Photo

What's your view on feminism?

726 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 08:26)
Now, now, come on dude.

We know it's quite depressing for you to not able to get vasectomy anymore, but let it go.

The gist of that particular post was to imply that more money & research is devoted to contraception options for the female and not the male. I feel as though it sets a sexist precedent that it's solely the womans responsibility.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by Typhus, 08 May 2013 - 09:40 AM.

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:05)
Take it away, TJ.

Are you sure you want to take advice about women from a man who shoves fruit up his anus for sexual gratification?
I always knew "TJ" was an unpleasant, closeted bigot - but I must confess to some shock when it emerged that he was also a sexual deviant.

But, his fruit-fetish aside, let's look at what else this man has said, shall we? Have a look at this charming comment he made to a rape victim:

QUOTE (TheAmazingBananaF*cker)
Yeah. Well, you deserved it. So, f*ck you. I hope it happens again soon. I'm tired of being treated like sh*t by you mean little c*nts and then you using your rape as an excuse. f*ck you. I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you f*cking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow. Actually, I don't believe you were ever raped! What man would be tasteless enough to stick his dick into a human cesspool like you? Nice gif of a turd going into my mouth. Is that kind of like the way that rapists dick went in your pussy? Or did he use your asshole? Or was it both? Maybe you should think about it really hard for the next few hours. Relive it as much as possible. You know? Try to recall: was it my pussy or my ass?

Pretty much speaks for itself.
So please don't try to pass him off as being anything other than a misogynistic twat.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Wow, I'm actually quite shocked at the level og bigotry here. I'm gonna make an educated guess and say that all the people insulting women don't actually know/ talk to any real women.
The thing which really disgusts me about this whole situation is how overlooked it is. Women are still treated lie second class citizens in many places around the world. In Africa and Asia rape accepted as the norm, not to mention the unfathomably large sex industry where women, often against their will, are forced into lives of unimaginable cruelty. Yet somehow, no one really seems to care/ know about it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 04:57)
QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 09:41)
Are you f*cking serious saying men aren't smarter and stronger than women which by logic makes them inferior?

Yeah, I'm f*cking serious. Generalizations aside, there are women far smarter than you - probably in a 30' diameter of you right now - and there are many, many ladies who could kick the everliving sh*t out of you.

You want to talk about inferior? Go look in a mirror. Keep your bigotry off our forum, please.

On average men are definitely stronger than women, that's just how it works.

But yeah, I totally agree that this guy is a moron lol.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by rudy., 08 May 2013 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 09:00)
The gist of that particular post was to imply that more money & research is devoted to contraception options for the female and not the male. I feel as though it sets a sexist precedent that it's solely the womans responsibility.

That's because men don't possess the ability to give birth unlike women.

I might be wrong here, but AFAIK the reason why there isn't much research in male contraception is because researchers fear that men might tend to view contraception as a loss of masculinity, and they're more likely not ready to deal with side effects.

That being said, researches are still being done to develop birth control methods for men. One of the latest researches was did back in 2012

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
.....As of 2012 a study conducted on rats found that two 15 minute treatments of ultrasound delivered 2 days apart in a warm salt bath effectively lowered their sperm count to below fertile levels. Further experiments on its effectiveness on humans, the longevity of the results, and its safety have yet to be conducted.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Well...

As I see it, discrimination is a two way street and everybody has their plight.
Using generalizations in regards to equality is inherently idiotic.

Though I hate using youtube videos, I'm going to make an exception for this one:

tl;dr?
Thats just like, your opinion, man...

hl_world
  • hl_world

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Otter)
As for your quote from the US Department of Labor (based on contestable independent private research) that finds ways to attribute "some" of the wage gap: this is nonsense that justifies the persistence of feminism. The average is not where the problems lie - it's the fact that very often men are paid significantly more to do the exact same job as women.

