Photo

Games to play before Grand Theft Auto V

72 replies to this topic
TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I just replayed red dead, got all the way to the part when he goes back home. Then Stopped because I rather play as John rather his son.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

As an alternative to the suggestion of SRIV, try crackdown 2. Has the same realm of super-human stats as SRIV (speed, jumping,strength) but also has fun toys like the sticky chain grenade thing, plus the driving is fun though not very realistic. It's a game that also likes its explosions. The sandbox area is really fun to explore, plus it has co-op!

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (gdsaqqq @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:47)
QUOTE (UnderWeb @ Friday, May 10 2013, 01:40)
Best game evah

user posted image

Obvious troll is obvious.

No chance in hell anybody with half a mind will say that.

The only exception are kids. turn.gif

Haha you're right. This one is way better, more serious you know..:

user posted image

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:49)
QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:44)
I have replayed GTA IV and it's episodes numerous times since the second trailer for V came out, and it has really hyped me for it.
I am currently on my third replay of RDR (a great game and anyone whole loves GTA should get it), and my fourth replay of TLaD.

One question:

I am thinking of getting Max Payne 3, is it a good game that is worth getting, or should I not bother?

Max Payne 3 is definitely one of the best shooters of 2012. It's story, gunplay mechanics, level design and soundtrack are incredibly awesome. I would recommend getting on PC though but if you want to get it on consoles then do as well because all I've heard of it are great things. One of my best purchases of 2012. Also the game is quite long, I think I clocked in at around 11-12 hours total for the whole camaign.

I haven't touched Multiplayer for a while but what I will say is that I felt like I was in a John Woo movie with bullets whizzing past my character while diving in slow motion off a balcony, through glass then taking pot shots at some guy behind cover.

-Wheatley

Wow, sounds like a great game, something that I could really get into. I'll have to see if I can pick it up from a local store sometime next week.

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

CoD >>> Saints and Saints Row

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Well here is what ill be playing: (PS3)

GTAIV & EFLC
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Gran Turismo 5
Driver San Francisco
GTA:SA (PS2 Classic)
Just Cause 2

Maybe some other games but these are the main ones i play. [note: i do not play noob of duty.]

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Friday, May 10 2013, 01:50)
QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:44)
I have replayed GTA IV and it's episodes numerous times since the second trailer for V came out, and it has really hyped me for it.
I am currently on my third replay of RDR (a great game and anyone whole loves GTA should get it), and my fourth replay of TLaD.

One question:

I am thinking of getting Max Payne 3, is it a good game that is worth getting, or should I not bother?

Good game but Max himself is a whiny bitch. I stopped playing the game after the second disc because of his constant whining. The guy is way too depressed. I know it may sound like a stupid reason but.... it just became annoying to me. He complains everytime he opens his mouth. The guy should just learn to suck it up.

I guess nobody owns a sarcasm detector these days. smile.gif

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (TripleRob @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:50)
I just replayed red dead, got all the way to the part when he goes back home. Then Stopped because I rather play as John rather his son.

Please put a spoiler tag. There's still a lot of people who haven't played it yet.

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (MuXu96 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:49)
DLC made to a full game.

Why does everyone keep saying that?! You dummies. It's in the developer interviews that they decided to ADD the dlc missions to what they had already finished for Saints Row 4 because they thought it went better with the theme of IV than TT. regardless of how you feel towards SR series, the common misconception of the DLC being turned into full game needs to be corrected in that Violition added the DLC to what had already been developed for SR4! They aren't charging you full price for DLC, they are giving you the DLC for FREE with what was gonna be SR4!

Not a SR fanboy or anything, it just annoys me that the main reason most people will shun SR4 is because they think it is DLC turned into a full game, when in reality, is not so. I almost consider myself a GTA fanboy and I know this enough about SR to try and defend against this accusation, how do you other dummies that keep saying that not know this?!

That being said, I don't defend anything else about the game, just that you're wrong about it being dlc for full price.

About Sleeping Dogs: I thought it was good, it is worth a rental in the very least if you like open world games AT ALL. It doesn't really have anything that makes it a must have, but it does what it tries to accomplish well. The only thing that bothered me was some of the fight sequences would make me wish I could pull out a gun and blow their heads off instead of fighting them for 5 minutes. Not a problem with the combat mechanics, just my playstyle preference.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Burner @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 22:42)
QUOTE (MuXu96 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:49)
DLC made to a full game.

Why does everyone keep saying that?! You dummies. It's in the developer interviews that they decided to ADD the dlc missions to what they had already finished for Saints Row 4 because they thought it went better with the theme of IV than TT. regardless of how you feel towards SR series, the common misconception of the DLC being turned into full game needs to be corrected in that Violition added the DLC to what had already been developed for SR4! They aren't charging you full price for DLC, they are giving you the DLC for FREE with what was gonna be SR4!

Not a SR fanboy or anything, it just annoys me that the main reason most people will shun SR4 is because they think it is DLC turned into a full game, when in reality, is not so. I almost consider myself a GTA fanboy and I know this enough about SR to try and defend against this accusation, how do you other dummies that keep saying that not know this?!

That being said, I don't defend anything else about the game, just that you're wrong about it being dlc for full price.

About Sleeping Dogs: I thought it was good, it is worth a rental in the very least if you like open world games AT ALL. It doesn't really have anything that makes it a must have, but it does what it tries to accomplish well. The only thing that bothered me was some of the fight sequences would make me wish I could pull out a gun and blow their heads off instead of fighting them for 5 minutes. Not a problem with the combat mechanics, just my playstyle preference.

Did you watch today's PAX demo? No. Guess not. Looks EXACTLY like SRTT. I don't know where you get your information from but SRIV is actually the DLC enter the dominatrix but converted into a full game. It's the laziest sh*t a company can do.

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (UnderWeb @ Friday, May 10 2013, 01:51)
QUOTE (gdsaqqq @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:47)
QUOTE (UnderWeb @ Friday, May 10 2013, 01:40)
Best game evah

user posted image

Obvious troll is obvious.

No chance in hell anybody with half a mind will say that.

The only exception are kids. turn.gif

Haha you're right. This one is way better, more serious you know..:

user posted image

Black Ops 2 is average, but MW3?

ITS MY FAV GAME!
It has:
- Addicting gameplay that makes Skyrim look like GTA Advance, in terms of sheer content obviously.
- Best shooting mechanics i've ever seen in a videogame, which is also more realistic than real life.
- One of the best stories i experienced in games, crafted by Infinity Ward, and Sledge Hammer games.
- Multiplayer is just soo engrossing with respectful gamers and mind-blowing maps.
- The sounds are superb.
- the World War 3 atmosphere gives me goosebumps.
- Survival mode is very fun, it innovates the videogame industry with games having this 'zombies' idea like Black Ops 2.
- The development team insures we get the best experience without any lag, and also keeps the game even more popular with great DLCs.

Need i say more.
f*ck GTA. MW3 Rules. smile.gif

shane94
  • shane94

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

FC3
RDR
GTA IV
GTA SA
AC 3

bratpack
  • bratpack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by bratpack, 10 May 2013 - 12:08 AM.

ill be buying on MAY24TH
user posted image

then on JUNE 14TH (REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE)
user posted image

Then on august30th this little gem is out
user posted image

so glad its not a wii u exclusive anymore first was awesome this will then keep me going for the final two week stretch tooooooooo
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users