Photo

Sims 4

435 replies to this topic
Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 14:48)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:09)
Xbox?

Please refrain from single word replies or posts, they are categorized as spam. Thanks.

Why only quote me and not VP?

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:52)
Xbox?

Please refrain from single word replies or posts, they are categorized as spam. Thanks.

Because he likes VProductions more.

OT: Not gonna buy the game. I learned that when I bought all expansion packs of The Sims 2. Waste of money tbh. I bet nobody's playing that game anymore.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:55)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:52)
Xbox?

Because he likes VProductions more.

OT: Not gonna buy the game. I learned that when I bought all expansion packs of The Sims 2. Waste of money tbh. I bet nobody's playing that game anymore.

Lol I still play The Sims 2. IMO it's the best one they ever made.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 20:53)
Lol I still play The Sims 2. IMO it's the best one they ever made.

This icon14.gif I lost count on the amount of houses and worlds I built.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 09:41)
QUOTE (Tchuck @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:51)
Not really, i would pirate The Sims because they have already screwed the customer over with the pety money grabbing DLC's you seem to be defending..

Petty money grabbing or constantly expanding the game experience over the span of 4 to 5 years, longer than many other games would do? Bethesda declared Skyrim complete after 2 years. Shouldn't Dawnguard be a part of the base game instead of ripped out of the game and then sold to us? Which leads me to...

Sure the piano on it's own isn't a big deal, but when you add the hundreds of other things that have purposely been left out from the base game only to release via DLC in the future, the list gets quite substantial.

Care to source this? Where does it say they were left out from the base game? Are there any left over files on the base game? Do you have any knowledge of game development to further add to your claim? Consider the amount of things they have added to the game. Would you rather wait ten years for the game to be ready? Heck, you can even mod the game. If they were only attempting to get your money, surely they would squash that out, as why would people pay for something if they can get variations of it for free?

And dogs would have been fine in the base game of The Sims 3, not like including them would have been any harder than including humans. I would have happily waited an extra 6 months if pets were in the game.

Really? Have you taken a look at the design document for the game? The development plan? What is your development experience, to say it would have been easy to include them?

Far as im concerned, Maxis are the robbers, i would pirate their games simply because of their ridiculous DLC's.

And then bitch that the quality of games are going down. Because, after all, you are entitled to all the content at no extra cost sigh.gif

Hell, with his way of thinking, he's entitled to the whole game at no cost!

If you don't like it shut the hell up and don't buy it, but don't pirate it. All that does in the long run is make it worse for the people who buy the game.

There are plenty of dev/publishers who use DLC, look at Tomb Raider's ridiculous DLC! Or Saints Rows!

Lol you can't tell anybody what they can or can't do. If he wants to download it for free then that's his decision. When I download a game for free, I still always go and buy it later when I get the money. It's usually "Try before you buy" for me.

Of course it is his decision to steal the game.

Doesn't mean he should, also why all the talk of piracy? I thought any mention of it was not allowed on here?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm the biggest Will Wright fan boy. I remember following the development of the first Sims game. I own almost a complete collection from the original up through 3.

I'm also not an EA hater.

But...

I still feel burnt from the SimCity release.

This will not be a day 1 purchase for me. I'll see how it all plays out and if things are cool, I'd love to start working on my Sims4 fun.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Well, there was a rumour going around earlier today that it doesn't require player to be online. I, for one reason really hope that it becomes true, because I couldn't imagine playing it online with my sh*tty interent connection.

If it's not always online, and doesn't require Origin and other sh*t, then I'm up for it.
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 00:55)
This will not be a day 1 purchase for me. I'll see how it all plays out and if things are cool, I'd love to start working on my Sims4 fun.

It's like you read my mind there. smile.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I really hope TS4 takes place in a city, rather than one of them neighborhoods.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Tchuck, I'll download it for free with no remorse, they aren't expanding the game, they are literally selling you what was already on the game. People like you are asleep calling it expansion, in what way is it expansion when the stuff they are adding was already in the previous games?

I've never pirated The Sims, me and my mum have bought every one since it's played on my family computer by my mum and sometimes my sister, i stopped buying them at The Sims 3 Fast Lane when i realized just how much of a scam it is, when i saw what items they were including in their "expansions".. They aren't expansions at all, literally money grabbing DLC aimed at idiots who are actually willing to buy hideously overpriced items that should be in the base game, and where in the previous games.

Go ahead and pay for your "expansions" at 15 a pop, you're a fool if you do. Pirating is the only way anyone should play The Sims.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

OFF TOPIC: I tried installing The Sims 2 again but It won't let me install anything. Always when installing finishes, I get "Application will check if update is installed" or something like that and then it errors and deinstalls the game sad.gif

The game and Expansion Packs and Stuffs are all legit. Before, I had them all installed on my hard drive but I accidentaly knocked it over and it broke (R.I.P. cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif ) Does the game think it's illegal because I have it installed on 2 different hard drives?

