Wolfenstein : The New Order

108 replies to this topic
mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I watched the first two levels on youtube and i've decided that i'm going to buy it

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

^ it is well worth it as far as I'm concerned, at chapter 10 now and having fun. By the way, go to sleep, including nightmare in game.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 21 May 2014 - 11:17 PM.

Anyway, I have been really enjoying this game so far. I am watching a walkthrough of the game and I like how they are implementing a human element into this FPS. Most FPS, you are just some mindless drone that just goes on killing spree's. I've only gotten to the third level or so (when you have to protect the grandparents car), but I'm already hoping Anya lives.

Again though, there is a sh*tload of ammo/health/armor to pick up. So much, I'd actually think about playing the game on Uber.

And to the guy who said this game is extremely linear and uploaded that picture... You're an idiot. This game has some exploration in it.

You can play this game on uber because it's not hard at all thanks to the stupid a.i and health and armor packs everywhere.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

So guys is it worth the $60 and incredibly large file size?

How long is it?

I'd rather not read reviews, but get opinions from fellow gamers.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 22 May 2014 - 03:55 PM.

Nvm

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

IGN's review of the game is total BS. They even took off points just because you use a button to pick stuff up in the game and claim it's archaic even though several recent games including Bioshock Infinite use this exact same system.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

So guys is it worth the $60 and incredibly large file size?

How long is it?

I'd rather not read reviews, but get opinions from fellow gamers.

This is what gamefly is for ;)

But nah, just feels like another FPS, definitely worth a rent though but not buy.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Pretty much if your company is not under IGN peoples desks tightening up the bolts, IGN won't give you no love. They have by far the worst reviews I've seen.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

^ it is well worth it as far as I'm concerned, at chapter 10 now and having fun. By the way, go to sleep, including nightmare in game.

Ehh... it's a great game but it felt short. Well, I say short... it was long for a FPS but it was incredibly short for a game that lacks multiplayer. I would have rather had be an open world game with a similar style to Skyrim and Fallout so the game would have been longer.

One thing that kinda annoyed me though...

It's not really a spoiler but just in case...

Spoiler

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

I like the length if there will be dlc later. It would have been nice if they would of had mp but sp only is okay with me. 16 chapters with a good bit of collectables to find. Not like Thief or anything to that extent of the amount of collectables but enough. They have some easter eggs too. My opinion it puts ghosts and bf4 sp to shame. Those sp were okay but not like this. I have to give it a 9/10. If its long enough counting dlc, I give it better.

Anyone know on chapter 5 when you can throw knives at the dart board, if it does anything special? I did a bunch of combinations on the board itself along with throwing them at different things but nothing. I don't think its a collectable but I could be wrong. I know its close to the bed that has you know what in it. Just don't wanna spoil anything for anyone but you probably already know anyway. Not sure if it's linked maybe.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

I like the length if there will be dlc later. It would have been nice if they would of had mp but sp only is okay with me. 16 chapters with a good bit of collectables to find. Not like Thief or anything to that extent of the amount of collectables but enough. They have some easter eggs too. My opinion it puts ghosts and bf4 sp to shame. Those sp were okay but not like this. I have to give it a 9/10. If its long enough counting dlc, I give it better.

Anyone know on chapter 5 when you can throw knives at the dart board, if it does anything special? I did a bunch of combinations on the board itself along with throwing them at different things but nothing. I don't think its a collectable but I could be wrong. I know its close to the bed that has you know what in it. Just don't wanna spoil anything for anyone but you probably already know anyway. Not sure if it's linked maybe.

Sure the stories are bad but you're comparing Wolfensteins story against two FPS that focus on multiplayer. It's kinda obvious that a FPS without multiplayer is going to have a better story than CoD or Battlefield.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't know how I feel about the ending... It sorta is open ended and leaves room for the sequel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this game sells well.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

More on a second thought, this game deserves an addition to the collection even for the sake of old school wolfenstein nostalgia, but improved a bit with good story and of course graphics.
I wasn't excited initially, but if Watch Dogs turns out sh*t, then this game will be nice start to get over my disappointment incl. Tropico 5.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think it's lenght was okay. Even it's intro took 3 episodes.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 26 May 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Wow the whole game on uber is easy except the end boss. It took me about 20 attempts to beat that son of a bitch. I'm glad you can collect the rest of the collectibles after you beat the story without playing the whole game again.

This game is just awesome. Best sp fps in years.
  • trip and esmittystud101 like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

I agree Dutch Psycho, great game.

:-) I play almost all of these cinematic FPS games on easy anyway.

My one complaint is the transitions between cut scenes and action could be a bit jarring.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Very cool game.

If I can compare the experience, I'd say its very on par with Half-Life 2. Good story elements combined with diverse gameplay elements.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by CCPD, 07 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Finally downloaded 40GB and the shiny textures really reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever. I actually liked DNF, and still think it wasn't as bad as some pigs say. I heard that game's size is so big because of language pack. If that's true, is there a way to reduce the 40GB by deleting unnecessary languages?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Currently downloading it... 10GB to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users