Help, Ext Hard Disk not showing up

9 replies to this topic
69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

It works fine earlier, i'm just trying to put a whole lot of data from my laptop to my External Hard Disk.
But in the middle of the transfer, my hard disk is disconnected. I don't know why it happened.

And after that, trying to plug in my hard disk again, and it was detected ( i hear the sound and it showed up on 'safely remove hardware') but it's not showing up on my windows explorer. And i can't access my data anymore. What a piece of sh*t!

I just want to know, is it possible to get the data back? I got a lot of important data in there.
I don't know what to do. cryani.gif

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci
  • Portugal

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Go to computer management, see if the extern HDD is detected, if yes the HDD is good.

If the partition is in Raw, I can tell you a program that I used to get my data from an old HDD.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I had this problem with a WD World Book. That HDD connects via ethernet. It would work when I first turn it on, then out of nowhere it would drop out and I couldn't re-map the drive, I had to shut it off and turn it back on again. Really weird problem. I ended up figuring out that if I kept something running on the HDD (a movie for instance) it would stay connected. So for long file transfers I would run video to make sure it didn't kill itself. I'll never buy another one though.

As for getting it to show up again. I would try disconnecting and shutting off the drive and then turning it back on. Also reboot your computer. Once you are back in Windows try plugging the USB back in. If it doesn't show up then, I would consider looking to see if there are any special drivers you need. If a reboot/software doesn't resolve it then call the manufacture and tell them their drive is a piece of sh*t and you want money or a replacement.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for the replies!

@direstrait:
Yes, it was detected. But it is said that it was unallocated or something.

@what:
Tried it and no good. They say that it doesn't need any driver.

Maybe i'll bring this problem to my Father friend who is good at fixing this kind of stuff, and hope he is really good at it. confused.gif

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci
  • Portugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by direstraits, 12 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

So the partition in in RAW (no file system like NTFS, FAT or FAT32) thats good news you did't lost your data.

Grab R-Studio 6 from here and get you files back. Here is a good tutorial :Youtube Link

After the recover process format the HDD in computer management and it's back on the action.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

@direstraits
Well i've tried using another data recovery program like Partition Find and Mount, and PC Inspector File Recovery, and no luck. Do all of the scan method, nothing found. confused.gif

I got a problem on RStudio, it said that I need an R program or something, and after i click on something that should be taking me to the site to download that "R" thing, it does nothing.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci
  • Portugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

http://uploaded.net/file/ivzow645

With this version try rigth click on drive, "Open drive files".

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Have you tried assigning a new Drive Letter to it? My 1TB Iomega drive keeps doing this everytime I turn the External drive off from the switch on the case.

I forgot where the option is to do this but here is a tutorial:

http://pcsupport.abo...-drive-letters- (Windows 7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844 (Windows XP)

http://windows.micro...-a-drive-letter (Windows Vista)

Hope this helps.

-Wheatley

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

@ 69 Black 69,

Does it work on other computers?

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

@Wheatley
Thanks for the help, i'll probably will try it later.

@nightwalker
No. Same problem, detected, but not showing up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users