Photo

Vice Cry 1.7 (with patches) won't let me play gta

4 replies to this topic
jamescxc
  • jamescxc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

I bought gta vc on steam a few weeks ago.

I played a good chunk of it on windows 7 64xbit no problems what so ever (didn't need to run in comp mode 95 or in 256 colors/different resolution...etc), but i was getting turned off by the really sh*tty/pixelated graphics. it sucks because i love the game. so after a while I decided to hunt for mods and came up with the vice city hd mod/rage mod. I figured out the rage mod was for gta 4, and couldn't really find the vice city hd mode, so i settled on vice cry 1.7 (with the two patches). it looks amazing.

sadly after downloaded the three files, and installing them, gta vc wouldn't start, it got stuck half way in the loading screen and then gave a c0000005 004404xxx error, can't remember the specific second set of numbers but it had 2-3 four's in it. I did a complete re-install on steam (i'm sure it would have worked after the re-install as it had worked before), but I didn't test it. I tried installing gta vice cry mod once again. the 1.7 version of it along with the two patches. I installed them here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto Vice City because I have steam.

Now every time I run the game, it gives me an c0000005 006f5330 error and won't even make it to the opening screen.

i've tried the following:
-disabled UAC
-run in compatibility mode
-with admin privileges
-in 256 color
-in 640x480 resolution
-added data prevention for gta-vc
-deleted folder gta user files (and back up'd my old saves).
(made sure to restart computer multiply times).

i'm almost fed up and want to delete the game, but i really want to play gta vc with the 1.7 vice cry mod. i can't stand the pixelated graphics.

is anyone capable of instructing me what to do next?
i'm nearly at my wit's end sad.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

The ONLY way you'll be able to play the game with mods is to get the Retail(CD) version-the Steam version is NOT moddable. So, you will have to stick with the un-modded game if you want to use the Steam version. The Retail(CD) version is still sold in stores AND their on-line couterparts, and is dirt cheap, so that is a cheap alternative if you wish to use mods.

jamescxc
  • jamescxc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

the steam version is mod-able though...i've done it fine with other mods. you just open up common folder under steam apps and there are the files, then put steam into offline mode. so it doesn't update the files in any way.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (jamescxc @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 23:17)
the steam version is mod-able though...i've done it fine with other mods. you just open up common folder under steam apps and there are the files, then put steam into offline mode. so it doesn't update the files in any way.

But it's not compatible with most of asi/cleo mods. I made a downgrader recently, which can turn any steam gta to retail 1.0.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 16:23)
The ONLY way you'll be able to play the game with mods is to get the Retail(CD) version-the Steam version is NOT moddable. So, you will have to stick with the un-modded game if you want to use the Steam version. The Retail(CD) version is still sold in stores AND their on-line couterparts, and is dirt cheap, so that is a cheap alternative if you wish to use mods.

But the retail version still runs via Steam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users