they lied about properties

49 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 00:23)
QUOTE (tator1 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 22:16)
QUOTE (rjmthe2nd @ Friday, May 10 2013, 22:11)
QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:04)
They did not lie. They saw the reaction of nit being able to buy properties and no RPG Elements. So they delayed it 6 months to add some stuff.

THAT IS NOT WHY THEY DELAYED IT.

it was all in, they didnt delay the game just because of that you Sloth mind fool

So you really think a 4-6 month delay was for what? From the Game Informer preview until the may 2nd previews, what is your theory on why they had a 4-6 MONTH DELAY.

The 4 months are to finalize the game, bug- and playtesting, optimizing, sound, voices... not add fully fledged features. At this point you only cut them. No theory, just cold hard reality that a game like this assloads of work and even more planning.. so you don't just throw in a feature right near launch just because some fans are somewhat angryish about it... That said, fan reaction/online sentiment is a terrible predictor anyway, you can't base decisions on that.

There's just no way...

almost 1 year is near release?

you should think about it before posting... Games like Skyrim do add features with patches in less than 6 Months

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Friday, May 10 2013, 22:23)
They did not lie. They saw the reaction of nit being able to buy properties and no RPG Elements. So they delayed it 6 months to add some stuff.

it was all in, they didnt delay the game just because of that you Sloth mind fool

So you really think a 4-6 month delay was for what? From the Game Informer preview until the may 2nd previews, what is your theory on why they had a 4-6 MONTH DELAY.

The 4 months are to finalize the game, bug- and playtesting, optimizing, sound, voices... not add fully fledged features. At this point you only cut them. No theory, just cold hard reality that a game like this assloads of work and even more planning.. so you don't just throw in a feature right near launch just because some fans are somewhat angryish about it... That said, fan reaction/online sentiment is a terrible predictor anyway, you can't base decisions on that.

There's just no way...

Agreed.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

I doubt they lied about properties. I would almost bet that at the moment they said 'no properties', they simply hadn't developed properties. R* is smart enough to not promise a feature and then release the game without it. Saying 'no properties' was a save bet for R*.

tator1
  • tator1

Tator Flowers

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

There's just no way...

With hundreds of people working on a 100 million $$$ game you really think 4-6 months is purely for bug testing etc...? You really don't know how this sh*t works do you?

So your telling me with the biggest Gaming publication magazine in the UNITED STATES (where rockstar gets a majorty of there sales & sales statistics from) would produce an article saying no properties no hair customization, no skills, then at the end of January, 30 days after the article was produced, a major delay occurred, the company is silent until late April about any specific information and may rolls around (around the time the game was predicted to release), the ideas that a majority of the fans complained about happened to appear in a huge preview of information.

Now tell me, where did the properties, the skills, the customization that was left out in JANUARY appear from now in MAY? January also marked the last bit of MP3 dlc to come out, so with teams not working on that, it gave extra manpower to work on GTAV from jan-may, which allowed for a team of hundreds of people to work on a huge project, specific teams working on certain aspects, yeah i believe the delay was for the fans, it was to make the fans happy for the long waiting period from the 1st trailer to the 2nd one, its for the TRUE fans who are going to buy the game because its GTA and they love the series, that's what the delay is for.

The property buying, the skill building, the customization, its not that big of a feature to instill this late in the game compared to changing story lines or re recording audio etc... Those things aren't changing the storyline, which is what the game revolves around. Those things are only adding to the gameplay which isn't awfully hard to change.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

You can't just assume they lied about that, there's something called "Adding" which means they must have "added" again used that new word of the day properties during the delay.

Habs
  • Habs

Montreality

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

There wasn't any '' lies ''... The word you're looking for is improvement.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Oh god no, nero ;D
Srsly how can you guys, and I mean ALL you people thinking R* delayed the game so they could implement features the community cried for as they weren't announced yet, how can you guys REALLY believe that R* didn't plan to implent those features from the start? Like, they said themselves that it's going to be the biggest game ever and sh*t and that would obviously mean EVERYTHING GOES. And they're not "unaware" of the fact that SA is seemingly the most liked GTA ever (or somthing like that) and they OF COURSE know why that was/is. It's because of the atmosphere (palmtrees, sunshine, deserts and countryside), because you could customize your player (tattoos, hats, clothes, chains, all that noise), because you had RPG elements to it and skill meters to grind (driving, shooting, stamina, lung capacity, all THAT noise) AND because it had a jetpack! And propperties to buy and vehicle customization. AND samuel l jackson and peter fonda.....oh my god SA is genius....off-topic though...now:

