sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 11:36)
When Femminists say they want "Equal rights" It really means they want rights in favour of themselves.

Your clearly some kind of knuckle-dragging simpleton. That or you have absolutely no understanding to speak of regarding the views possessed by the vast majority of people who think of themselves as Feminists. Militancy exists in all forms of social grouping, and casting the vast majority of people based on a perception of a minuscule minority is utterly idiotic. By that logic, all Muslims are terrorists and all homosexuals paedophiles.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 11:36)
f*ck them, I'd beat the sh*t out of a Femminist if she tries to spout her dogsh*t at me. How's that for equal rights?

Right, because the reasonable, logical and proportional response to someone with a different intellectual viewpoint than yourself engaging with you in a discussion is to lamp them. Your either about 12 trying to sound like a hard man on an internet forum, or an utterly insipid knuckle-dragging, bigoted waste of blood and organs. On the bright side, though, you've left me with the enduring and warming mental image of some oafish, pre-pubescent twat picking a fight with the smallest woman he can find and getting seven bales of sh*t kicked out of him.
  • Davo the Assassin, D- Ice, EphemeralStar and 2 others like this

Belaphron
  • Belaphron

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 10:36)
When Femminists say they want "Equal rights" It really means they want rights in favour of themselves.

f*ck them, I'd beat the sh*t out of a Femminist if she tries to spout her dogsh*t at me. How's that for equal rights?

Beating someone up because of an opinion. Brilliant..
  • EphemeralStar and Webster. like this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Belaphron @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 05:39)

They wanted gender equality no? Men beat each other up all the time over sh*t and it goes unnoticed, But you so much as sneeze in the general direction of a woman, And it's deathrow for you.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 12:50)

They wanted gender equality no? Men beat each other up all the time over sh*t and it goes unnoticed, But you so much as sneeze in the general direction of a woman, And it's deathrow for you.

You must be trolling. No human could be that stupid.
  • Moonshield, D- Ice, Lochie and 1 other like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 21:50)

This point is continually brought up. It's as though you people actually think that, since violence against women is taboo, that women are some dainty, protected entity and wish to remain that way, but seek equality in other areas in order to gain an advantage over men. Is that really what you people are saying? And you manage to think that, type it out, proof read it, hit the reply button and read the responses without going "that's f*cking stupidest thing I've ever heard! Did I really just say that!? Somebody sow my lips shut!"
  • D- Ice likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:21 PM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 25 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Sorry to bump this but I thought it was better than doing a new topic.
Today I found out (pardon my ignorance) that there are women posting pictures in social networks with the hashtag #womenagainstfeminism
Here's a gallery http://www.repubblic...m-92370582/1/#1
I was quite surprised by it.
So what do you think? Is feminism came to an end by the hands of modern women? Did it become simply a form of misandry?
  • D- Ice likes this

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by stu, 25 July 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Edit. err, dunno what I just did. 

• Doc Rikowski likes this

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Beyonce is my view on feminisim watch her music videos and you'll know

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

Ok, I honestly don't know how I posted my previous post or what I did, but I'll take a crack at an actual meaningful one this time.

I think the reason you're getting these women coming out and saying they're against feminism is because it's really not that relevant any more. In the 50's and 60's you could say women were pretty oppressed. You had adverts on TV that portrayed women as nothing more than subservient cock-pleasers who's role was to pop-out and raise some kids, and bring the husband his slippers when he came home from work. Sexism was rife throughut the work place, they definitely didn't have the same opportunities as men, and social attitudes of the time definitely didn't work in their favour.

Things are different now though, I'm not saying it's perfect, but they are way more equal and have it way better. There's not as big a need for feminism in the modern world any more, it's been diminished. There's also a much more negative image of modern day feminism and feminists. Like with a lot of things, it's often the ones that shout loudest that are the ones you notice, and they're the ones that get most attention. And with feminism the ones that shout the loudest just happen to be the total f*cking crazy nut jobs. They have absolutely ridiculous views and say absolutely ridiculous things. It puts people off the whole thing. It's not just the "extreme" ones that put people off though, even the moderate "typical every day" feminist can be at odds with sanity.

As an example: The song by Robin Thicke "Blurred Lines" was banned in numerous places, chiefly under pressure from feminists, because it apparently "encouraged rape" and "sexualised women". There was a group that also tried to get it banned in my university and it's nightclub, thankfully they failed though. The whole campaign was total bullsh*t, it didn't promote rape at all and whilst the video may have sexualised women, about 99% of music videos f*cking do that. It was just ridiculous and created an issue where there wasn't one, which modern feminism as a whole does seem to have a tendency to do. 

