Photo

Sims 4

100 replies to this topic
UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 07 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Today we are revealing to our top fans the fact that The Sims™ 4 is coming to PC and Mac in 2014.

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

More information will be revealed later today here on The Beat, so stay tuned.

Share your excitement for the game on Twitter with the hashtag #TheSims4.

Sims 4 - Official Announcement

user posted image

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ahhh, pretty cool I must say, I used to play the sh*t out Sims 2 but missed out on Sims 3 because I have a very terrible laptop haha. However by the time this comes out I'll hopefully have a decent PC. So I'll be keeping my eye on this.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

it is the game that never ends
yes it goes on and on my friends
some people started playin' it, not sure of what it was
and now they keep on playin' it forever just because it is the game that never ends

and now they keep on playin' it forever just because it is the game that never ends

user posted image
  • Joe Chip likes this

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

What about console? cryani.gif
  • D3ADSH0T likes this

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:50)

patience my friend , The Sims 3 was first announced this way but after a year they announced the console version

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Wow, this is interesting. I haven't played The Sims 3 in a long time so I am looking forward to get back in to the Sims.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Great another Sims game I need to upgrade my PC to play. I still haven't done so for the Sims 3. My old PC could play it, but that one crapped out.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, May 6 2013, 10:50)

You mean the really gimped version that most people who play sims don't care about? Give it a year or two after launch of the PC version.

So when the f*ck is this suppose to come out? Sims 3 is suppose to have at least 2-3 expansions plus a few more stuff packs.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't know, I might pass on this one. I still have yet to get all Sims 3 expansions.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

You can get Info when it comes out here Newsletter

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yes smile.gif finally !!

I've been waiting for a long time, I feel that The Sims 3 ruined it for me but I'm willing to give The Sims 4 a try.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

So let me guess...

More ridiculous raping of the customer, selling us DLC's with content that should have been in the base game...

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hopefully it will be as good as The Sims 2. I have to say that TS2 was the best one in the series.

PS:Good to see that I am not the only one who plays it.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 14:40)
So let me guess...

More ridiculous raping of the customer, selling us DLC's with content that should have been in the base game...

The thing is, DLC and expansions are kinda needed for the Sims. And I could say that it is the only series in gaming that can get away with it. People are always going to want new things for their dolls to experience, or the new items for their homes. The demand is never ending, and EA giving what the customers want, is a good thing. Or are you telling me you want the game to change very little, or have EA release the new content for free? Yeah that isn't going to happen.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, May 6 2013, 19:57)
So let me guess...

The thing is, DLC and expansions are kinda needed for the Sims. And I could say that it is the only series in gaming that can get away with it. People are always going to want new things for their dolls to experience, or the new items for their homes. The demand is never ending, and EA giving what the customers want, is a good thing. Or are you telling me you want the game to change very little, or have EA release the new content for free? Yeah that isn't going to happen.

Yeah but consider this.

The piano, been in the game since the beginning.

Then they took it away and sold it back to us via DLC.

Dogs, were in The Sims 2, weather it was via DLC, expansion pack or on the base game, if they had any decency pets would be something on every base game from now on.

Then when The Sims 3 came out they took that away only to sell it back to us via DLC.

The list goes on and on and on, from furniture, to wallpaper, to things like dogs. There is no justifiable reason, they just want to rape the customer. Which is why the only way to play The Sims these days is to pirate.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 15:02)
So let me guess...

Yeah but consider this.

Dogs, were in The Sims 2, weather it was via DLC, expansion pack or on the base game, if they had any decency pets would be something on every base game from now on.

Then when The Sims 3 came out they took that away only to sell it back to us via DLC.

The list goes on and on and on, from furniture, to wallpaper, to things like dogs. There is no justifiable reason, they just want to rape the customer. Which is why the only way to play The Sims these days is to pirate.

Sure there is a reason, the things weren't ready for the base game when talking about dogs or weather. Both of those things were added in by expansion, not base game. And getting the weather to work properly requires addition work. The Sims 3 is played differently than Sims 2, in that the entire world is open and you aren't trapped in a lot. Dogs and pets in general, have been expanded on greatly from when they were in the previous 2 games.

The piano, well that isn't really a big deal. They gave us the guitar instead.
Plus most items, like new beds or wallpapers or whatever can be found for free. The Sims series has one of the largest modding communities in gaming, most things that you want, can be found. And like I said, them selling new sh*t is fine, it doesn't break your game, it improves someone's elses.

Ah so you are a pirate. So you are the reason why publishers are trying to screw over paying customers with DRM. Go f*ck yourself.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Not really, i would pirate The Sims because they have already screwed the customer over with the pety money grabbing DLC's you seem to be defending..

Sure the piano on it's own isn't a big deal, but when you add the hundreds of other things that have purposely been left out from the base game only to release via DLC in the future, the list gets quite substantial.

And dogs would have been fine in the base game of The Sims 3, not like including them would have been any harder than including humans. I would have happily waited an extra 6 months if pets were in the game.

