• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Specs:

e5400 Dual Core Pentium @ 3.44 (oc)
4GB GSkill DDR2 @ 533
WD 160GB SATA1 (OS drive)
Seagate 1TB SATA2 (Games drive)
Sapphire HD3850 AGP (oc, dual output; DVI to monitor, CV to Phillips Plasma)
Win 7 Ultimate 32

Weird issue, both IV and EFLC (both retail discs) seem to be forgetting my resolution, which should stick at 1280x720@60hz. Not game breaking, but it requires me to save the resolution change, exit, then restart for the Plasma, as for whatever reason, the Plasma doesn't pick up the new resolution after a non-supported one. In game only though, once I'm back to windows, all is well.

Any thoughts? None of the other graphic settings get changed, just the resolution. For giggles, here's my latest benchmark (new RAM FTW!)

Statistics
Average FPS: 40.54
Duration: 37.07 sec
CPU Usage: 94%
System memory usage: 54%
Video memory usage: 61%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 720 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: Off
Reflection Resolution: Off
Water Quality: Low
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x2
Night Shadows: Off
View Distance: 22
Detail Distance: 11

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
Video Driver version: 8.17.10.1129
Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device)
PentiumŪ Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Might I recommend new computer? they havent made an agp card for like 6 yrs now.... i think you are due a new system

DopeDog1080p
  • DopeDog1080p

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

You need a new computer. Even my computer have bad performance in this game. It's so badly ported I wanna die.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

i am kind of impressed you got windows 7 to work at all with that kind of overclock, but
Not game breaking, but it requires me to save the resolution change, exit, then restart for the Plasma, as for whatever reason, the Plasma doesn't pick up the new resolution after a non-supported one.

sounds like gta iv just being its regular wonky self. you are lucky to get it to work well enough at all - GTA IV + windows 7 + 2GB DDR2 533 + hd 3850 agp + output graphics/sound to PLASMA TELEVISION = chicken god sacrifice

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by ceedj, 12 May 2013 - 04:55 AM.

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 13:03)
i am kind of impressed you got windows 7 to work at all with that kind of overclock

Thanks, but I had a bit of help, a German person/group modded the BIOS for the ASRock board I have; it allows 4GB instead of the original 2GB, and somewhere made the cpu and memory clocks more stable at 266/533. Had one blue screen with the new memory thus far, but nothing since. I will eventually upgrade when I can afford it, but this is kind of a twisted hobby, keeping this very old tech running well.

And really, getting 40FPS in this game when some people with twice my specs can barely run it is it's own reward. smile.gif

Anyway, good point highlighting the plasma; as good as the TV is (and as cheap as I got it), it's kind of quirky all around. I'll just live with it if I have to.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

see, the monitor\tv has to reply to the system what resolutions its capable of... the more vaiables for success you introduce into a gta iv game environment, the more difficult rockstar toronto has made it to achieve any sort of satisfaction. i spent all types of money trying to build an ultimate gta iv system, only to be thwarted again and again. now i just try to run gta iv to its fullest potential on systems i humbug on (vostro 200 i can install and reinstall windows xp on until the cows come home)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users