34 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

user posted image

Next week, the roster of downloadable Rockstar titles in the PS2 Classics collection at PlayStation Store is set to get bigger - and grislier - with the addition of Rockstar North's dark stealth thriller Manhunt, originally released 10 years ago. Beginning on May 14th Tuesday when the PSN Store does its weekly update (Wednesday for those in Europe), you'll be able to step back into the shoes of James Earl Cash, a Death Row inmate playing that most dangerous game of kill-or-be-killed at the mercy of the maniacal Lionel Starkweather.

Manhunt will be available from PSN for $9.99 / 9.99 / 7.99 and joins Bully and Red Dead Revolver, as well as all PlayStation 2 entries in the Grand Theft Auto and Midnight Club franchises, in the PS2 Classics category of PlayStation Store.

The Warriors is also releasing for US store as it was released for Europe weeks ago.

Source:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/49851/manhunt-coming-to-psn-next-week.html

Now I will be able to play this game again!

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I never played those games before, so now that they will be added to the PS Store, I will be able to buy them. icon14.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

What!?!? I'm freaked The Warriors isn't on Xbox's backward compatibly list. Well, I'm happy for PS3 users. I have The Warriors for the original Xbox. Just need to get me an old Xbox.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 10 May 2013 - 01:40 PM.

The Warriors coming to PSN soon also, Rockstar themselves said so on Facebook when they announced Manhunt was coming. EDIT: Wow i'm slow, completely missed the OP including The Warriors in his post.

LONG overdue. Now all we need on the PSN is Bully. (I don't think it's there already)

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I wonder if Manhunt will be available to us since it was banned in 2004? I guess with the newly adopted R rating it shouldn't be a problem.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm not sure if i'll get this yet, my PS2 copy of the game still works and i still have the PS3 that plays PS2 games, i'll only ever get it from PSN if anything happens to my Manhunt disc.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a fresh wave of controversy after Manhunt is released on PSN, no doubt the game haters will come crawling out of the woodwork.

Will we ever see Manhunt 2 uncensored on PSN, i doubt it but hopefully one day we will see MH2 uncensored on PSN.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

MANHUNT IS THE BEST ROCKSTAR GAMES GAME!
I won't be getting it though as I already have both Manhunt's on PS2.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have Manhunt AND The Warriors on PS2, unfortunately though the only PS2 i have is a dusty broken piece of sh*t sad.gif won't read disks, can barely even move the analogue stick its so clogged up with dust. Even if it did work however, the wires on PS2 controllers actually aren't long enough to reach to my sofa, haha.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (pyramid head @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 00:50)
I'm not sure if i'll get this yet, my PS2 copy of the game still works and i still have the PS3 that plays PS2 games, i'll only ever get it from PSN if anything happens to my Manhunt disc.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a fresh wave of controversy after Manhunt is released on PSN, no doubt the game haters will come crawling out of the woodwork.

Will we ever see Manhunt 2 uncensored on PSN, i doubt it but hopefully one day we will see MH2 uncensored on PSN.

It's fairly mild by today's standards.

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I will be getting Manhunt for sure.

Kung Lao
  • Kung Lao

FOR THE SHAOLIN

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Annoys me how xbox gets nothing......ps3 as per usual. mad.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (pyramid head @ Friday, May 10 2013, 13:50)

How I envy you have the PS3 model that can play PS2 games. It's not only cheaper, but you can play lots of games that aren't even on PSS.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's strange, i had the original PS3 model also (the one that is supposed to be backwards compatible.) It didn't play Manhunt, The Warriors OR GTA San Andreas.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, May 10 2013, 13:45)
I wonder if Manhunt will be available to us since it was banned in 2004? I guess with the newly adopted R rating it shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully, and I mean really with the games dated graphics, why not?

I'm so glad we FINALLY have the R18+ Rating, but was disappointed with games so far.

Army of Two: Devil's Cartel,
I swear this was only given R18+ as they needed to start giving the rating to something.

Mortal Kombat 9,
I was disappointed this was banned and I consider it to be quite meh for the most part in gore at least, great game.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

The Warriors? Great i have to check PSN. Maybe even consider Manhunt,i didn't like it back then but maybe i will reconsider it now.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

i hate that Xbox isnt compatibel to these old gen games...

but Manhunt is forbidden in Germany so I couldnt buy it anyways

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, May 10 2013, 15:23)
Manhunt is forbidden in Germany so I couldnt buy it anyways

I thought that was only for retail sale, you sure it wouldn't be available via the PSN Store?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:25)

I thought that was only for retail sale, you sure it wouldn't be available via the PSN Store?

Yes. Its forbidden so SOny or MS wouldnt offer them in German Store, Marketplace.

Same was the case with Gears of War 1. I had to make an US account to download DLC. unfortunatelly they then even IP locked it so I couldnt even see videos on the store on the US account...

the funny thing is that Gears 3 and Judgment are available in germany uncut now...

pure logic

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, May 10 2013, 16:27)

Yes. Its forbidden so SOny or MS wouldnt offer them in German Store, Marketplace.