Averages describe the aggregate. They are an effective means to compare sets of data. If the averages balance out then it also means in some cases, women are paid more than men for the same job. It sounds like you're just bitching about exceptions. Well, that's the real world. It's not flat and uniform, it's messy.

QUOTE (Otter)
It's the same ass-backwards thinking that lead people to point out that women score - on average, again - lower on the SATs. Of course they do; they represent a far larger portion of examinees.

So some score higher if numbers by sex are adjusted. What's your problem?

QUOTE (Otter)
Finally, as far as your "equal" comment - no sh*t. I thought there were separate categories because of boobs. Get a grip, man. Physical attributes aside, sex should have no bearing whatsoever on one's rights. So where's your "equality" argument really going? Huh? Do you hold a welterweight fighter in higher regard as a person than a featherweight?

In judicial affairs perhaps they should be equal; the issue is complicated so I do not yet have an opinion on that. I believe our legal systems actually afford them privilege over men. As far as physical equality goes, well, we all need to get real here don't we? If they are physically different, on average, then no one should expect equal opportunity to translate into equal outcome.

QUOTE (Otter)
Why on earth physicality has anything to do with a conversation about equality f*cking goes right over my head. So, please, sigh at me again and give me some insight, would you?

Heh! Your butthurt amuses me. colgate.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm glad you're amusing yourself by thinking you actually get me wound up. You're one of a million idiots out there on the internet - I'm not concerned about changing your backwards opinions but hopefully swaying casual readers who are seeing how stupid these ideas are when they're held up to the light of day.

Averages are bullsh*t. Cavemen lived, on average, 30 years. That's something we hear all the time, right? Ah, but consider the number is only so low because it's vastly skewed by infant death. Averages don't work without proper context and full disclosure. They are incredibly meaningless without transparency and can be used to argue all sorts of asinine things from a supposed position of data-backed authority. And the context is often wholly ignored, if it is even understood fully to begin with.

But finally, you have still failed entirely to explain why physicality plays any role here - outside of physically demanding jobs. I just don't see it.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:30)
Are you sure you want to take advice about women from a man who shoves fruit up his anus for sexual gratification?
I always knew "TJ" was an unpleasant, closeted bigot - but I must confess to some shock when it emerged that he was also a sexual deviant.

But, his fruit-fetish aside, let's look at what else this man has said, shall we? Have a look at this charming comment he made to a rape victim:

QUOTE (TheAmazingBananaF*cker)
Yeah. Well, you deserved it. So, f*ck you. I hope it happens again soon. I'm tired of being treated like sh*t by you mean little c*nts and then you using your rape as an excuse. f*ck you. I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you f*cking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow. Actually, I don't believe you were ever raped! What man would be tasteless enough to stick his dick into a human cesspool like you? Nice gif of a turd going into my mouth. Is that kind of like the way that rapists dick went in your pussy? Or did he use your asshole? Or was it both? Maybe you should think about it really hard for the next few hours. Relive it as much as possible. You know? Try to recall: was it my pussy or my ass?

Pretty much speaks for itself.
So please don't try to pass him off as being anything other than a misogynistic twat.

What does his sexuality have to do with anything? Great, he pleasures himself in ways people find disgusting. That honestly shouldn't discredit what he says unless it's something hypocritical in those regards.
About that comment towards a rape victim: Where did you find that? Was it in a video or a comment over some website? I'm not trying to justify it, because it seems over the line, but what I've been shown is out of context. I've been watching him long enough to know that he wouldn't have gone off without being prompted, even if it was slightly. He wouldn't have gone up to a rape victim and yelled that at her. That being said, can you show me where he said that?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 10:43)
About that comment towards a rape victim: Where did you find that? Was it in a video or a comment over some website? I'm not trying to justify it, because it seems over the line, but what I've been shown is out of context. I've been watching him long enough to know that he wouldn't have gone off without being prompted, even if it was slightly. He wouldn't have gone up to a rape victim and yelled that at her. That being said, can you show me where he said that?

