Photo

How are you finals going?

26 replies to this topic
Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Just want to see how the students of GTA forums are getting on in their final exams this year.

Has the study or lack of study been difficult?

Are you prepared or screwed?

Are you nervous?

Also, what subjects/courses do you do?

BTW,I've an exam in 2 hours on Management Accounting. Been flat out studying since 8am GMT! I'm exhausted! sleepy.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Finished my finals on the 23rd of April. Guess what I've been doing lately? Gym, looking for jobs and GTA. Life is great.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Schools for fools.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 12:59)
Just want to see how the students of GTA forums are getting on in their final exams this year.

Are you nervous?

BTW,I've an exam in 2 hours on Management Accounting. Been flat out studying since 8am GMT! I'm exhausted! sleepy.gif

Study has been more than difficult. I passed all my exams last semester without any problems, but this semester is one month shorter than the first semester and everything is so close together. I barely keep up with all of the work. I am prepared. I was prepared for every exam this semester, but I guess it wasn't enough since I got a couple of very bad results and I'll be struggling with those subjects until the end. And yes, that makes me nervous. I go to Business and Tourism Management college and I have an exam tomorrow afternoon which will decide if I'm going to pass the subject or if I'm gonna have to take the summer exams. Keep fingers crossed, guys.

Also, I'm curious about something. Do any of you get that feeling that sometimes the more you try, the worse the results of your exams get? That's how I feel right now.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 01:07)
Schools for fools.

That's what a fool would say. moto_whistle.gif

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I purposefully chose my uni modules so that I wouldn't have any exams at the end of the year. All essays baby! Virtually finished them all as well, so I can relax, sit back, and masturbate myself silly.

Now, where did I leave that lube...

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Have three exams starting on Friday then finishing a week later. I just have to study my Maths, go over my Software Development and I should be fine. More worried about my Systems Analysis module, sh*t puts me to sleep.

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

I just finished up the last of my finals at university yesterday. On May 2nd I had a Biochemistry final, May 6th, a Molecular Biology/Genomics final, and yesterday, a Microbiology final. All I can say is, it feels good waking up at 10:30 a.m. again. sleepy.gif Man, I must have consumed 3 full pots of coffee per day studying for those bastards. Just one more semester to go though and I'll be out looking for a career in either a clinical research lab or perhaps a lab close by that is just starting up performing research in Mycology(fungi and molds).

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Only 2 exams for me this year, it's my last year of high school and i already got an unconditional for college so I'm not really that stressed out, I don't have my first exam for about 2 and a half weeks and all I've really been doing for the past week is going to parties where basically my whole year has been there. So it just kind of feels like I'm on holiday until september.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Kinda nervous. sad.gif

Have to get my Social studies grade up by the 17th, I have like 10-12 assignments to do, because I am behind abit. confused.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm finishing my thesis the next two weeks, so I don't have any finals really tounge.gif

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

First two on the sixth of June. It's get top grades and go to one of the best universities in the UK, or f*ck it up, join the army and regret forsaking a relationship with a great girl.

I'm making damn sure the former is what comes to pass.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Mine start in June. F*ck me this semester has gone fast. I've been preparing, but it's still quite hard juggling between other stuff that needs doing.

Only 3 exams thank god.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

My finals are in about mid June, so I've still got another solid month of school. I don't think I'll be too prepared for my exams, tbh -- I never really am.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Not ready for Biology final at all.

Prepared for Algebra final.

History final will be VERY easy.

If things go well, I should be exempt from English final.

No other classes that have finals.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

That's a tasty looking llama you have there...

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

(High School Student)

I'm looking forward to getting out of here, only one more year of this after that, and then I'm free to study what I want to. Lots of teachers like to base their finals on easy crap (In US History we had a state-required End-Of-Course exam, so we're studying the history of various sports and doing a final on that), so I'm not too worried. The only one I'm going to have to study for is Spanish, the teacher's got 120 (randomly chosen) vocabulary words and 16 grammar rules that we're being tested on, but I do commend him for actually putting effort into his final.

Chemistry and Algebra II are going to be easy because I payed attention to the material. English and Art are easy classes, and I suspect the finals are going to be vocabulary and a composition (essay and drawing respectively). So nope, not really worried at all.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 16:14)
Kinda nervous. sad.gif

Have to get my Social studies grade up by the 17th, I have like 10-12 assignments to do, because I am behind abit. confused.gif

Doing 10 assignments in my Social studies a day, by Friday I will be caught up. biggrin.gif

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Only 4 classes this semester:
PLSC 101: International Affairs
Sci 105: Physics
IFMG 475: Project Management and Implementation (Software development management)
MGMT 495: Business Policy and Strategic Management

Two finals: one in Physics which will be incredibly easy and one in Poly-sci which will be pretty easy as well. The other two classes have projects as finals.

I should be cruising to a 4.0 semester and my 7th semester out of 8 on the Dean's list.
Once next week is done college is all over... strange to think about.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by Mr.Mister, 09 May 2013 - 05:45 PM.

I think I did great on my Business and English 101 exams. I bombed my Microecon exam (mainly didnt study, never got homework, too focused on my other projects), going to retake it in the fall. I'll also be taking an intro stats and calculus class. A year from now I should have enough credits (hopefully a good GPA too) to transfer into this business school. Its a top 50 one.

Was never good at math, I guess its time to face my inner demon and slay it

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:40)
I think I did great on my Business and English 101 exams. I bombed my Microecon exam (mainly didnt study, never got homework, too focused on my other projects), going to retake it in the fall. I'll also be taking an intro stats and calculus class. A year from now I should have enough credits (hopefully a good GPA too) to transfer into this business school. Its a top 50 one.

Was never good at math, I guess its time to face my inner demon and slay it

Calculus and stats are definitely worth it mate.

You can't beat Khan Academy for an introduction to the calculus and probability.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 12:59)

Are you nervous?

Are you in NCI?

Anyways, mine aren't going too well now. One down, three more to go.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm coming towards the end of my first year at university and I've got three exams. I have my first tomorrow, where I have to write two essays in two hours, but the good thing is I can write the same essay (albeit more succinct) that I had done earlier in the module for one essay, and I'm confident about the other question that I've picked to do. My final two exams are on the 23rd/24th, so from tomorrow onwards I'll be re-reading my notes and the books (I'm doing English Lit.) for the next two weeks.

That's my plan anyway and, knowing the whole 40% mantra that me and many other freshers have lived under, it might not go exactly to plan.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILLuhjee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

sh*t sucks.

I did pretty well I think, but finals take a massive toll on my physical stamina and energy level. I literally cannot think of any other situation I will face in my entire lifetime that is as stressful as finals ... except maybe death.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

My exams got over last month on 15. smile.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

So far they are going better than I initially thought, next week I will have some more difficult exams, though. I'm taking it calmly, unlike the previous year so I feel better and less stressed. This year in studying much more than the last year - note: the last year I didn't almost study lol- and taking pills in order to concetrate better...

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 10 May 2013 - 07:23 PM.

This month is the probably worst one of the whole year, especially the last 10 days of it. I have a test in physics of the field on May 21st, a test in mechanical engineering on May 24th, a test in basics of electrical engineering on May 27th and a test in design practise on May 31st. No of them is easy in any way and I will have to start to learn earlier than I usually do or else, I won't be able to get positive grades. I will have to lean a lot for them, and I'm a bit nervous to be honest.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm defending my M.Sc. thesis in two weeks.

Ask me how it's going then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users