GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

user posted image

The Dislike Topic

Whilst a lot of people, including myself, love 'Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars' there are certain things that can be quite annoying and may ruin the gaming experience.

For me, the fact that you have to wait for you Ammunation delivery is horrible. Especially when you order a gun to use in a mission you want to quickly play. You have to drive away from your safehouse to drive back

Is there anything you dislike about this game?

Feel free to say but please don't reply with posts such as:
'because it is not on PS3 or XBOX'

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

I don't like how easy it is to get caught by police. I also dislike the aiming when shooting.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, May 6 2013, 22:37)
I don't like how easy it is to get caught by police. I also dislike the aiming when shooting.

easy to get caught? meaning they can ram or box you in and its an automatic busted? just curious because im thinking of getting the game for psp.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (pentaxian @ Monday, May 6 2013, 19:02)
QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, May 6 2013, 22:37)

easy to get caught? meaning they can ram or box you in and its an automatic busted? just curious because im thinking of getting the game for psp.

No, not like that. It's just easier than usual to get busted. The storyline of CTW is pretty good, though. I wouldn't let anything stop you from buying the game. There's nothing too horrible that ruins the game.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

The major one, its top down.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 01:01)
The major one, its top down.

This is the main reason why I don't like the game. I hate Top-Down view. It makes me dizzy, and I can't seem to focus on anything. It's not as bad as GTA 1/2's view, though.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

heh. so im not the only one. i thought it was a bit dizzying when i watched a spooks psp gameplay vid of it. confused.gif

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by Waldie, 08 May 2013 - 01:05 AM.

It's been a while since I've played it so I can't really remember that well but I did enjoy the game overall. I liked the story, characters, the fact that it was in IV's Liberty City. I also really liked the drug dealing and although gimmicky, many of the mini games were fun too.

Unfortunately, however, I have to agree that it's biggest problem is the core gameplay due to the top down view. I had the same issue with the pre- III games and I was never that keen on them but it seemed worse somehow on the handhelds. The top down driving is - at best, very difficult and at worst, vomit inducing. I did genuinely find myself feeling a sick while playing it at times and quite often I would opt to just run everywhere rather than drive simply because it was easier to look at as well as play. As I said, I did enjoy a lot of it but after finishing the story, I just have no desire to play it anymore which is unusual for a gta game.

Another thing that disappointed was that they didn't add voice acting to the PSP version. I don't mind reading the subtitles but I just think it would have been better.

Wasn't too fussed about the radio either. Only liked Sinowav and one other.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

The only thing that annoys me is top-down view. I don't have the game but I will be buying it soon.

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

The driving/handling is kinda weird with the auto-align thing, and still with it off too. Pretty much my only complaint, CTW is a great game for what it is.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I had no problem with the top-down view. Wasn't expecting anything to look like GTA3 on a Nintendo DS, but it still managed to be loads of fun.

One thing I didn't like was the absence of voice acting. It's a preference I guess, and it didn't ruin my experience at all--just weird reading GTA dialogue with no one to voice it nowadays. Makes me wish they'd expand on this extremely comical take to GTA. Add fully-animated cutscenes with dialogue, like you're playing an adult swim cartoon or something. I'd love it if they made a little sub-series out of these top-down games, if that makes any sense. Though I'm itching for a new portable GTA in general.

Also, I don't like how you don't get to keep the sword after beating the main storyline. Dumb as hell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users