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by RiaJay21, 25 July 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Feminism ... oh, wow, where to begin.

To me, the word 'feminism' seems to mean different things to different people. I mean, plenty of people equate it to the 'man-hating feminazi'. In some instances, I've felt like admitting to being a feminist (regardless of whether or not I am a feminist) was a bad thing, because people would instantly assume that's a part of who I am, and what I stand for, and it couldn't be further from the truth. So yes, I'm all for equal rights. And when I say equal rights, I mean 'equal', not that I should be at an advantage because I'm a woman. But, I'm often somewhat loathe to actually use the term 'feminist', because for some people, that's a negative thing. It equates to the radical views, which I don't myself agree with, but apparently, if I claimed to be a feminist, in some way, I would be. 

Look, I consider myself a capable, independent woman. I can support myself, I'm happy with my life and my career. I'm ambivalent towards 'having a man in my life' not because I hate men, but just because I feel secure enough in myself, now, that either option is fine for me. Whether I'm in a relationship or not, whether I get married or not, whatever. And it's not that I don't come across some small forms of gender bias in my day to day life; there are customers who refuse to accept that my place of work has a female manager, and largely female staff, and as ever, I run into the 'you're a girl who plays video games' (imagine that the place I live in is about a decade behind the times, okay?), and of course, the guy who assumed that since I'm single, I must be a lesbian, but it doesn't bother me because those things don't define who I am as a person. The fact that I'm a woman doesn't define who I am as a person, and I'm of the opinion that this is the way it should be. I also encounter, from my family, the age old 'you'll want to get married and have kids soon.' I'm 22. What if I don't? Should it really matter that I might never get married or start a family? No. I should have the right to choose what I feel is best for me, and again, my gender shouldn't define that for me. Just because I'm female doesn't mean that one day I'll wake up and suddenly want to walk down the aisle with the first stranger I meet and pop out a few kids. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. At this point, I do not want that for myself. I shouldn't be made to feel as though I'll have to want it, though.

And at the end of the day, to me, that's what feminism is about. What gender equality is about. Having the right to make your own decisions and choose your own path without fear of being judged by society for it because it doesn't tie in with certain conventions and expectations. It's what any kind of equality should be about. 

So, when it comes to women being 'against' feminism, I don't think it's necessarily that they're opposed to the idea. But maybe they're opposed to the idea of what feminism has come to be known as, rather than what it is at its core; perhaps they, too, feel that feminists hate men and want to be put on some kind of a pedestal, simply for being a woman. Or, indeed, maybe they feel as though it's just unnecessary. I think to a large degree, it is unnecessary. It's just that my family are somewhat ... too 'traditional' for their own good. 

• Davo the Assassin, Doc Rikowski, Hecate and 4 others like this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Well, sh*t, that's the clearest thing someone posted here in a f*cking year.

• RiaJay21 likes this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

Woah. Super intellectuals ITT. My view on feminism is that it's purely satanic. I believe men & women should have equal rights, but feminism takes that to a whole nother' level.

Essentially giving women an advantage over men because of how we're genetically different from them? Huh? That's just ridiculous.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Æon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Woah. Super intellectuals ITT. My view on feminism is that it's purely satanic.

head+desk.gif

• Davo the Assassin and Melchior like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Woah. Super intellectuals ITT. My view on feminism is that it's purely satanic. I believe men & women should have equal rights, but feminism takes that to a whole nother' level.

Essentially giving women an advantage over men because of how we're genetically different from them? Huh? That's just ridiculous.

Well I mean the whole point of feminism was equal rights, but okay. In any case, women are not been 'given an advantage over men' and if you don't understand the point of social systems protecting women in certain situations then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Hecate, make total destroy and EphemeralStar like this

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Feminism seems to be a big deal. I was surprised to see parking spots for women only a month ago for the first time in my entire life.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Feminism seems to be a big deal. I was surprised to see parking spots for women only a month ago for the first time in my entire life.

What? You have got to be sh*tting me.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by Judicious 7, 27 July 2014 - 01:24 PM.

@ Myron
Well I mean the whole point of feminism was equal rights, but okay. In any case, women are not been 'given an advantage over men' and if you don't understand the point of social systems protecting women in certain situations then I don't know what to tell you.[/quote]

Well, if the whole point was equal rights in the first place, then what is the fuss about? I'm all for equal rights, but feminism mucks that up. There's something extremely wrong with it. Rights protecting women sounds dandy on paper but in real life, it tends to go awry.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:46 PM Edited by Stephan90, 27 July 2014 - 12:48 PM.

