Photo

5 Wanted Level

85 replies to this topic
Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 12:32)
1 star-Police will chase you by foot and will try to beat you down and arrest you
2 Star-Police will use there guns and arrest you if possible
3 star-Helicopter and swat team,K-9 Unit Come after you
4 star-The FIB Come after you and
5 star-The Military comes after you

That's how I picture the wanted system to be like

Pretty much this. My guess is that Rockstar completely reworked the wanted level with different counties, improved police AI, snipers, line-of-sight/stealth and the existence of the Military. Once they did this they simply thought that a sixth star was not needed so they scrapped it.

Personally, I didn't really care for the sixth star in GTA IV. During it, I felt like the police's AI just stopped trying and just rammed me non-stop with NOOSE cars. It just felt too gamey for me. Quality > quantity.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Like I said before, I hope the Army comes after you with Tanks and sh*t, soldiers having M60s and whatever

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (mikeinthahouse @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 16:53)
Like I said before, I hope the Army comes after you with Tanks and sh*t, soldiers having M60s and whatever

How is that going to be any different than having SWAT chase you in their armored vans / APC / whatever they are going to use?

It's not. So it's pointless for Rockstar to reintroduce the military at the highest wanted level. Hence the 5 star level this go around and how there was little difference between a 5 star level and a 6 star level in IV.

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (YoungChrist @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:41)
Well how many times have you actually gotten to 6 stars? 6 seems excessive to me.

I got their plenty of times.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Is that... a soldier?
user posted image

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

If thou' ist wanting some, thou' shall receive.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Wesinator @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:18)
QUOTE (YoungChrist @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:41)
Well how many times have you actually gotten to 6 stars? 6 seems excessive to me.

I got their plenty of times.

Lol yeah wtf?

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (RogueStatus @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 18:49)
i hope the police dont use K-9. idk why i just really dont want to have to kill dogs.
i know it seems odd after going on a rampage of killing hundreds of civilians, i just dont want to put a slug in Hooch.

Don't kill the dogs then. Just hope you can run fast! tounge.gif
Personally I want animals to be more than just for show and this involves the police using them. I wouldn't mind seeing police horses either.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

Hollow

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Darth_Starkiller @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:05)
Is that... a soldier?
user posted image

The SUV in the backround.... I hope theres a civilian version of it. I would drive it all day in the desert, through sandy shores, and all the way around the map

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have a strong feeling Rockstar are just trying to keep as much as possible a secret. We already know this is true, but I think there may well be 6 stars & that will be the Military. A nice surprise for us to find when the game releases, don't you think? smile.gif

Niall
  • Niall

Love Media

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

^ There are six stars.
They cap the stars at 5 for the demo so no matter what they do the military won't come out and spoil things for release. I promise.

Ermac
  • Ermac

checking it like checkers

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 23:32)
Personally, I didn't really care for the sixth star in GTA IV. During it, I felt like the police's AI just stopped trying and just rammed me non-stop with NOOSE cars. It just felt too gamey for me. Quality > quantity.

They pretty much did this in past GTA's as well (sans the NOOSE cars). Hopefully the LSPD and FIB will not only apply the P.O.T. (power over technique) maneuver, but the P.I.T. maneuver as well, along with other advanced tactics.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 18:46)
QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 23:32)

They pretty much did this in past GTA's as well (sans the NOOSE cars). Hopefully the LSPD and FIB will not only apply the P.O.T. (power over technique) maneuver, but the P.I.T. maneuver as well, along with other advanced tactics.

About time. If the A.I improved, so are the tactics.

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

1 STAR: Police try to take you in non lethal, possble taser and pepper spray use
2 STAR: More police presence, Lethal force permitted, K-9
3 STAR: Roadblocks, checkpoints, car searches. Police helicopter, spike strips
4 STAR: SWAT
5 STAR: FIB

That's probably what it's like.

aleex96
  • aleex96

Peon

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Darth_Starkiller @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:05)
Is that... a soldier?
user posted image

Is the sheriff uniform, like LASD

user posted image

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:01)

How is that going to be any different than having SWAT chase you in their armored vans / APC / whatever they are going to use?

It's not. So it's pointless for Rockstar to reintroduce the military at the highest wanted level. Hence the 5 star level this go around and how there was little difference between a 5 star level and a 6 star level in IV.

I HIGHLY disagree. You're telling me it wouldn't be cool to have the entire country after you? I mean, if the army wants to hunt you, you must have did something pretty bad. Also, there is hydras in the game you can fly so they must send some after you. Plus ya know, there's a military base to project, something FBI don't do

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:01)

Well for one, SWAT teams don't have access to military grade equipment like tanks, fighter jets, heavy machine guns etc...

Besides you can't deny it would be incredible seeing the military out on the streets in tanks and flying round Blaine County in hydras just looking for you biggrin.gif

Plus if there's military bases (which have been confirmed several times) it would seem pretty pointless to not have them come after you

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:51)
QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:50)
What was the significance of six stars to begin with? Seems like SWAT showed up after four and that was it.

FBI at level 6

Actually Tanks and the army showed up at level 6 back in the day.