Aside from th marvelous jetpack and those veteran actors, all that is mentioned above will be back obviously because R* said they'd make the greatest GTA ever or something, and that would include those features. They know GTA IV was a huge leap forward but they know there would still be plenty of room to improve on. It took 3 more games to realize what goes, and now V is around the corner. Of course they add RDR features on top of the features as seen in SA some of MP3 aswell. It's the BIG one....GO BIG OR GO HOME etc....like, every time R* drops a game it is greater than one could have imagined, and then they announce that they gonna make the biggest and best GTA ever and all that and you think they'd seriously not consider to put all the lovable features people liked so much in SA into the game? Ha...lol...right...

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (tator1 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 22:33)

There's just no way...

With hundreds of people working on a 100 million $$$ game you really think 4-6 months is purely for bug testing etc...? You really don't know how this sh*t works do you?

So your telling me with the biggest Gaming publication magazine in the UNITED STATES (where rockstar gets a majorty of there sales & sales statistics from) would produce an article saying no properties no hair customization, no skills, then at the end of January, 30 days after the article was produced, a major delay occurred, the company is silent until late April about any specific information and may rolls around (around the time the game was predicted to release), the ideas that a majority of the fans complained about happened to appear in a huge preview of information.

Now tell me, where did the properties, the skills, the customization that was left out in JANUARY appear from now in MAY? January also marked the last bit of MP3 dlc to come out, so with teams not working on that, it gave extra manpower to work on GTAV from jan-may, which allowed for a team of hundreds of people to work on a huge project, specific teams working on certain aspects, yeah i believe the delay was for the fans, it was to make the fans happy for the long waiting period from the 1st trailer to the 2nd one, its for the TRUE fans who are going to buy the game because its GTA and they love the series, that's what the delay is for.

The property buying, the skill building, the customization, its not that big of a feature to instill this late in the game compared to changing story lines or re recording audio etc... Those things aren't changing the storyline, which is what the game revolves around. Those things are only adding to the gameplay which isn't awfully hard to change.

What this guy said. icon14.gif

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

THEY WAITED FOR GAMER'S FEEDBACKS

thats why they are the best inlove.gif

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

almost 1 year is near release?

yes
you should think about it before posting... Games like Skyrim do add features with patches in less than 6 Months

developers have plenty of ideas.. so there's always something that didn't make the cut but can go in 3 or 6 months on.

On a game this size with this many variables? Oh f*ck yeah. Rockstar is also know to have pretty shoddy tools.. so it's not like developing for Unreal Engine where you have nice visual real time tools. Yeah, I really don't know how this sh*t works.. catspider.gif

Why is United States all caps? Am I supposed to be impressed now? They're a commercial magazine, paid for by advertising from the same companies they're supposed to 'review'? I don't know what you're telling me, but a publication like that isn't telling me sh*t. Those journalists are deep in the pockets of the major publishers and that includes T2/R*. I'll take it for what it is. Do you believe everything tv and newspapers tell you too? Also, do you like to climb telephone poles? I do.

Now tell me, where did the properties, the skills, the customization that was left out in JANUARY appear from now in MAY?

Like I said, they didn't JUST appear in May. That was just the first time they were openly discussed. Also the first time ANY actual gameplay details were shown/discussed. Just because Rockstar didn't tell you about it, doesn't mean it wasn't there. And if you think developing a game can even be done so ad hoc, I'll just quote this other dude: You really don't know how this sh*t works do you?

January also marked the last bit of MP3 dlc to come out,

Unrelated. Different teams that may share resources but not to that extent.

yeah i believe the delay was for the fans, it was to make the fans happy for the long waiting period from the 1st trailer to the 2nd one, its for the TRUE fans who are going to buy the game because its GTA and they love the series, that's what the delay is for.

I know that it's nice to believe that.. but it just isn't how the world works. TRUE fans will already buy a game.. so why gear all those 100s of people towards building a feature for them? You already have their money. But no, you can't wish things into reality.

