[ASK] about Physic engine into SA

6 replies to this topic
Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi Guys, how do you do, now?

I did like to discuss about Physic engine. That's cool if we have more Realistic Experience by Playing GTA:SA because this game have feature who can't found in other game.

Like Max Payne 2. That's game have Free fall animation and many Physic effect in any object, like weapons, Rock, wall, box.. one of my friends told me Max Payne 2 using same Renderware Game Engine. If true, Can we modification SA to add better Physic Engine? Like in Left 4 Dead, they can maiming bodies, or Stumps.. tounge.gif

anyone interested for this? but I must Learn more, because I've never had to modify this.
and I have Problem to modify Ped.ifp by Kam's script.. when I open, my 3DsMAX always Crash.. sad.gif

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

/pol/itician and /b/ro from 8chan

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Actually Max Payne 2 uses the Havoc Engine for physics effects, plus it uses the Max-FX 2.0 instead of RenderWare in the PC version. RenderWare is only used on the PS2 and XBOX version. So it's impossible to port the physics engine into SA.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

The closest thing we have is Ryosuke839's ragdoll plugin.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Gian_Yagami, 12 May 2013 - 06:44 AM.

QUOTE (Danikov @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 11:17)
The closest thing we have is Ryosuke839's ragdoll plugin.

I ever download ragdoll animation, but not really true freefall..

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions Posted on Thursday @ May 9 2013, 08:04)
   Actually Max Payne 2 uses the Havoc Engine for physics effects, plus it uses the Max-FX 2.0 instead of RenderWare in the PC version. RenderWare is only used on the PS2 and XBOX version. So it's impossible to port the physics engine into SA.

if SA don't have Physic engine, why Object like box can rotate, have Gravity, and have Collision detection? maybe not Advanced Physic engine

BlackerHawk
  • BlackerHawk

Mad Butcher/Scientist

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm sure of the game does not uses an advanced physics engine, just look the values for objects mass, so i think... we can make an enhacement, using cleo, .asi, edit gatasa.exe or wherever the "physics engine" is icon14.gif .

Xyn
  • Xyn

愁い

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Gian_Yagami @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 17:54)

if SA don't have Physic engine, why Object like box can rotate, have Gravity, and have Collision detection? maybe not Advanced Physic engine

It's not a real physics engine. objects can be moved to an extent but it's not like the MaxFX 2.0 (havok) or Source (modified Havok) engine at all. Seeing as SA was primarily developed for the PS2, it probably wouldn't handle it.

As someone said, Ryosuke's option is the best you have. Take it or leave it.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:58 AM Edited by Gian_Yagami, 22 May 2013 - 09:12 AM.

QUOTE (BlackerHawk @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 23:59)
I'm sure of the game does not uses an advanced physics engine, just look the values for objects mass, so i think... we can make an enhacement, using cleo, .asi, edit gatasa.exe or wherever the "physics engine" is  icon14.gif   .

I want, but I dont know how to start
QUOTE (Xyn @ Monday, May 20 2013, 03:25)

It's not a real physics engine. objects can be moved to an extent but it's not like the MaxFX 2.0 (havok) or Source (modified Havok) engine at all. Seeing as SA was primarily developed for the PS2, it probably wouldn't handle it.

As someone said, Ryosuke's option is the best you have. Take it or leave it.

all of GTA era III (except Advanced) using Renderware for PC. Written here: http://gta.wikia.com/RenderWare
I Try Ryosuke Ragdoll plugin latest version, that's good but makes CPU lag so, I Remove it. And I have some bug in that Plugin
Yesterday, I am contact Ryosuke by Twitter for Bug but he's not care for me
I've asked him if he did not improve, I will make it. And request the Source code, and He's not care for me too

I want to Buy Havok Product, but I don't have time for Working and I am not an expert for Scripting. I must learn more.. maybe I could just rely on Ryosuke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users