ON TOPIC: I really hope that we will get more vehicles in TS4. TS2 had very small amount and I'm not sure about TS3 but I dont think it had much.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 14:59)
OFF TOPIC: I tried installing The Sims 2 again but It won't let me install anything. Always when installing finishes, I get "Application will check if update is installed" or something like that and then it errors and deinstalls the game sad.gif

The game and Expansion Packs and Stuffs are all legit. Before, I had them all installed on my hard drive but I accidentaly knocked it over and it broke (R.I.P. cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif ) Does the game think it's illegal because I have it installed on 2 different hard drives?

ON TOPIC: I really hope that we will get more vehicles in TS4. TS2 had very small amount and I'm not sure about TS3 but I dont think it had much.

oh hey ur the same guy who had issues with NFS prostreet. like i said in that thread, redeem the CD keys on origin and then download from there since there is issues with your discs for both sims 2 and NFS prostreet.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 15:08)
QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 14:59)

The game and Expansion Packs and Stuffs are all legit. Before, I had them all installed on my hard drive but I accidentaly knocked it over and it broke (R.I.P. cryani.gif   cryani.gif   cryani.gif ) Does the game think it's illegal because I have it installed on 2 different hard drives?

oh hey ur the same guy who had issues with NFS prostreet. like i said in that thread, redeem the CD keys on origin and then download from there since there is issues with your discs for both sims 2 and NFS prostreet.

Ok thanks icon14.gif

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 09:59)

Reason why The Sims 2 had so little vehicles, is do to having cars being added in an expansion.(Night Life). The Sims 3 has more cars then Sims 2, and there is always mods that add more cars. Same goes for Sims 2, mods add more cars.

Go ahead and pay for your "expansions" at 15 a pop, you're a fool if you do. Pirating is the only way anyone should play The Sims.

Right ok enlightened one. I am really starting think, the only reason why you are supporting pirating, is so you can have a reason to do it. "EA is such an evil company, I will pirate all of there games, and make myself in to a moral cursander!. Everyone else is stupid if they don't think like me!" That's you in a nutshell. If you don't like their practices, don't play the f*cking game.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 11 May 2013 - 04:40 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 16:27)

Reason why The Sims 2 had so little vehicles, is do to having cars being added in an expansion.(Night Life). The Sims 3 has more cars then Sims 2, and there is always mods that add more cars. Same goes for Sims 2, mods add more cars.

Right ok enlightened one. I am really starting think, the only reason why you are supporting pirating, is so you can have a reason to do it. "EA is such an evil company, I will pirate all of there games, and make myself in to a moral cursander!. Everyone else is stupid if they don't think like me!" That's you in a nutshell. If you don't like their practices, don't play the f*cking game.

I'm not saying EA are evil, i'm saying they are smart, they are taking advantage of you retards who just accept their horrible repackaging of old content.

Expansion packs offer new and fresh content, what The Sims does is exactly the opposite. They recycle old content that has already been introduced and then sell it back to you when they replaced the number 3 with 4 in the title. There is such a massive difference between expansion packs and selling the customer old items and abilities. If you can't see that then i can't help you, you are gonna have to help yourself.

f*ckin hell, when The Sims 5 comes out they'll still include pets as DLC at a ridiculous price... Is it an expansion? Evidently not, its something from The Sims 2 which should have been included in the base game of The Sims 3. Instead they sell it back to you acting like its new. And your stupid enough to buy it.

EDIT: I don't like their practices for completely justifiable reason, but i'll still play it, for free. If they don't like my practises then they can stop scamming us and i'll go back to paying like i do with every other game.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by kudoboi, 11 May 2013 - 05:05 PM.

f*ckin hell, when The Sims 5 comes out they'll still include pets as DLC at a ridiculous price... Is it an expansion? Evidently not, its something from The Sims 2 which should have been included in the base game of The Sims 3. Instead they sell it back to you acting like its new. And your stupid enough to buy it.

i don't remember pets being in the base game in TS2 so why should it be in the base game of any other sims? i agree with the general, it seems like you are just using it as an excuse to pirate the game. your logic is that if you buy a phone and the company provides an option to buy additional accessories like a car dock or a phone case, their next phone should contain all of them out of the box or else its a scam. you don't need those expansion packs to enjoy the game anyway, and its not as simple as just replacing a number, they upgrade gameplay mechanics, graphics, AI etc. and the expansion packs/ DLCs imo in the sims are alot better than other games in terms of content. if you really hate how they handle the sequels then don't buy the game BUT don't pirate it either because you don't deserve playing the game for free just because you are not satisfied.

the only scenario where its a scam is if they included pets FOR FREE in sims 3 or sims 2 and charge you for it in sims 4

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

^Pets weren't in the base game of The Sims 2, they came in an expansion pack, which was a good thing back then, since that was a brand new feature and justifiably, pets and everything that came with pets, was released seperately from the base game.

