• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic
baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

http://kotaku.com/as...ubiso-494016846

Patrice Desilets left Ubisoft. They snagged him back. And now he's gone again, Kotaku has learned.

"Unfortunately, since the acquisition, the good faith discussions between Patrice and Ubisoft aimed at aligning Patrice’s and the studio’s visions have been inconclusive. As a result, Patrice has left the studio. Our priorities remain with the teams already hard at work on projects in development. They are at the root of Ubisoft Montréal’s past and future successes.”

IMHO: Good for you Patrice. f*ck those guys. Seriously a sh*tty situation to be put in in the first place, glad he stuck to his principles.

Of course, to be fair, we - or at least I - can't know what precisely has been going on between Ubi and Desilets but even from the outside it's not hard to imagine how things might have gone after the first ACs.

I liked the idea of something positive (imho) being my post #2048, I'm geeky like that. Could have gone into gaming chat but that's mostly for game discussions, not game designers quitting somewhere, please bear with me.

Other opinions, perhaps some Ubisoft fans? lol.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

He designed the first two AC's? So he's responsible for the best two games in the series? And they managed to lose him AGAIN? Losers.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I read your post. I read the article. Maybe Gaming Chat would know why this is newsworthy, but I'm just sitting here picking my nose.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

The gaming chat has this topic. He said that he was terminated.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=555336

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users