A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey guys and girls,

I don't often post in these sections, and I doubt this question/issue really warrants a topic of it's own. But I really want some decent advice.

I've not kept good contact with friends from high school since graduating and getting employed, most have added me on facebook since, but there's one friend who I have no idea what has happened to her. sad.gif I had a crush on her and she constantly flirted with me.
Obviously she hasn't gone on facebook, and sadly she probably isn't looking or thinking of me, but we were really close, or so I thought. I've not seen her in 10 years now.
I tried contacting her younger sister, but she didn't respond. I'm worried she's died and I've just never found out. So I don't want to bother her sister again.
I really just want to know how she is and if she ok.
I'm going to contact other old friends and ask around.

But are there any other things I could do, to find out whether she is ok, or where she might be?

Thanks for reading. Anyone else been in this situation?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 08 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

I Don't know if you can actually do this, But maybe you can go to a police station and ask to see records of her?

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Do you know where she lives? Set fire to her house and see who comes running out. Or if you're more orthodox you could just knock and ask. You could ask her sister again. You could look in the phone book. You could even if you were really desperate put a message in the newspaper, but that might be a bit weird.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Ask some of your other HS friends who may know her where's she's been. If they say anything, ask her contact info saying you wanna catch up.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 22:26)
Do you know where she lives? Set fire to her house and see who comes running out. Or if you're more orthodox you could just knock and ask. You could ask her sister again. You could look in the phone book. You could even if you were really desperate put a message in the newspaper, but that might be a bit weird.

lol.gif I know what village she used to live in, but no idea which house! I'll try a few random ones though, might get lucky tounge2.gif

Fgcarva, that's what I'm going to do. I kind of don't want my current girlfriend (pretty, jealous type) to know I'm doing this so I'm trying to keep it low key, I did think about phone book, it might be worth trying. Only trouble is her surname isn't unique at all , but her village isn't massive either..... whatsthat.gif will try that.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

I too search many people but I don't know what do, some immature people try help me... bored.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 22:45)
I know what village she used to live in, but no idea which house! I'll try a few random ones though, might get lucky

Does your library or newspaper have a morgue?
Registrar of vital statistics?
City Directory?
General Bing/Google search?
Class President Reunion mailing list?

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Ask some of her friends or your friends that know her.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Work for the mob and/or a government agency posing as a news paper.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Bother her sister again.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 14:35)
Bother her sister again.

Progress so far.....

I visited her 'village' (bigger than I thought!) and looked at the recent graves in the church yard, phew. Nothing there.

I spoke to someone I recognised as one of her sister's friends, according to her she has just disappeared and she hasn't seen her either confused.gif

I'm going to get in touch with a few more people as soon as possible, I think there might be a chance she's emigrated or something like that.

I really don't want to bother her sister again, sure if I happen to bump into her, I'll ask, but I'm not going to send another message through facebook to her again, it's so f*cking weird that she didn't reply, and there are no photo's of them together or anything.
A part of me thinks she must be ok, otherwise I would of heard something, but a few people died from my year group, and I didn't find out til a few years later.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by finn4life, 10 May 2013 - 01:21 AM.

Just so you know, Facebook screens out messages from strangers and puts them in a separate folder, which most people hardly ever check, and it doesn't give you an event when you get the message either.

Facebook has the thing that says if people saw it or not which is handy. If you're sure she saw the message, do not under any circumstances message again, it is f*cking weird. What did you ask anyway? Like the exact message.

Also, going to the police will most likely get you on a stalker watch list haha.

Edit: Searched and found In the UK YOU can search the electoral roll/pay somebody to do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users