Are pets new now? No. It's not hard to add pets in the next base game. But they purposely don't do that specifically so they can charge extra for an old feature later down the line.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

I believe it was the first Sims when everyone complained there were no pets. Maxis heard the cries and provided a guinea pig in a cage to place in your home. It was a bit of a back handed offering since if the guinea pig bit you got sick and died.

Anyway...what could they offer in the Sims4 that would make people move away from Sims3? Sims3 really seemed to nail it with the open neighborhoods and such and was a great natural progression from 2.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Beep, Beep!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

This just gets better and better!

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I've always liked the sims, especially 2 I still think that it's better than 3. I hope that they'll improve the AI in 4 a lot. In 3 they removed some frustrating AI bugs from 2 but it still wasn't perfect. I also hope that they'll keep the game open enough to mod. People who are frustrated over EA dlc really have to go to modthesims.info, you can find a lot of new stuff there. And I think that there's enough to do and stuff in the base game anyway.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Can't f*cking wait to set my sims on fire and sell my windows in order to buy pizza.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 16:27)

The Sims 2 didn't have "little amounts" of cars, it had no cars at all. They were all added in expansion pack(s?), same goes for pets (saw someone talking below about that)

It doesn't make them a fool just for buying an expansion pack, the problem with mods is that they vary in quality (saw them mentioned), and some can cause crashes. Some people (casual gamers, probably 90% of the Sims crowd) would rather not mess around with that stuff and just have a even quality non crashing game.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm hyped for this game, but at the same time, I'm also worried something bad will happen. Real bad.

After SimCity, anything could happen. Anyway, it's EA Games... and Maxis...

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 20 August 2013 - 06:34 PM.

new advert trailer thing!

and some gameplay

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Is it just me or does the graphics looks worse than Sims 3? dontgetit.gif

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 09:11)
Are pets new now? No. It's not hard to add pets in the next base game. But they purposely don't do that specifically so they can charge extra for an old feature later down the line.

Really? I didn't know you were part of the development team for The Sims!

Give me a f*cking break. They release an excellent base game, produced over years, and then support that excellent base game with years and years of new content, expanding the ways you can enjoy the original game, almost never causing any conflict issue with the base game. f*ck, they even let you download stuff that other people have created, completely free of charge!

Your whole reasoning for how a game should be developed is wrong. "Oh this was in the first game, it MUST be in the next iteration!". So, are you going to cry if there's no gravity gun in Half Life 3? It was in Half Life 2! What about cars that are missing from the next installment of NFS/Forza/Gran Turismo, but were in the previous iteration, and are now available as DLC? Are you going to bitch and pirate the game because the game was "gutted"?

Pirates like you are a disgrace. Don't like the game, don't buy it. Pirating to "prove your point" is such bullsh*t and a ridiculous excuse. You don't know how development works, you have no idea how difficult it can be to build the game, let alone get all those systems working flawlessly. It's much better to release a solid experience as your base game, and expand upon that at another pace, having the time to deal with making things work, without the pressure of delivery date for a very anticipated game. But obviously, you don't know that, or rather, you don't care, they must do it your way cause you deserve everything.

Every new iteration of Sims is a new game. Built from the ground up. They focus on the core systems first, the things that make the game enjoyable and are a staple of the Sims brand, the minimum viable product for their system, and get that sh*t done right. They don't have time to "add pets" because they need to deliver a solid product, and something as simple as adding pets can cause delays in other areas, which can have unforeseen consequences that can lead from "oh it's no biggie" to "holy hell we'll miss the holidays because everything is breaking". After the game is released, and the reception is good and the sales are good, they can focus on expanding the base product.

So that's why.

On topic, I'm looking forward to this. Haven't played 2, built some houses on 3, looking forward to what they come out with.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 09:11)

Really? I didn't know you were part of the development team for The Sims!

Do you realize how much of a pathetic thing that is to say?

No, i'm not part of the development team, and yes, it is obvious that including animals in the base game wouldn't be hard. I'm aware they need a decent core base game, but they could just take a little extra time including these features/missing items in the base game.

And you don't seem to grasp the concept, this isn't just a one off, oh that was in the last game but isn't in the next one, this is entire waves of old material being constantly re-released because of total dumb asses like you.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 20:20)
Give me a f*cking break. They release an excellent base game, produced over years, and then support that excellent base game with years and years of new content, expanding the ways you can enjoy the original game, almost never causing any conflict issue with the base game. f*ck, they even let you download stuff that other people have created, completely free of charge!

the reason they had so many expansion packs was because they cut so much from the base game so it could be sold in an expansion pack later.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Come on EA when is Frostbite 3 and the Sims happening?

Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:30)

I don't think the target market for the Sims has computers that can handle a game the size of the Sims in the Frostbite 3 engine. There are exceptions of course, ie me.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:30)

I don't think the target market for the Sims has computers that can handle a game the size of the Sims in the Frostbite 3 engine. There are exceptions of course, ie me.

You gotta admit realistic looking graphics over the cartoon look would be
pretty cool.

Screw the target market lol. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users