GTA IV Installation Trouble Shoot

2 replies to this topic
slugger1
  • slugger1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi Rockstar
Im trying to install GTA IV PC. First Inserted the Disc 1. Then it asked to insert Disc 2. After that it asked to insert the Disc 1 again to complete installation. When I insert the Disc i and press OK button it shows the Message " Setup could not find the specified path or disc. Pleasecheck that the proper disc is inserted or specify a new path".

Im not a pro in computer so please give me a step by step instruction to rectify the problem. Im installing it for my younger brother.

It is a genuine rockstar retail CD. It has serial key, the survival guide, owner's guide, city map and everything. It is the first install after unboxing. Im the person who unsealed it. Both CD are clean and not even a single minute scratch in it. Please reply as soon as possible.

It is a dell inspiron laptop. Core i3, 3GB memory, ATI radeon 1GB 65series . Has enough space in hard disc. Really good cd drive

Thanks

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Make sure you close all running applications before you run the setup and uninstall any image mounting softwares (Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, etc.) that you may have installed.

slugger1
  • slugger1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

It is now solved. Contacted the rockstar customer care. It was related to the laptop. To fix the issue you have to use a software called sony secured rom. The problem is with the laptop. it is a used one. The guy used it previously has left some traces of his GTA IV game. You have to remove it first before installing the new one.

To solve it
First download the GTA IV "sony secured rom uninstalling software" from the GTA website.

Then double click it. It will remove the old GTA traces. Then you can install the new one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users