Photo

GTA Evil Dead

5 replies to this topic
kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yo guys. I just released my Evil Dead mod on gtagarage that I've been working on. It's pretty fun to play actually. There's a new map portion with the creepy cabin Ash as a playable character, new weapons and animations and deadites complete with sounds and Ash's car. There's even a script that plays the creepy radio in the cabin thanks to SilentPL. Anyways it's the first version and I had to use DYOM cuz I'm no coder. If anyone would like to help me out with coding that'd be just fine. Hope you guys like it.

Quantum Man
  • Quantum Man

I am the Super Satan. I am the racing hate. 666 my license plate

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Looks great. I'll give it a try. How nice it was to find this, since I just installed SA again for the first time in a while.

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Excellent! Let me know what you think please. I could have spent more time on the missions but there's not much content to work with yet.

Quantum Man
  • Quantum Man

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hmm, looks like SAMI isn't agreeing with my Steam version of SA. I'll have to figure that out as well as this CLEO business. I haven't been around here for ages...

This is one of my favourite series, so I'm pretty hyped to try this out. I'm sure as you add more aspects to the mod there will be more to do. Maybe one day there'll be a full-on Army of Darkness in Los Venturas. heh heh.

Quantum Man
  • Quantum Man

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

I got it all working and played through it!

For what is completed it is very well done. The Ash model and the way the chainsaw attach are essential and enjoyable all on their own. The extra effects like the loading screen, the accurate cabin and the sounds helps make is pretty authentic.

However, the only downfall so far is the shortness and simplicity of the missions, and the deadite fight animations. I know it's a lot to ask to try and make new animations for the possessed guys, but it'd be super cool with more customization. I would love to have it play out more theatrically and with more character interactions. Some higher difficulty and/or more depth to the mission would keep me more enthralled.

I could always Make my Own Mission, but I'm a bit lazy. heh heh.

I was reading on GtaGarage that you were having problems with having him yield a shotgun. I take it you've tried adjusting things in weapons and melee .dat. I guess you could always compromise by making the chainsaw and shotgun usable only one at a time. I think a person can dual wield guns in the game, so maybe there's a way to make the shotgun fire lefty. I haven't messed around too much with that, so I can't say much about it, like if it'd even look good. Maybe a person could make some custom animations to compensate for Ash, if that'd be possible.

Anyway, great work!

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thanks! Yeah as I said the missions could use more work but I only had so many models to work with and such. And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to only shoot lefty and or with gun and saw. But I agree the Ash model and chainsaw with animations alone make it worth it. Plus the flamethrower is fun as hell haha. Yes, not sure what the future holds for this mod but we'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users