What? You have got to be sh*tting me.

Yes it was on a highway (Autobahn) rest area in southern Germany. There were a couple of parking spots directly in front of the shop/restaurant that were only for women. They were also a bit larger than the other parking spaces. Actually, that doesn't really bother me.

What really bothers me, are the female quotas for leading positions in companies, which left wing parties want to introduce. These quotas would be discrimination of men by law. But there are also many woman that don't want to get those jobs because of quotas.

• A J likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by lil weasel, 28 July 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Feminism? Like it in Women, not so much in men...

Women once considered by the "civilized" world as pure, innocent, and weak thus protected beyond the need in this modern world.
I remember when Texas did not allow women to Own Property.
We do have the women ruining the economy by pushing Prohibition.
There are many men who are just as happy to go along with them, just to be different.
Women's Rights? Much the same as Negro Rights.
The ability to live and work without artificial restrictions.
Societal over compensation for true and perceived wrongs always causes more problems than it corrects.
How about the Government establishing a wage scale to correct the imbalance of labour income? Of course people earning minimum wage is paid to all, except servers.
The right to make decisions on procreative results, does that belong to the courts, the medics, church, or heaven forbid the woman's own beliefs and circumstance?

And then, there is the special statutory differences in areas like Utah. A state that seems to have particularly odd Social laws likely due to the Religious in that community.
As far as the inequality under the law for violence isn't that due to the years of misconception regarding the abilities of women to commit crimes, and especially the violence prone girls of todays society. Since you cannot hit them they feel empowered.

So, a review of laws and social mores would be in order.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, May 6 2013, 17:23) QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 14:16) QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, May 6 2013, 20:45) The plight of the white male, am I right fellas?
Although I sense sarcasm in this contribution, it is still fundamentally, and unfortunately, a pretty accurate reality faced in most present era western society.
Bullsh*t. That's a loser anthem if I've ever heard one. Probably more apropros for the "quite whining about your life thread," but white males are still, by far, the luckiest f*cks this side of the welfare line.
Gag me with a spoon, right?

QUOTE Men are slowly becoming second-rate citizens and we are allowing it to happen. This phaggotry must be stopped, every white knight must be called out and every feminist you see needs to be reminded of these facts. Don't let this mentality become a norm. Stop feminism NOW!

Sounds like a whiny beta if I've ever heard one. The same type of sniveling prick that gets "friendzoned" and complains about "girls being whores."

You hit the nail on the head there.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

I'm an equalist. Men and women should have equal rights, equal pay, equal legal representation, etc. But government should stay out of female reproductive rights.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Blame history. There's damn good reasons a lot of them are feminists.

What I do not support though is feminism while also blaming everything on men and defending their views with a superiority complex. Do not blame modern men. Blame organizations, especially the media for casting inaccurate views of women.

Under the floor so to speak, women are still being treated unfairly.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Because God forbid women ever have the advantage over men in any shape, way or form !  :rol:

• Davo the Assassin and Hecate like this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yes it was on a highway (Autobahn) rest area in southern Germany. There were a couple of parking spots directly in front of the shop/restaurant that were only for women. They were also a bit larger than the other parking spaces. Actually, that doesn't really bother me.

So what happens if a man parks in one of these spots?

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

So what happens if a man parks in one of these spots?

Then the owner will probably turn you into a woman. To be honest, I don't know.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Because God forbid women ever have the advantage over men in any shape, way or form !  :rol:

Yes indeed. Why in the world would one gender have an advantage over another? That's not right.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Boobies rule the world!
  • Melchior, gunziness, sivispacem and 1 other like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Well, if the whole point was equal rights in the first place, then what is the fuss about?

The fact women don't really have equal rights? They still yet paid less than men even in the same roles, are subject to the lion's share of sexism and sexual harassment, are under-represented in senior roles. They might legally have equal rights but they certainly don't societally.
  • Apex Predator, Mr. House, EphemeralStar and 1 other like this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I've had 6 jobs and woman have been payed the same as me for the same job. what jobs pay woman less?

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

I'm all for women's rights, it's just a shame that these stupid tumblr feminists have clouded so many people's opinions on feminism. Just look at jackasses like TheAmazingAtheist and you'll see what I mean.

To this day, there is still a gap in salaries between male and female college professors with the latter earning slightly less. I wouldn't be surprised if this applied to other career fields as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users