The 6th star being dropped isn't a big deal if they feel its unecessary then take it out. Im not bothered. What I think is more important is deciding what actions merit which star level. I think they should play out like this.

1 Star - No more light rear-enders meaning an arrest. Tapping his fender means I do time!? One star level only for stealing a car or punching someone in the face in the presence of a cop.
2 Stars - Killing a cop means two stars but only if WITNESSED by another cop. Running one over when no one is around and getting two stars is madness. The guy's dead. He cant report it in. How the hell do the PD know?
3 stars - Murdering more than 30 people within a short time frame. This is because people will see it and report the deaths. A manhunt will result and merits three stars. This results in upwards of five police cars chasing you down.
4 stars - The Helicopters arrive now with FIB down below taking orders. This is providing you kill more people trying to escape and they all actually SEE this.
5 stars - Lastly the LS Army arrives. Streets are shut down and pedestrians are rarely around. Standard cop cars, Noose, Patriot cars and FIB all try to take you down. Tanks will join in also.

What do you think?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 21:34)
QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:51)
QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 17:50)
What was the significance of six stars to begin with? Seems like SWAT showed up after four and that was it.

FBI at level 6

Actually Tanks and the army showed up at level 6 back in the day.

The 6th star being dropped isn't a big deal if they feel its unecessary then take it out. Im not bothered. What I think is more important is deciding what actions merit which star level. I think they should play out like this.

1 Star - No more light rear-enders meaning an arrest. Tapping his fender means I do time!? One star level only for stealing a car or punching someone in the face in the presence of a cop.
2 Stars - Killing a cop means two stars but only if WITNESSED by another cop. Running one over when no one is around and getting two stars is madness. The guy's dead. He cant report it in. How the hell do the PD know?
3 stars - Murdering more than 30 people within a short time frame. This is because people will see it and report the deaths. A manhunt will result and merits three stars. This results in upwards of five police cars chasing you down.
4 stars - The Helicopters arrive now with FIB down below taking orders. This is providing you kill more people trying to escape and they all actually SEE this.
5 stars - Lastly the LS Army arrives. Streets are shut down and pedestrians are rarely around. Standard cop cars, Noose, Patriot cars and FIB all try to take you down. Tanks will join in also.

What do you think?

Wow, that actually sounds pretty good. Especially the 5 stars. They might as well go with this.

Yeah, I bumped my own thread. Didn't want to make a new one...

stranger44
  • stranger44

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

I also don't get why they removed a star. I'd want the wanted system in GTA V to work like this:

1 Star: Police pursue you non-lethally with tasers & attack dogs as they try to arrest you.
2 Stars: If you are on 1 Star and at any point pull out your weapon in front of a policeman or a pedestrian who reports you as armed, then you go straight to 2 Stars.
The police (knowing you're armed) will no longer pursue you non-lethally and will instead try to kill you with gunfire.
If you want to surrender then you have to put your weapon away (just have your fists out) and then the police will arrest you only when they see you have put your weapon away.
3 Stars: The entire Police Department is out for you including helicopters.
4 Stars: The SWAT team turns up.
5 Stars: The FBI turns up.
6 Stars: The military turns up.

This system seems ideal to me.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 03:40)
Because it's GTA 5

icon14.gif

You sir, are going places.

Cheers!

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Niall @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 18:30)
^ There are six stars.
They cap the stars at 5 for the demo so no matter what they do the military won't come out and spoil things for release. I promise.

this sounds about right

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

I think military chasing few guys around the city is going too far in real life...like while searching for the bomber of Boston, they just sent out SWAT not the army
..so I think there won't be any soldiers invloving the wanted system....and maybe that's the reason why there's no 6 stars in V

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (TRANEMing @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 05:14)
I think military chasing few guys around the city is going too far in real life...like while searching for the bomber of Boston, they just sent out SWAT not the army
..so I think there won't be any soldiers invloving the wanted system....and maybe that's the reason why there's no 6 stars in V

I didn't know GTA V was real life.

I really hope the military comes back or atleast the SWAT will use an APC/Tank.

stranger44
  • stranger44

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Yeah but IRL one guy never took down a ton of cops, SWAT team members and FBI agents. I could totally do that in the game! And I'd want the appropriate military response. Because it that situation, it IS realistic. And fun.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Who cares if it isn't realistic. I want to feel like a bad ass killing soldiers. I didn't have that feeling in IV. I sorta had that feeling in RDR with the Mexican Army and the Blackwater Cops.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

If that preview is to be believed, it is most likely because they have been moving their wanted level down in recent games, in IV wanted level 5 and 6 was mostly the same, and in TBoGT they moved the drive-by cops to 4 stars from 5, and in GTA Chinatown Wars, while they had brought back the Army, they also made the NOoSE come at 3 stars instead of 4, so there was still a redundant wanted level, they must have felt 6 stars wasn't really needed. So my guess for V is:

1* - Cops try to tackle and arrest the player, use nightsticks to beat you up if you resist, if you pull out a gun they will pull out theirs and try to arrest you with them.
2* - Cops shoot on sight + Shotgun cops.
3* - SWAT (or whatever it is R* decides to name them) + Choppers + Roadblocks + K9 Units
4* - FIB + Drive-by cops
5* - Army

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users