Enjoy:

http://rationalwiki....eAmazingAtheist

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 10:48)
QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 10:43)

Enjoy:

http://rationalwiki....eAmazingAtheist

I looked on that website and after searching through the links (some of which are dysfunctional) at the bottom of the page and noticing a screenshot right in front of me, I opened it because the Reddit thing (I think that "thread" is the word) was deleted. He was trying to prove a point to her about "triggers", or something. Yeah, it went over the line, but it looks like there was more to the conversation before he did it. I don't know how reddit works, so I can't look at a point before what's highlighted in the photo.

That wiki page is biased into railing him as a piece of sh*t, too, but it's kind of doing it's job.

Oh, and here's the photo of the reddit thing before it got deleted: http://i.imgur.com/v8q0J.png

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Damn that AmazingAtheist guy sounds like a massive ass. Really disappointing, that video you linked on the earlier page. The girls didn't seem all that bad considering the context, and he just kind of continued to do what many people do that causes women to be that extreme in the first place. Constant undermining and name calling gets us nowhere in things like this, but everyone wants their video to be liked on youtube so they pander to the sidelines rather than discussing something in-depth or actually, like, having any discourse with the people they're supposedly opposing.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Lol at "It was taken out of context" and "there's more to the conversation." He's literally trivialised rape and told a woman he hopes she gets raped again soon... what context could possibly make that understandable?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Feminism should be a good thing but it isn't! It used to be about gaining female rights but now all it is about is lowering men's rights.

Most feminists I know are complete bitches. I know females who don't follow this movement, and are higher in local society. So f*ck feminist logic, suck society's dick, and yes, you will gain authority. Calm down and follow the system like everyone else has to. Just because guys can't hit girls, (which has been quite difficult for me to maintain) it doesn't mean females have no other rights.

There's my well structured rant of the day.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 11:54)
Lol at "It was taken out of context" and "there's more to the conversation." He's literally trivialised rape and told a woman he hopes she gets raped again soon... what context could possibly make that understandable?

What led to her calling him an "enormous sh*thead". He was intentionally pushing her buttons.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 13:34)
. Just because guys can't hit girls, (which has been quite difficult for me to maintain)

please expound on this point, friend-o.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 08:00)
. Just because guys can't hit girls, (which has been quite difficult for me to maintain)

It's not easy being friend-zoned.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:06)

This.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:06)

This.

Ah crap, we fed the troll.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Feminist movements are different, that's Feminazism OP is talking about. Men can also be feminist, true feminism is true about equal rights, not that bullsh*t.

hl_world
  • hl_world

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Otter)
I'm glad you're amusing yourself by thinking you actually get me wound up.

Hey, that's just how you come across.

QUOTE (Otter)
I'm not concerned about changing your backwards opinions but hopefully swaying casual readers who are seeing how stupid these ideas are when they're held up to the light of day.

That's fine. That's why I'm here too.

QUOTE (Otter)
Averages are bullsh*t. Cavemen lived, on average, 30 years. That's something we hear all the time, right? Ah, but consider the number is only so low because it's vastly skewed by infant death. Averages don't work without proper context and full disclosure.

Granted, averages don't tell the whole story; it really depends on what has been adjusted to derive such values.

QUOTE (Otter)
They are incredibly meaningless without transparency and can be used to argue all sorts of asinine things from a supposed position of data-backed authority. And the context is often wholly ignored, if it is even understood fully to begin with.

So what's your "infant mortality" in regards to the gender pay gap? What rebalances the comparable averages between both sexes?

QUOTE (Otter)
But finally, you have still failed entirely to explain why physicality plays any role here - outside of physically demanding jobs. I just don't see it.

Physicality is just one difference between the sexes albeit a very important one. There is also intelligence and behaviour to consider.

