Subtitles in different languages

10 replies to this topic
Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

So, Rockstar just posted on Facebook that GTAV will have subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese (insert thanks-Rockstar here). Maybe this is because MP3 was set in Brazil. Or maybe there'll be subtitles in other languages aswell.

icon14.gif

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

It has nothing to do with MP being in Brazil, it has to do with every game has localized translation in it for people in other countries who cant understand English.

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Fisciletti, IV also had subtitles in several languages such as spanish, french, german (not sure). They just realized that their brazilian fanbase is as big as the spanish/french/german ones, or even bigger. Anyways thanks so much for Rockstar Games, these subtitles will help a lot of people from here who can't understand english (like my little cousin who annoys me with questions regarding mission objectives haha). smile.gif

gui_olecio
  • gui_olecio

Juve fan

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

It doesn't matter here.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Calanguento @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:01)
Fisciletti, IV also had subtitles in several languages such as spanish, french, german (not sure). They just realized that their brazilian fanbase is as big as the spanish/french/german ones, or even bigger. Anyways thanks so much for Rockstar Games, these subtitles will help a lot of people from here who can't understand english (like my little cousin who annoys me with questions regarding mission objectives haha). smile.gif

Agreed. icon14.gif

As much as I don't like to play games subtitled for Portuguese (specially GTA, because I'm sure that lots of jokes that can only be understood in English will be lost in the translation), I appreciate the fact that big companies are looking at us with different eyes, understanding that we are a huge fanbase. Thanks, Rockstar. smile.gif

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Calanguento, 09 May 2013 - 03:20 AM.

QUOTE (Eagles @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:08)
QUOTE (Calanguento @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:01)

Agreed. icon14.gif

As much as I don't like to play games subtitled for Portuguese (specially GTA, because I'm sure that lots of jokes that can only be understood in English will be lost in the translation), I appreciate the fact that big companies are looking at us with different eyes, understanding that we are a huge fanbase. Thanks, Rockstar. smile.gif

Yeah, mate. But I'm pretty sure we will can switch to our subtitle of choice in the pause menu, so you will can play the entire game with english subtitles if it best suits you. smile.gif

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Who honestly cares? Odds are you'll be able to understand the actual dialogue or the subtitles.

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

They probably care because they speak Portuguese you serb sly.gif

Ted Bundys Bedsheets
  • Ted Bundys Bedsheets

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Good news for Portuguese speakers. I hope GTA can be translated to as many languages as possible. People have to experience it's greatness.

Romakasi
  • Romakasi

Mr. Scratch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Russian subtitles confirmed as well! icon14.gif

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Fortunately, every GTA had German subtitles, especially for the time when I was in my teenage years. Now I would get almost everything without them, but sometimes it's good to have subtitles when I am driving in a car with radio on and a person is talking to the protagonist in heavy dialect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users