Photo

Running GTA IV On Windows 7.

16 replies to this topic
fdsafdsaf
  • fdsafdsaf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hay Guys. I recently downloaded GTA IV from Amazon.com. I was really psyched until the game started up. A majority of the level was missing, and it was just empty in a ton of parts. What's odd is that besides that, it ran fine. I don't have the disk, as I bought it from Amazon.
PC Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Intel Core i5-2400S 2.50 Ghz
RAM: 6.00 GB
Intel HD Graphics

I have been looking forever and haven't been able to find anything! angry.gif I really hope someone can help me. (Just to clarify, I have a legal version of the game, but it was a download, so I do not have the disc biggrin.gif )

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm willing to bet it's because you're using Intel HD Graphics. Most of Intel's cards aren't very good at running games. On top of that, GTA IV has a pretty hard time running on actual good hardware as it is.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Try setting your graphic settings to lowest possible. Just as @cp1dell said, Intel Graphics is not a good choice for HD games. I use Intel HD Graphics 4000 and IV works fine for me but on lowest possible settings with high resolution or medium-high with lowest resolution.

fdsafdsaf
  • fdsafdsaf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

My Problem Is That it runs perfectly, no lag, but after about 3 seconds, all models disappear and it's just Niko in a car and a few other people floating on nothing. Besides that it runs perfectly lol. suicidal.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

original poster, you are not paying attention. they already told you what the problem is - its those intel hd graphics
http://www.xbitlabs....0s_5.html#sect0
which aren't even able to come close to hd 5450 (which is a terrible card for GTA IV at most settings)
so the game, because everything else on your system is up to snuff (6 GB, W7 64bit, quad core 2.5 ghz+ processor) - sorta runs, but can't deal with the shaders + textures and other stuff that the graphics card is supposed to do. so the game basically does the best that it can do and doesn't bother to throw an error. you need to buy an nvidia card with AT LEAST 32 shader cores, depending on your monitor's resolution... you may need more

wanderer89
  • wanderer89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

I ran mine perfectly on Intel HD graphics, I was using the Intel HD 4000, also running i5 3850k, 8gb ram, as I said, ran perfect, no stuttering, okay, so graphics weren't the best, but it was definitely playable, also on W7.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by SlaveZer0, 21 May 2013 - 12:36 AM.

stop running the F@#$!ng game on hardware that is not meant for gaming... you people never learn. but you all think a mediocre experience is acceptable.... thats why so many game developers have gone to cell phone and tablet games, cause they can pump out sh*t games and you people will buy them and think it is a good experience. oh by the way original poster, your topic title of running the game on windows 7 has not a damn thing to do with the topic your presented!!!!...

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

I ran mine perfectly on Intel HD graphics, I was using the Intel HD 4000, also running i5 3850k, 8gb ram, as I said, ran perfect, no stuttering, okay, so graphics weren't the best, but it was definitely playable, also on W7.

there is enough difference between those two processors to affect GTA IV's performance. the hd graphics in i5-2400S is intel hd 2000. it does look like some people are able to get it to perform somehow, so i say original poster can tweak his settings\memrestrict, etc. until satisfied. actually stuff disappearing reminds me of failed memrestrict command experiences.

Los_Vincent
  • Los_Vincent

China

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

feel like you own a laptop,why can't see another video card ?
mine is I5 4GB RAM Intel HD 3000 and AMD 6370(1GB )
i run in AMD 6370 with high settings at 21 FPS

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Los_Vincent @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 12:14)
feel like you own a laptop,why can't see another video card ?
mine is I5 4GB RAM Intel HD 3000 and AMD 6370(1GB )
i run in AMD 6370 with high settings at 21 FPS

not all laptops have a dual setup like that

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by SlaveZer0, 21 May 2013 - 03:19 PM.

i hate to say it, it sounds like antipiracy..... you say you bought it on amazon and downloaded it? what program did you use to download it (there is only one)? is this by chance our friend WestSide9251 who would now be on his 4th account trying to get help for his pirated copy (if not i apologize in advance).

wanderer89
  • wanderer89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (SlaveZer0 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 15:14)
i hate to say it, it sounds like antipiracy..... you say you bought it on amazon and downloaded it? what program did you use to download it (there is only one)? is this by chance our friend WestSide9251 who would now be on his 4th account trying to get help for his pirated copy (if not i apologize in advance).

I bought a game from Amazon and downloaded it, well, 2 technically, Bioshock double pack, bought off Amazon, input the codes on Steam, downloaded them smile.gif

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (wanderer89 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 19:17)

I bought a game from Amazon and downloaded it, well, 2 technically, Bioshock double pack, bought off Amazon, input the codes on Steam, downloaded them smile.gif

ok thats all i wanted to know, thank you... not trying to give you a hard time, we just have a strong conviction about piracy

wanderer89
  • wanderer89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (SlaveZer0 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 20:36)
QUOTE (wanderer89 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 19:17)

ok thats all i wanted to know, thank you... not trying to give you a hard time, we just have a strong conviction about piracy

Nah, I understand, just pointing out you can buy and download from Amazon.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

but this
My Problem Is That it runs perfectly, no lag, but after about 3 seconds, all models disappear and it's just Niko in a car and a few other people floating on nothing. Besides that it runs perfectly lol.

was just that pirating troll wasting our time again, we just want to point that out also.

fdsafdsaf
  • fdsafdsaf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (SlaveZer0 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 23:50)
stop running the F@#$!ng game on hardware that is not meant for gaming... you people never learn. but you all think a mediocre experience is acceptable.... thats why so many game developers have gone to cell phone and tablet games, cause they can pump out sh*t games and you people will buy them and think it is a good experience. oh by the way original poster, your topic title of running the game on windows 7 has not a damn thing to do with the topic your presented!!!!...

I'm just trying to put up the information that I think is important. And I bought this game because It's a great game and I'm gonna play it, even if that means it doesn't run that well.

fdsafdsaf
  • fdsafdsaf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yah, I did the same thing and got the same problem. Maybe it's something with Amazon. Who knows. Oh well, guess I'm buying a graphics card. bored.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users