all the map exporting help you need. icon14.gif

Is 3dsmax 2012 and GIMS free? I really don't have money.

PrograMan
  • PrograMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

3ds max is not free (if you are a student you can get the autodesk software for free that's ho i got it because i'm a student in gamedevelopment biggrin.gif )

GIMS is a free plugin for max

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users