Far as im concerned, Maxis are the robbers, i would pirate their games simply because of their ridiculous DLC's.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by agent17, 06 May 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Let me save you all some time:

>EA reveals new gameplay gimmicks and features
>Online multiplayer is introduced
>Sims 4 comes out
>Gameplay gimmicks and features are heavily watered down, or broken, etc
>Always online DRM that requires you to connect to a server
>the servers are mostly down for the first week
>Server problems continues for two more weeks, going down with regularity
>people lose their saves, Sims, etc
>Multiplayer is moistly superficial, and hardly revolutionizes the game
>game suffers from long load times and bad optimization due to the sh*tty game engine which they recycled from Sims 3, regardless of how good your PC is
>pre-order bonuses for all the major distributors
>Digital Delux Edition: bonus neighborhood
>Day 1 DLC: various packs of clothing and/or furniture
>Game strips any sort of variety present in the previous games
>Micro transactions will be necessary if you want your house/sims to look unique, otherwise you will be stuck with the very limited selection of base items
>game is buggy as hell off the shelf
>EA releases a patch a week later, which somehow makes the game even buggier
>These bugs are left in the game, and are never patched out
>New expansion pack is announced just 3 months later
>installing the expansion pack rectifies previous game-breaking bugs
>you will need to buy the expansion pack to fix your game (This actually happened in Sims 3)
>expansion introduces gameplay elements which should have been present in the base game (pets, seasons, etc)
>Mod support is limited or non-existent, giving EA free reign over additional content, forcing players to use the Sims 4 store if they want anything more out of their game

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 20:02)
So let me guess...

Yeah but consider this.

Different game engines, it's isn't like they can just straight copy and paste the content from old Sims games directly into the new one. It does take work/manpower which in turn costs money.

I agree with the other poster(s), this is one game that can definantly get away with this, I don't play the Sims anymore (did when I was like 13) but they do seem to add a fair amount for the money. And it isn't like you are forced to buy them either, pay for what you want, and don't for the rest.

And don't condone piracy just because you are too cheap/cannot afford to buy the expansions you want, wait until you can or live without them.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by Mr.Mordecai, 06 May 2013 - 10:33 PM.

When I'll have time, I'll pirate re-install the Sims 2 expansions on my laptop. The Sims was my sh*t, though I don't really play TS3 that much anymore.

EDIT: OMFG THEY ARE GETTING SOME OF THE ORIGINAL PEOPLE WHO WORKED ON THE SIMS 1 TO IMPROVE THINGS AND TO GO BACK TO THEIR ROOTS. I'm excited now. cool.gif (Let's just hope I have a job so i can get a new pc)

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Not really, i would pirate The Sims because they have already screwed the customer over with the pety money grabbing DLC's you seem to be defending..

Petty money grabbing or constantly expanding the game experience over the span of 4 to 5 years, longer than many other games would do? Bethesda declared Skyrim complete after 2 years. Shouldn't Dawnguard be a part of the base game instead of ripped out of the game and then sold to us? Which leads me to...

Sure the piano on it's own isn't a big deal, but when you add the hundreds of other things that have purposely been left out from the base game only to release via DLC in the future, the list gets quite substantial.

Care to source this? Where does it say they were left out from the base game? Are there any left over files on the base game? Do you have any knowledge of game development to further add to your claim? Consider the amount of things they have added to the game. Would you rather wait ten years for the game to be ready? Heck, you can even mod the game. If they were only attempting to get your money, surely they would squash that out, as why would people pay for something if they can get variations of it for free?

And dogs would have been fine in the base game of The Sims 3, not like including them would have been any harder than including humans. I would have happily waited an extra 6 months if pets were in the game.

Really? Have you taken a look at the design document for the game? The development plan? What is your development experience, to say it would have been easy to include them?

Far as im concerned, Maxis are the robbers, i would pirate their games simply because of their ridiculous DLC's.

And then bitch that the quality of games are going down. Because, after all, you are entitled to all the content at no extra cost sigh.gif

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

EA has confirmed that the title will allow for single-player and offline play!

user posted image

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

All right, I might sound weird, but I really don't wanna see anything improved in Sims 4.

I'm expecting it to look pretty much like it does now. They don't want to alienate millions of players by setting too steep system requirements that a new engine could bring.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Excited about TS4.
I hope EA and Maxis make less expansion packs and add the features to the base game.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:51)

Petty money grabbing or constantly expanding the game experience over the span of 4 to 5 years, longer than many other games would do? Bethesda declared Skyrim complete after 2 years. Shouldn't Dawnguard be a part of the base game instead of ripped out of the game and then sold to us? Which leads me to...

Care to source this? Where does it say they were left out from the base game? Are there any left over files on the base game? Do you have any knowledge of game development to further add to your claim? Consider the amount of things they have added to the game. Would you rather wait ten years for the game to be ready? Heck, you can even mod the game. If they were only attempting to get your money, surely they would squash that out, as why would people pay for something if they can get variations of it for free?

Really? Have you taken a look at the design document for the game? The development plan? What is your development experience, to say it would have been easy to include them?

And then bitch that the quality of games are going down. Because, after all, you are entitled to all the content at no extra cost sigh.gif

Hell, with his way of thinking, he's entitled to the whole game at no cost!

If you don't like it shut the hell up and don't buy it, but don't pirate it. All that does in the long run is make it worse for the people who buy the game.

There are plenty of dev/publishers who use DLC, look at Tomb Raider's ridiculous DLC! Or Saints Rows!

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 09:41)
QUOTE (Tchuck @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:51)

Hell, with his way of thinking, he's entitled to the whole game at no cost!

If you don't like it shut the hell up and don't buy it, but don't pirate it. All that does in the long run is make it worse for the people who buy the game.

There are plenty of dev/publishers who use DLC, look at Tomb Raider's ridiculous DLC! Or Saints Rows!

Lol you can't tell anybody what they can or can't do. If he wants to download it for free then that's his decision. When I download a game for free, I still always go and buy it later when I get the money. It's usually "Try before you buy" for me.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

PS3?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Xbox?

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:09)
Xbox?

Please refrain from single word replies or posts, they are categorized as spam. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users