[GTA SA] Adjust current car collision

3 replies to this topic
thaman667
  • thaman667

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hey,

I am not new to the 3D world as I am a freelancer 3D Artist, now to the question.

I wanna make a custom/adjust the collision of the infernus how do I do that? I've seen the "Collision" part in Zmodeler if that's even right but I saw a bunch of balls with different colors and 2 plates bended. (Look at the screen.)
user posted image

thaman667
  • thaman667

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

So no one knows how to edit the collisions of a car in GTA SA?

RanxeroX
  • RanxeroX

Wielding Many Hats

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

That might be because there isn't a simple answer to that question... Have you tried searching this or other forums? Try looking for tutorials on this subject and studying other vehicles also.

I can tell you a couple basics though: The spheres are collision spheres used by the game engine to quickly calculate where the car gets hit and take the appropriate action. It's more efficient to detect whether it's within the radius of a sphere than other methods of the day. Depending on the type of vehicle some also have special significance related to parts of that vehicle. Some are associated with doors and the front windshield, for example.

The planar object is for other in-game objects (player, vehicle, etc.) to be able to properly interact with the top of the vehicle. It allows CJ to be able to jump onto the hood or something to land on the roof, for example.

I should add that the 'shadow' object also seen in the hierarchy of your picture isn't specifically used for collision but it's grouped together with the other types when it comes to import/export and this is where the game expects it to be. In case you don't know, this is a simplified representation of the vehicle used to cast its shadow. It's been ages since I've modded this kind of thing but I remember one important fact about the shadow object - don't exceed 1200 polys or the game will crash when it tries to render the vehicle.

Hope this helped and good luck with your project!

thaman667
  • thaman667

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (RanxeroX @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 05:58)

That might be because there isn't a simple answer to that question... Have you tried searching this or other forums? Try looking for tutorials on this subject and studying other vehicles also.

I can tell you a couple basics though: The spheres are collision spheres used by the game engine to quickly calculate where the car gets hit and take the appropriate action. It's more efficient to detect whether it's within the radius of a sphere than other methods of the day. Depending on the type of vehicle some also have special significance related to parts of that vehicle. Some are associated with doors and the front windshield, for example.

The planar object is for other in-game objects (player, vehicle, etc.) to be able to properly interact with the top of the vehicle. It allows CJ to be able to jump onto the hood or something to land on the roof, for example.

I should add that the 'shadow' object also seen in the hierarchy of your picture isn't specifically used for collision but it's grouped together with the other types when it comes to import/export and this is where the game expects it to be. In case you don't know, this is a simplified representation of the vehicle used to cast its shadow. It's been ages since I've modded this kind of thing but I remember one important fact about the shadow object - don't exceed 1200 polys or the game will crash when it tries to render the vehicle.

Hope this helped and good luck with your project!

So in order to make my project work I have to do a lot of testing with adding in more of these spheres?

Thanks for the explanation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users