Sims 4

384 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

A new gameplay video for The Sims 4 revealed a planned subscription-based service that will give members exclusive items and early access to new content.

The service, which EA is calling The Sims 4 Premium, appears upon entering the gallery, an in-game area that lets players share content with each other. An advertisement pops up at 13:26 in the video below, and reads, "Become a Premium member to get early access to 3 new packs, with exclusive items. Your Sims can throw a spooky costume party, camp in the great outdoors, and toast to the new year in style."

Source

RIP The Sims 4

2014-2014

• android likes this

android
  • android

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Italy
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Why am I not surprised? Just another way they can get money from people.. they deserve the backlash they're going to receive from this.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:53 AM Edited by TheBlackPeterParker., 22 July 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Eh, it's not really that much different from buying packs from the Sims website which was done for 3. 

TBH I would probably subscribe when I get a gaming PC next year.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

it's time like these that I wish the PC gaming community was capable of following through with a boycott.

people will be upset and write nasty emails to EA... and buy the game on release-day.

nothing ever changes.

• android likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

it's time like these that I wish the PC gaming community was capable of following through with a boycott.

people will be upset and write nasty emails to EA... and buy the game on release-day.

nothing ever changes.

Unforuntaely EA and other developers/publishers keep getting away with it because of people like this:

Eh, it's not really that much different from buying packs from the Sims website which was done for 3. 

There's no way this can be okay. They're destroying the Sims the same way they destroyed the Battlefield series.

I'm worried what they'll do to the new Battlefront game. I wouldn't be surprised if that had a premium service too. 

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

nothing ever changes.

Unforuntaely EA and other developers/publishers keep getting away with it because of people like this:

There's no way this can be okay. They're destroying the Sims the same way they destroyed the Battlefield series.

I'm worried what they'll do to the new Battlefront game. I wouldn't be surprised if that had a premium service too. 

For a game like the Sims, it doesn't matter. The Sims 4 is probably going to be the best sims since The Sims 2 (base), plus some of the packs look pretty neat to me.

I'm a huge Sims fan who actually doesn't mind paying for new content since I play the game almost everyday and I'd find it convenient. 

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:05 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 23 July 2014 - 10:05 AM.

The Sims needs a more accessible modding community so that anyone with the game could make their own content for free. The sims 2 had a neat tool for writing careers in SimPE that did most of the work for you. If there were tools like that available now, or modders willing to recreate official content, then EA would have to actually do something neat with their DLC.

And modding sites should throw packs of their community's content together and create their own official non-official "stuff packs." :)

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Source

RIP The Sims 4

2014-2014

I don't think this is as bad as has been made out to be, quite frankly, but it's hard to judge right now. At face value it seems better than the model that was present in Sims 3, but only time will tell.

Infact, the Sims 3 DLC model was the primary reason why I wasn't going to get this. Cutting swimming pools though? ....

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I seriously don't get why people are surprised about this, remember that you're dealing with a company that's started to "test the waters" by charging for videogame demos, not the full game, demos. Jesus Christ, when EA meets its inevitable downfall I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh. 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

And modding sites should throw packs of their community's content together and create their own official non-official "stuff packs." :)

they do.

but a lot of Sim modding sites actually charge money, too...

it's a weird community.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

I seriously don't get why people are surprised about this, remember that you're dealing with a company that's started to "test the waters" by charging for videogame demos, not the full game, demos. Jesus Christ, when EA meets its inevitable downfall I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh. 

When did they do that?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

So this drops tomorrow, digitally, that is. 

9 p.m. for the west coast and midnight for the east coast. 

Guess we'll find out how bad this will be. Or be pleasantly surprised. The former is more likely. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

I'm waiting for reviews. I'm still looking forward to the game, but not sending review copies = not day1 buy for me.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by Audiophile, 01 September 2014 - 12:09 AM.

I don't really care for reviews. Most of the time they are not that accurate anyway.

I pre-ordered the game but mainly for the sake of nostalgia and Sims 2 was great way back then.

