Photo

Car overreving

6 replies to this topic
a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Does anyone know what the cause of the engine revving to full RPM for a couple of seconds before changing gears? It happens sometimes when coming out of a corner and flooring it. The wheels aren't spinning so it isn't a burnout.

I don't really know how automatic cars work but do they behave like this? Or maybe the character can't gear fast enough.

Here is a video to show you what I mean.

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Maybe it's just the sound lagging a bit and the engine noise is prolonged as a result.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

It's not just the sound. The car over-revs and you're slowed down. A pain in races sometimes.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

It happens when you let go of the gas and press it again. Like DarkKingBernard said, it's not just the sound. It keeps the car at one steady pace, and you can't speed up.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

I've always had trouble with the Super-GT. Whether it's hard to control, or revving I dunno. confused.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Oh man I hate this so much.
The Sultan RS and the Turismo seem to do it excessively, it really gets in my nerves when I'm leading a race only to be overtaken due to sh*tty gear ratios.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (a-k-t-w @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 10:16)
Does anyone know what the cause of the engine revving to full RPM for a couple of seconds before changing gears? It happens sometimes when coming out of a corner and flooring it. The wheels aren't spinning so it isn't a burnout.

I don't really know how automatic cars work but do they behave like this? Or maybe the character can't gear fast enough.

Here is a video to show you what I mean.

I have no idea what causes this but it is very annoying. The Feltzer has a huge problem when it comes to this. All wheel drive vehicles, like the Infernus or Sultan, don't do this so often. And, I've noticed that if you revv of spin your wheels before takeoff, this over-revving error will occur. I don't know what the cause is but I hope it is fixed in V.

When such annoyances happen, I just repeatedly tap on the gas button to get the car back to accelerating properly. If you takeoff without all of that fancy crap - revving or wheelspin - the car will launch normally. Just repeatedly tap on the gas if you're coming out of a corner and your car over-revvs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users