Sims 4

435 replies to this topic
I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

The CAS looked great, but other than that it doesn't look much different from Sims 3.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:41)
Is it just me or does the graphics looks worse than Sims 3? dontgetit.gif

I'd say they look about the same.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by W2B, 11 September 2014 - 05:48 AM.

-nvm

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

user posted image

Sims fans:
The Sims 4 Collector’s Edition has just been announced for only $129!
The Sims 4 Collector's Edition contains:
The Sims 4 game
Exclusive Interactive USB Plumbob by SteelSeries
Creator's Guide Hardcover Book
Up All Light Digital Content
Life of the Party Digital Content!!!

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone have any idea what the system requirements for this game might be

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:11)
QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 20:53)
Lol I still play The Sims 2. IMO it's the best one they ever made.

This icon14.gif I lost count on the amount of houses and worlds I built.

Same here smile.gif
I have about 30+ families that I switch between

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I still play Sims 3. However, if its anything like the change from Sims 2 to Sims 3 then all we are going to get is expansion after expansion. Which is fine I guess but I wont be buying them anymore.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

user posted image

Realistic BOOBS! tounge.gif
  • Rewas and DeafMetal like this

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Good stuff. I didn't quite get the "wow factor" I was honestly hoping for, but the gameplay improvements were definitely enough to catch my attention. I really like what they're doing with the Create a Sim aspect. Seems so easy and intuitive to use.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Will it be on consoles?

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:07 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 25 April 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Probably not for a long time.

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

perhaps they will release the game with all the sims 3 expansion packs built into it

lol ya right!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

Maybe they'll try to out do themselves with the DLC for this game this time around.

With each new Sims game they add more and more expansions. I guess with the Sims 5 we'll be seeing 40 expansion packs 

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Maybe they'll try to out do themselves with the DLC for this game this time around.

With each new Sims game they add more and more expansions. I guess with the Sims 5 we'll be seeing 40 expansion packs 

Why don't they just put it all in one game

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Why don't they just put it all in one game

Because it's EA.

And if they do that, they can't milk the next game in the series for expansion packs that just keep adding what was already there in the previous games. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• AhmadJ likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Also the fact that it'd be, like, hundreds of GB's of data, and that not every expansion is made and ready once release hits...

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Yes, that, too. 

But I thought it was stating the obvious. But things like weather, I think they can try to put that in to the base game without having to release a separate expansion pack years down the line.

I think with previous games they had issues getting it work and that's why but I imagine at this point they must have learned, no? 

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

They'll keep things out and then put them in expansion packs its how The Sims work now.

• David. and Cosmic Gypsy like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Yes, that, too. 

But I thought it was stating the obvious. But things like weather, I think they can try to put that in to the base game without having to release a separate expansion pack years down the line.

I think with previous games they had issues getting it work and that's why but I imagine at this point they must have learned, no? 

I agree. They should at least incorporate Pets and Seasons into the main game. They seem more like core gameplay elements than expansions.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

Pets and seasons wouldnt be bad in the expansion, however with these need mood things they are going with on the Sims 4 I'll be surprised if they don't package them as expansions.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Why not combine Pets and Seasons into one expansion pack along with World Adventures/Bon Voyage/Vacation?

Also I'm glad TS4 is coming out. I have like 60GB worth of The Sims 3 memory.

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

They'll keep things out and then put them in expansion packs its how The Sims work now.

You mean this is how EA works right?

EA only survive by making expensive DLCs/expansion packs on every single game. No matter how many times you want two expansion packs in one or all expansion packs in one game, they won't make it, unless AFTER they are done with the game. They even made The Sims 3 store where you PAY to download furniture/buildings/etc. It's ridiculous in my opinion. After they release the Sims 4, they'll wait some months and probably close down the Sims 3 website, like they did with the Sims 2 website, wasting all spent money on sims stuff.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

You mean this is how EA works right?

EA only survive by making expensive DLCs/expansion packs on every single game. No matter how many times you want two expansion packs in one or all expansion packs in one game, they won't make it, unless AFTER they are done with the game. They even made The Sims 3 store where you PAY to download furniture/buildings/etc. It's ridiculous in my opinion. After they release the Sims 4, they'll wait some months and probably close down the Sims 3 website, like they did with the Sims 2 website, wasting all spent money on sims stuff.

You just reminded me why they are voted 'Worst Company in America'

At least you have the option to turn off that store crap in the game. It's ridiculous. It's almost like paying for mods. 

I put the blame on the consumers as well though. They actually allow it to happen by using the store and giving them money.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Rewas like this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Its not hard just to not buy them though considering most of it is sh*t.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 28 April 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Yeah but when it comes to things like weather and animals, those are just things that should be in the base game, especially when pets where established as an expansion pack in The Sims 2, it should have been standard since then.