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

I love how people are whining if you say R* lied biggrin.gif I don't care if it's true or not but it's just funny..

Anonymity
  • Anonymity

Shady Shores Resident

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

So we're complaining about R* lying about features not being in the game that they end up adding in afterwards? And these features have the potential to bring longevity and enjoyment to the game, enriching our experiences?

Time to get my pitchfork! thosesonsabitches.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:00)
what i just thought about is the fact that they lied to our face about properties that means you really can't trust 100% on what they say

brings a whole new view on their promises and what they say maybe theres more they are keeping from us maybe more lies good or bad

they litterally just said properties would not be in the game as i recall it they CONFIRMED it they never sneaked away from the question but they downright confirmed it? they didn't even say they changed their mind they just changed their mind and didn't even care about what they said

this is a good lie but what else?

so i guess take their promises and what they say with a grain of salt

this might ofcourse be a onetime thing but if they can do this then they can say things about other stuff aswell

You finally realize this? Haha. Remember almost a year and a half ago?!? In january... A few months they said. Haha. They lie to keep back info. If they don't lie about details like that, they would have to say no comment, and that gets taken as a yes. The for sale sign had a big enough focus on the first trailer that they had it planned, they just didn't feel like saying so until they felt like it.

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

GI probably never saw any property buying and assumed it wasn't in. Lets be frank, it wasn't from R* mouth so we don't even know the truth.

I don't think they delayed to add properties, It was already in.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:23)

There's just no way...

This. Fans making up conspiracy theories again.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Regardless of the reasons or what R* says, we are still going to get a better game on September 17th than we would have maybe last month. It's obvious R* saw some things needed more attention or needed fixing, so they are taking the time to do it. There aren't many game companies that care about making a quality game enough to actually do this.

Stop whining.

rader1
  • rader1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (I Luke @ Friday, May 10 2013, 18:32)
GI probably never saw any property buying and assumed it wasn't in. Lets be frank, it wasn't from R* mouth so we don't even know the truth.

Dan Houser made the comment that you WOULD NOT be able to acquire new properties.

The fact is that when R* did the big info blowout last year A LOT of people were like "Wow, so WTF have you guys been working on for the last 4 years?" No character development(which is now a big thing in the previews about developing skills), no body mods(which you still can't change the characters physical shape but hair and tats are now customizable), no properties to acquire or make money off of(THIS WAS EXPLICITY STATED LAST NOV) plus a bunch of other features that most fans were looking forward to but apparently R* just didn't want to do.

Then, a couple months later a 6 month delay was announced and now 3 1/2 months later all of a sudden all of those features are now talked about like they are key design features? R* f*cked up and the fans let them know it so they listened and fixed their f*ck up. Personally, I applaud R* for finally listening.

Jvmes
  • Jvmes

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

The more interesting part is that they haven't addressed the fact that they rejected property initially.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Jvmes @ Friday, May 10 2013, 20:24)
The more interesting part is that they haven't addressed the fact that they rejected property initially.

Why would they? They'd come across like fools if they did, they're just trying to save face now.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (rader1 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 01:20)
QUOTE (I Luke @ Friday, May 10 2013, 18:32)

Dan Houser made the comment that you WOULD NOT be able to acquire new properties.

The fact is that when R* did the big info blowout last year A LOT of people were like "Wow, so WTF have you guys been working on for the last 4 years?" No character development(which is now a big thing in the previews about developing skills), no body mods(which you still can't change the characters physical shape but hair and tats are now customizable), no properties to acquire or make money off of(THIS WAS EXPLICITY STATED LAST NOV) plus a bunch of other features that most fans were looking forward to but apparently R* just didn't want to do.

Then, a couple months later a 6 month delay was announced and now 3 1/2 months later all of a sudden all of those features are now talked about like they are key design features? R* f*cked up and the fans let them know it so they listened and fixed their f*ck up. Personally, I applaud R* for finally listening.

When I heard GTA V didn't have properties I was mad. I mean Red Dead you can buy houses but why not GTA V? It suppose to be about money. I waited a long time to be able to buy businesses in a GTA game. As for RPG elements I don't care what there is as long as it isn't hungry or something that goes away over time. Gun skill, driving skill seems perfect. Gives you a reason to play as that character and improve them. I'm going to max out Micheal first then work on the rest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users