Did you know that standards are actually lowered for women who want to work in the same professions as men? What is your opinion on that? BTW it's true so don't even try to deny it.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (hl_world @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 00:49)
Did you know that standards are actually lowered for women who want to work in the same professions as men?

Nice sweeping generalisation there. The standards in my industry are exactly the same for men and women, as are they in almost every other industry.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Well...

To be honest, I don't think it was meant as a generalisation. It's quite obvious that there are fields where standards are the same regardless of race/gender/etc. However, that doesn't really invalidate his claim that differing standards (based on gender) exist. I'm not one to say whether thats good or bad though. I can see cases where it would be bad, but also cases where it would be better.

hl_world
  • hl_world

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem)
Nice sweeping generalisation there. The standards in my industry are exactly the same for men and women, as are they in almost every other industry.

Okay, I'll admit generalisation. Now what are your opinions about the lowered standards for women where it applies?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (hl_world @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 17:49)
QUOTE (sivispacem)

Okay, I'll admit generalisation. Now what are your opinions about the lowered standards for women where it applies?

I can think of, maybe, two cases. You have any specifics in mind?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (hl_world @ Friday, May 10 2013, 02:49)
QUOTE (sivispacem)

Care to provide a specific example to which I can respond? Your generalisation isn't hugely helpful in discourse, given that there are numerous reasons for reducing requirements for roles in specific cases if candidates demonstrate useful skills in other areas or high levels of experience in particular areas of a role which aren't necessary primary to the job description but otherwise are potentially useful, for instance?

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:05)
Take it away, TJ.

Be honest, though. I know you'd hit that if they let you.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by Danz., 10 May 2013 - 11:18 PM.

I don't quite get what feminists want. Equal rights for both women and men, or an advantage over the opposite sex?

Also, I don't know where the hell the OP of this thread got these ideas and informations, but some seem pretty messed up and completely wrong to even consider them in the future. Such as this one:

QUOTE (Nori Yaro)
It is legal to circumcise male babies against their will. In some places, laws have been passed which forbid any attempts to make male circumcision illegal. Meanwhile, female circumcision is completely illegal, even though some types of female circumcision are equivalent in harm to male circumcision, and other types (a symbolic prick to draw blood) are non-harmful.

Oh my gosh! That is probably the most retarded thing I've ever read. Can't you understand why female circumcision is illegal? Because for many girls and women the clitoris is the only part of their body capable of giving them sexual pleasure enough to achieve an orgasm, being it in their own or with their partners. Every individual has the right to experience it and no one should take it away from you, disregarding some idiotic dogmas from certain religions.

Therefore, female circumcision is unethical and must be forbidden for any culture.

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Danz. @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:27)
I don't quite get what feminists want. Equal rights for both women and men, or an advantage over the opposite sex?

Also, I don't know where the hell the OP of this thread got these ideas and informations, but some seem pretty messed up and completely wrong to even consider them in the future. Such as this one:

QUOTE (Nori Yaro)
It is legal to circumcise male babies against their will. In some places, laws have been passed which forbid any attempts to make male circumcision illegal. Meanwhile, female circumcision is completely illegal, even though some types of female circumcision are equivalent in harm to male circumcision, and other types (a symbolic prick to draw blood) are non-harmful.

Oh my gosh! That is probably the most retarded thing I've ever read. Can't you understand why female circumcision is illegal? Because for many girls and women the clitoris is the only part of their body capable of giving them sexual pleasure enough to achieve an orgasm, being it in their own or with their partners. Every individual has the right to experience it and no one should take it away from you, disregarding some idiotic dogmas from certain religions.

Therefore, female circumcision is unethical and must be forbidden for any culture.

Indeed. It's the equivalent a sexual lobotomy.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

When Femminists say they want "Equal rights" It really means they want rights in favour of themselves.

f*ck them, I'd beat the sh*t out of a Femminist if she tries to spout her dogsh*t at me. How's that for equal rights?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users