Phone not working properly

5 replies to this topic
logsandbricks
  • logsandbricks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with phones. Everytime I get called during a mission for example, I try to answer, Niko takes his phone and then immediately puts it away. It acts as if I finished the conversation, because everything goes on as normal.
This is really annoying and sometimes causes problems. In the 'Jamaican Heat' mission, I get a call, I try to answer and Niko puts away the phone right away, and the game gets stuck, leaving me unable to continue until I restart the game.

I'm unsure what causes this. I installed GTA 4 from Steam, and I use the xliveless asi loader along with ScriptHook.dll. The only mod I have installed is Simple Native Trainer. I've ran this combo in the past and it worked fine. I tried using YAASIL instead of xliveless but it doesn't make a difference.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Try removing the trainer and check what will happen.
Also, try installing 1.0.7.0 Patch if you didn't do this before.

logsandbricks
  • logsandbricks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think the steam automatically downloads 1.0.7.0. I still have the same issue without the trainer, I also tried not using an asi loader at all, but it doesn't change anything.
I verified game files in steam and it didn't replace anything.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Did you use the trainer at any point in the gameplay?
I remember when I used trainer to give myself stuff at the very beginning, I couldn't complete "It's Your Call" because the phone wouldn't show at all.

logsandbricks
  • logsandbricks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Nope, when I tested it without the asi loader, I started a new game, on the second mission it gives you a phone and Roman calls you, and it bugs out there already.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

The only thing that comes into my mind now is re-installing the game. It could be something wrong with game files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users