Same was the case with Gears of War 1. I had to make an US account to download DLC. unfortunatelly they then even IP locked it so I couldnt even see videos on the store on the US account...

the funny thing is that Gears 3 and Judgment are available in germany uncut now...

pure logic

Gears isn't that gory.
It's like Barbie compared to Manhunt.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, May 10 2013, 16:27)

pure logic

Gears isn't that gory.
It's like Barbie compared to Manhunt.

so what?

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Miamivicecity It's fairly mild by today's standards.

That's true the bloodiest most violent games that i have are Prototype 1 and 2 and Fallout 3 pick the bloody mess perk and occasionally the bad guy your shooting will explode in a fountain of blood.
Fallout 3 shotgun vs raider bloody mess perk

Zancudo How I envy you have the PS3 model that can play PS2 games. It's not only cheaper, but you can play lots of games that aren't even on PSS.

Your post made me go and check if my copy of Manhunt works on my older PS3, luckily for me it does, i must check the rest of my PS2 games.

Cosmic Gypsy It's strange, i had the original PS3 model also (the one that is supposed to be backwards compatible.) It didn't play Manhunt, The Warriors OR GTA San Andreas.

I just checked to be sure and Manhunt works on my original PS3 not sure about GTA San Andreas though have to check to see if San Andreas and my other PS2 games work on my original PS3.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's really weird, literally the only games i wanted to work on my backward compatible PS3 was Manhunt, The Warriors and GTA SA. Was well pissed off when i found out none of them worked.

EDIT: I actually never found a PS2 game that worked on the backward compatible models of the PS3. I tried quite a few, not just R* titles either, nothing worked.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I had a 60GB PS3 but the cooling system inside it has 9 blades for the fan instead of 12 that the other models have, meaning that it would overheat constantly. For me, anytime you would play Grand Theft Auto IV it would turn off and beep three times (overheating) in the span of just about 5 minutes. Other games such as LittleBigPlanet or Fallout:New Vegas would last about 15 to 30 minutes before turning off. About ten minutes into any game I would play, the fan inside would kick up and sound like a jet taking off.

Soon enough the whole console got a YLOD and now I've got a 40GB PS3 thats extremely quiet when I play it. Not that I'm making much a sacrifice anyway, because I can just play all of my PS2 games lying within my cupboard by inserting the disc and playing them through an emulator with my PS3 controller connected through USB. Technology has really advanced, huh?

-Wheatley

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by pyramid head, 10 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Friday, May 10 2013, 16:11)
That's really weird, literally the only games i wanted to work on my backward compatible PS3 was Manhunt, The Warriors and GTA SA. Was well pissed off when i found out none of them worked.

EDIT: I actually never found a PS2 game that worked on the backward compatible models of the PS3. I tried quite a few, not just R* titles either, nothing worked.

Wasn't there a firmware update that removed backwards compatability for PS2 games for all PS3's? i don't remember if there was or not, the only reason i can think of for my original PS3 still playing PS2 games is that i went and bought a new PS3 with a bigger hard drive (i was too lazy to install a bigger hard drive) and stopped using the old one which may be why the backwards compatability removal firmware was never loaded onto my old PS3.

List of backwards compatible PS1 and PS2 games
http://en.wikipedia....ayStation_games

What model is your PS3? is it a 40 80 or 160 GB model none of those play PS2 games the reason for that is due to the removal of "Graphics Synthesizer" GPU, which stripped the units of all PlayStation 2 based hardware, my original PS3 is a 60GB
http://en.wikipedia....#Original_model

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have a 40 gb that is loud as a jet engine and it overheats when I have a very hot room, right now it's cool so it doesnt overheat

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Anyone seen the sale of GTA SA and VC on PSN? Very good price. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow for nostalgia and good memories. Anyone else buying it/them?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

My original PS3 was 60 gigs (i think), there was a firmware update removing backwards compatible i think, i forgot about that, that might be why i couldn't get anything to work. For some reason i forgot about the update and just assumed the old school model was still backwards compatible to this day. I might not have had the internet at the time though, i'm not sure if i tried getting the games to work before or after i finally connected.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:36)
My original PS3 was 60 gigs (i think), there was a firmware update removing backwards compatible i think, i forgot about that, that might be why i couldn't get anything to work. For some reason i forgot about the update and just assumed the old school model was still backwards compatible to this day. I might not have had the internet at the time though, i'm not sure if i tried getting the games to work before or after i finally connected.

You must've had a different 60GB then because my old 60GB PS3 was updated to the latest firmware and could still play PS2 games. To my knowledge there are two 60GB's; one which has a separate chip on the motherboard that emulates the PS2 hardware and the other which has no chip and uses software emulation.

On the back of the PS3 should be letters and numbers, my old 60GB had CECH-03 and had card-readers on the front with a Chrome plate going above and along the disk-drive slot.

-Wheatley

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

I wish we could play these on the Vita.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I might get both of these games, as I've never played either one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users