You can say "It's easy to not buy them" as much as you like, at the end of the day it's also easy for them to stop being greedy money grabbing c*nts, releasing the same sh*t as expansions every time a new Sims game comes out. 

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and RyanBurnsRed like this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Yeah but when it comes to things like weather and animals, those are just things that should be in the base game, especially when pets where established as an expansion pack in The Sims 2, it should have been standard since then.

You can say "It's easy to not buy them" as much as you like, at the end of the day it's also easy for them to stop being greedy money grabbing c*nts, releasing the same sh*t as expansions every time a new Sims game comes out. 

I wasn't talking about that.

I was talking about the fact that the stuff you can buy on the store. You don't have to buy it, since most of it is terrible.

As for the expansion packs. I'll be damn surprised if they include pets and seasons with the base pack Sims 4.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

I really hope they took a good look at the mods released for the Sims 3, to see what the community wants, if you'd have all of that in the Sims 4, I'd be more than happy.

Well and some NORMAL f*ckING PERFORMANCE would be nice, but it's EA, can't expect much.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

and some NORMAL f*ckING PERFORMANCE would be nice, but it's EA, can't expect much.

this is the biggest concern I have.

Sims games are TERRIBLE when it comes to adding expansions to the base game. they do not work together. after you install more than 5-6 expansions in Sims 3, the game essentially becomes unplayable. and it doesn't matter how powerful your computer is. it's just poor implementation.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 30 April 2014 - 02:28 AM.

Some suggestions:

Sims 4: Undersea Adventures - Re-introduces the mermaid life state. Also allows mermaids to live on the beach and visit underwater establishments. The only difference between the mermaid lifestate and sim lifestate is that mermaids have a special interaction with coastal rocks that allow them to sit on them, sing a song, and attract townies to the lot. (Don't mind the excessive amounts of townies, clones that randomly appear around town, and intense game lag, we'll patch that eventually.)

Sims 4: Office place Shenanigans - Adds new, fun interactions to the workplace including "prank boss", "prank co-worker", and "go to work in clown suit." Hysterical!

Sims 4: Juke Joint Jam - Adds the "Juke Bar" business lot, which is a bustling bar with a jukebox! Talk to townies and hold your bladder in this new, spectacular location!

Sims 4: Hiking and Camping Stuff - Wow! New trees and rocks! And a tambourine with an associated tambourine skill!

Sims 4: Jailbird Rock - Focuses on prison life. Prison can be accessed by joining the criminal career and reporting yourself to the authorities. In jail you can eat mush, tap on the cell bars for musical ability and fun, and even form a band with inmates.

:sigh:

I'd like to see them simplify things. Less interface, the option to turn off most unnecessary dialogues, and a less cluttered build/buy-mode would be nice. One specific thing that always really bothered me was that in Sims 2 (maybe sims 3, I didn't do a lot of building in sims 3) when you copied an item it'd switch to a buy mode panel that included every single item, and that was really weird having to switch between the two panels every time I wanted to do a bunch of copying of items. They could have fixed that by having one buy mode panel, even if it was the one that included every item without categories. Switching up to something the player might not be used to in your game is not good game design.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

Some suggestions:

Sims 4: Undersea Adventures - Re-introduces the mermaid life state. Also allows mermaids to live on the beach and visit underwater establishments. The only difference between the mermaid lifestate and sim lifestate is that mermaids have a special interaction with coastal rocks that allow them to sit on them, sing a song, and attract townies to the lot. (Don't mind the excessive amounts of townies, clones that randomly appear around town, and intense game lag, we'll patch that eventually.)

Sims 4: Office place Shenanigans - Adds new, fun interactions to the workplace including "prank boss", "prank co-worker", and "go to work in clown suit." Hysterical!

Sims 4: Juke Joint Jam - Adds the "Juke Bar" business lot, which is a bustling bar with a jukebox! Talk to townies and hold your bladder in this new, spectacular location!

Sims 4: Hiking and Camping Stuff - Wow! New trees and rocks! And a tambourine with an associated tambourine skill!

Sims 4: Jailbird Rock - Focuses on prison life. Prison can be accessed by joining the criminal career and reporting yourself to the authorities. In jail you can eat mush, tap on the cell bars for musical ability and fun, and even form a band with inmates.

:sigh:

I'd like to see them simplify things. Less interface, the option to turn off most unnecessary dialogues, and a less cluttered build/buy-mode would be nice. One specific thing that always really bothered me was that in Sims 2 (maybe sims 3, I didn't do a lot of building in sims 3) when you copied an item it'd switch to a buy mode panel that included every single item, and that was really weird having to switch between the two panels every time I wanted to do a bunch of copying of items. They could have fixed that by having one buy mode panel, even if it was the one that included every item without categories. Switching up to something the player might not be used to in your game is not good game design.

I could see them just adding that Juke Joint Jam expansion just with ONE Business lot and a few items for 30$ 

• a20characterusername likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users