Photo

Will this pre-order strategy work?

21 replies to this topic
nikobitch
  • nikobitch

The most handsome mafakah!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys! So I have managed to pre-order GTAV for 35 with an online retailer coz that the only cheapest one I found. The problem is that I will get the game on 18th which is a let down really. So I was thinking of buying the game from a local supermarket on 17th midnight release for the full price 40-45 and then when I receive the online pre-order copy, just return it to the store and get a full refund. Thing is im not sure if that will work because I have never tried it before and if anyone has some experience in such stuff previously can you please shed some light?

Also can you guys mention in your posts for how much did you pre-order the game for and from where? Thanks smile.gif

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Pre order for $5

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

You'll need a reciept i guess. But theres lots of ways to get things cheap...illegally tounge.gif

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (HudS @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:48)
You'll need a reciept i guess. But theres lots of ways to get things cheap...illegally tounge.gif

I know but I wanna support Rockstar, they deserve the money.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

If you can afford to buy it on the 17th from the supermarket, would it not just make sense to buy that and keep it? lol I don't see the point in shelling out 75 in that space of time for the same item.

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (nikobitch @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:50)

I didn't mean pirating, i meant SEing or other ways...

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'll just walk into the store the day it's released for PC here in germany and simply pay for it, in cash. If the store is already out on copies I'll just walk into the next one, and the next one after that if I have to. There's a slight excitement to be found in the fact that you can't be certain whether you find the treasure in that one spot or if you have to look through some more caves to find it. If you have patience and stamina, you'll find it though icon14.gif

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (FutoDriver @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:55)
If you can afford to buy it on the 17th from the supermarket, would it not just make sense to buy that and keep it? lol I don't see the point in shelling out 75 in that space of time for the same item.

I can afford 10 games at one time but I love bargains, well who doesn't LOL! but that's not what I was asking for really, I just wanted to know if the store would accept the online copy and offer me a full refund as I will have the receipt. I was just wondering if the retail copy and online copy differ; not in terms of content but the visuals i.e. barcode

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Alot of time with games, dvds, cds, they will NOT allow a return if the package is open, at the point the only option is a same product exchange, which really aint' gunna help you.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

You can take any copy of the game back to the store as long as it's not open you have the receipt and its the same product.

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (krammkracker @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:07)
Alot of time with games, dvds, cds, they will NOT allow a return if the package is open, at the point the only option is a same product exchange, which really aint' gunna help you.

Dude that's pretty obvious really. I wont open the online copy; it will be sealed like a virgin tounge2.gif

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:10)
You can take any copy of the game back to the store as long as it's not open you have the receipt and its the same product.

Are you sure mate? Coz if the barcode on the tesco receipt doesn't match the barcode of the online copy I'm sure they wont accept it. On second thoughts I was wondering, do all the UK copies come through the same supply chain? If they do, all copies should have the same barcode right regardless whether they are bought from a shop or bought online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Matriculated
  • Matriculated

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just get it from Tesco. Is saving 5 really worth all this?

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (nikobitch @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:03)
QUOTE (FutoDriver @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:55)

I can afford 10 games at one time but I love bargains, well who doesn't LOL! but that's not what I was asking for really, I just wanted to know if the store would accept the online copy and offer me a full refund as I will have the receipt. I was just wondering if the retail copy and online copy differ; not in terms of content but the visuals i.e. barcode

Even with a receipt, stores will not accept open software for full refunds. The best you could do is hope there's no barcode or specifics of the product on the receipt... Because otherwise you'd have to open the online one and... Back to the first problem.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

You're British, you don't need to pre-order games.

No, no no no no.

You go to a shop, and if it doesn't have it, there's always another store 5 minutes away which does.

I live near Meadowhall, and there's about 5 shops, just inside that one centre who will be selling it.

There is no way they will all sell out.

I do believe also that Americans in the thread should get out, you can't say that we can't return software because our contries and store policies are completely different.

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (nikobitch @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:46)
Hey guys! So I have managed to pre-order GTAV for 35 with an online retailer coz that the only cheapest one I found. The problem is that I will get the game on 18th which is a let down really. So I was thinking of buying the game from a local supermarket on 17th midnight release for the full price 40-45 and then when I receive the online pre-order copy, just return it to the store and get a full refund. Thing is im not sure if that will work because I have never tried it before and if anyone has some experience in such stuff previously can you please shed some light?

Also can you guys mention in your posts for how much did you pre-order the game for and from where? Thanks smile.gif

By the time you drive to the store and back twice you will have wasted your what little you saved in gas... That said yes it should work fine

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by wwinterj, 06 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

No harm in trying this. Worse comes to worse you can always sell the copy of GTA V you have spare to CEX or something for a good price the first few days it's out but I believe you'll be able to get a refund easy enough or a exchange for another game.

If it was me though I'd just wait. If someone said to me I'll give you 5 to wait a day for a game I'll take it. Even GTA V.

QUOTE (RichyB @ Monday, May 6 2013, 21:05)
I live near Meadowhall, and there's about 5 shops, just inside that one centre who will be selling it.

Small world lol. Live in Sheffield myself.

HowAboutNo
  • HowAboutNo

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Here in australia, our game stores like EB Games offer a 7-day money back guarantee as long as you have the receipt, and the disc isn't scratched or damaged

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Monday, May 6 2013, 20:05)
You're British, you don't need to pre-order games.

No, no no no no.

You go to a shop, and if it doesn't have it, there's always another store 5 minutes away which does.

There is no way they will all sell out.

I do believe also that Americans in the thread should get out, you can't say that we can't return software because our contries and store policies are completely different.

Who the f*ck pissed in your cornflakes, fa**ot?

STOGE
  • STOGE

GTA MASTER

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (nikobitch @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:50)

IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN PRE ORDER FROM THE ROCKSTAR WAREHOUSE

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

You will be able to return a copy for a refund. Check the policy. In the UK if you buy online you have 7 days to return it for your money back since you couldn't possibly inspect it before you bought it.

I have pre ordered online at Amazon and at Tesco. They haven't taken money yet except Tesco took a 5 deposit. I don't know if I'll just get it delivered to my house or pick it up at Tesco. Most likely I'll just get it from Tesco. It adds a bit more excitement when you actually pick it up because you actually have the game in your hands but you need to wait until you get back home before you can play it. Plus, I could buy my drinks/snacks while I'm there.

It's still too early to decide. If I decide to buy the special edition when Rockstar announce it then it will obviously have to be bought online. If not I'll probably pick it up at Tesco.

EDDS
  • EDDS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

To actually answer the OP, YES you can do this.

The barcode will be the same, I've done this before no problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users