Photo

Affirmative Action

122 replies to this topic
KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:29)
QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 03:20)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 21:22)
QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 20:15)
This is why the AA is a load of sh*t.

...because it doesn't cover Australians?

And no, white males aren't statistically less likely to get into college or get a job. In fact, they're statistically more likely, that's why AA exists.

No, I was just asking that out of curiosity about the Australian thing. But my point is, how can a western democracy say that it is an equal society when a black person has the right for a job, even if the white person is better qualified.

And if I remember correctly, Kennedy introduced the AA in 1965. That's nearly 50 years ago. So how could white people still statistically be more likely to get into college, when for nearly 50 years, non-whites have the better chance of getting in?

Because of the fact that people are still racially-biased.

But how is the AA helping that, by basically turning the issue the opposite way? The whole thing needs to be re-thinked, so no white person, no black person, no hispanic person, no male, no female etc. is getting discriminated against for being born how they are.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 21:20)
So how could white people still statistically be more likely to get into college, when for nearly 50 years, non-whites have the better chance of getting in?

They don't have a better chance of getting in. Even with AA, if an employer is down to you and an African-American, statically, you are more likely to be hired.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

they are going back to the jim crow era as a result of all this obama hate. changing up the voting laws now all of a sudden? people of color better get ready and read about the king alfred plan and rex 84

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users