We'll see how it goes. I like the new build mode, so I guess there is at least that. 

And since this is Sims, expansions are inevitable. More features to come. 

EDIT: Really digging the gallery feature in this one, by the way. I've seen enough of the game thus far to know that I would at least be content with it for what it is and as expansions are released. Plus Origin has that 24 hour great game guarantee or whatever they call it, so if worse comes to worse..

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

IGN reviews aren't good. But reviews from people like TotalBiscuit. Neutral, in-depth, length, and covers almost everything in a game. It's a fantastic resource.

And he's not the only one. 

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

I might invest in it. Although before I do I need to know 3 things:

What are the cars like?

How can we interact with the cars?

Is the self-woohoo thing true?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

There are no working cars. Yup...no more cars in TheSims

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

There are no working cars. Yup...no more cars in TheSims

That's for a reason though. From what I was told by someone on reddit, cars did some stupid thing where they were never not in use or something, so they were taking up a lot of resources.

A lot of things missing from the Sims 4 are to make it actually playable. Just look at the minimum specs. It's ridiculously low lol.

Other things...Not so much.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Nothing can beat the original.

I remember being 10 or so when it came out and played it nonstop.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

I first played the original when I was a kid and thought it as amazing. But I didn't really get into The Sims until 2 came out. But The Sims 4 just looks like a train wreak. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

http://www.forbes.co...lay-the-sims-4/ not too bad for the requirements.

I remember I got a new pc for sims 2 and it still couldn't play it worth a sh*t lol

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Sims 1 was the best when I was younger. I bought all of them, it was an amazing game even with the lack of features we have all come to expect i.e. aging up, etc. 

Sims 2 was also quite good and the expansions felt like they added something. Sims 3 was just a clusterf*ck massive fail. Had a lot of potential but, of course, EA f*cked it up. Stutters even on a super-PC once you install expansions and despite all those expansions it just feels "empty". I don't have the patience for it because of the stuttering. 

I am hoping that, at the very least, Sims 4 is a good foundation. Expansions are inevitable since it's Sims and they can't get everything into the base game. But there is also a lot missing....

I'm just hoping for a good foundation. They apparently do plan to add pools and the toddler age back in. Pools, I suppose, could be added in a patch if EA aren't complete dickheads. But Toddlers, I am sure, will come in generation-themed expansion. ;)

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

I remember I got a new pc for sims 2 and it still couldn't play it worth a sh*t lol

Looking at some gameplay I thought by the cartoony look of the graphics and the fact it doesn't even look as good as the sims 3 that they had decided to go for low specs in order to maximise the amount of people they can screw for expansions.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Looking at some gameplay I thought by the cartoony look of the graphics and the fact it doesn't even look as good as the sims 3 that they had decided to go for low specs in order to maximise the amount of people they can screw for expansions.

That's looking at it pretty cynically.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

That's looking at it pretty cynically.

I put my EA exec pants on.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I just downloaded and tried the create a sim demo. Not too shabby. I pre ordered it from a CD key website since it was half the price for a code. But yeah, it sucks that its not out for another couple days here in the UK and the fact I can't pre load it haha. But I'm looking forward to it. I just have to remind myself that this is a basic game and that they will resell everything we had in Sims 3 again. But yeah, f*ck shoving my money into EA when more expansions come out ;)

• Audiophile likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

About to boot up the game.

Did VPN and set it to Korea. Booted up Origin, it's letting me play. 

Pretty sure EA doesn't give a sh*t about that. They only care if you try to purchase a game via VPN. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Cool. Keep us posted. TB probably won't have a video out until tomorrow.

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

The Wheelman

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

The "Create A Sim Demo" is pretty cool. But 89 things are missing from the previous Sims games.

106159534291634005560972.jpg

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

That '89 Missing Features' is a pretty stupid and inaccurate list. Some stuff is legitimate, some is not.

Like: No acne. Seriously? That's a 'missing feature'?

Things like that are just dumb. Among other things.

• pajkosinjo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users