Photo

Recently Turned Eighteen...

77 replies to this topic
Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (DP Man @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:29)
Everyone else my age has a job, money, self esteem, social skills, muscle, nice hair, their license, a huge group of friends, a girlfriend and goes out living their life. I see these kinds of people out in public and on Facebook, Instagram etc and it makes me feel sh*t because they've accomplished more than me even before they were 18.

Why should that bother you? Their standard doesn't have to be yours. Either work to that standard if you believe that's what you want, or reject it entirely and aspire for your own goals. No use comparing yourself to others if it's not going to help you.

ForretressLover
  • ForretressLover

Yes, Im a girl. Deal with it! ;)

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:54)
QUOTE (ForretressLover @ Monday, May 6 2013, 22:49)
QUOTE (DP Man @ Monday, May 6 2013, 12:01)

Have you had sex yet?

No, why?

SEX, in this day, age and generation, is very important deciding factor when it comes to being an ALPHA MALE. The more relationships you have, girls you sleep with (even just making out with a girl at a club, aka SCORING, will set your respect meter waaaay up) will make you popular and well known. from this, you go on to have more and more male friends, more going out, more girls to meet... and eventually you start to feel good about yourself, and life will feel good. Sex and friendships are important. Your own problems, depression etc, stays at home. (I constantly play pokemon, but THAT stays at home! thats MY business!) you are young, so GO OUT and BE YOUNG!! go to raging parties, nightclubs with your friends! Pull girls!! Cant give any info on jobs or personal achievments, sorry. Feel good, man. You just got advice from a Forretress.

There's a troll looming around here. sarcasm.gif
Ignore him dude, he's just a mentally retarded person who doesn't contribute comprehensively and building up arousal for his word.

Hope you survive long enough for saying sex everywhere. icon14.gif

Excuse me, arent you that guy who complained about me posting only about sex? sorry, PAL, but take a look at my profile. i am a RECENT member. Only a few posts under my belt, and NONE about sex bar that one in this thread. Whats your problem????? i was giving the guy some advice. I dont know who you think you are, but I dont like you. I thought these forums were friendly. Forretress out.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

You're 18 and you think you're wasting your life? Honestly, there isn't much you can do that is highly productive at that age anyways. College is probably the most helpful thing you can do, if you can. It gets you around new people that you can make friends with. I know your looking for a job, keep trying. It's another situation that can help you learn to interact with people outside your comfort zone.

Other people "accomplished more than me even before they were 18", most people before 18 are handed things by their parents. But I'm not sure what you see are "accomplishments".

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (ForretressLover @ Monday, May 6 2013, 17:47)
I thought these forums were friendly. Forretress out.

biggrin.gif That's funny.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Life is not the same to everyone, though. You have to find what makes YOU happy, not what makes THEM happy.
What do YOU want out of life? What is YOUR dream? What is YOUR ambition? Doing things randomly because other people are doing it won't get you nowhere. Do you want to get muscle because YOU want to be a muscular guy, or because the others are muscular? Do you want to get a girlfriend because YOU want to get a girlfriend, or because others have girlfriends?

Like Adler has said, set your own goals, your own standards, live your own life. To be honest, and a bit harsh, you're not "unlucky" with women, you just appear (I might be wrong, as this is the only impression I have of you) to no be a fun person to have around, so why should they? Same goes for everything else. You want to have friends, you want women, then be someone people want to be around. Be someone likeable, don't be a whiner. Life's tough, we all know. Some of us choose to complain and settle, while others choose to just go forward and reach for their purpose, their dream. Where do you want to be 5 years from now? BTW, you're only 18. So much has changed in the 8 years since I was 18, so don't worry too much. Or do worry, if that makes you move forward.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Happy birthday.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

You need to start pushing yourself to do sh*t. The sooner the better. Become a professional...police, fire, medical, military. Every one of those professions will push you to the point whereyou got it or not. And they WILL tell you if you can hang. Working at minimum wage doesn't really impress anyone and sometimes is as useful as doing nothing at all.

I was suuuper tired of life at 19 and joined the Army for Explosive Ordnance Disposal... I had a stick of C4 in my hand about 8 months later.

But this sh*tty part is now I'm 23, out of the military and back at square one. I've had 4 jobs since Jan 30th of this year. And I quit them every 4 or 5 weeks out of a whim because I just get fed up easily...

You can sell strangers all kinda bullsh*t. Since THEY DONT KNOW YOU... why would you make them think your a pussy? Just tell them you played High School football or something...they'll never know.

Anyway, where are you from or living now? DP Man?

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

Bro we are similar!

1. I dropped out so im uneducated
2. I have LITERALLY 0 friends on earth
3. Im awkward around people.
4.Ive never been on a date. Ever
5.I am afraid of going out in public
6.I wake up every single afternoon and do nothing all day
7.I cant sleep regular hours
8.I am 17, no permit, no GF no friends no hobby ONLY HOPE For eternity

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (DP Man @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 00:10)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, May 6 2013, 12:04)
You went to a Night Club? Who with? Did you drink at all?

Do you know anybody from school? Like even if you were just sort of acquaintances?

I went with my sister, best friend and two of her friends, my best friend left early because he wasn't having fun though. I didn't drink by the way.

Don't go to school anymore (graduated) but I don't really have any friends from there that party. Most are awkward and/or dating.

And that's why man. You didn't have a drink, at all. Pubs and clubs are only funif you have lots of friends to talk to, or you find people to talk to, or if you drink and have fun possibly in combination with those things.

You don't have to get drunk, just have two, it will lower your inhibitions and insecurities a bit and increase confidence.

Also I would just randomly find some acquaintances you know from school and see if there is a party or something! Meet them there, and drink! If you're going to be too much of a Bitch to go talk to people, alcohol will help. If you're unsure about drinking, buy a 4.pack of.premixed gin and tonic from Dan Murphys, sip it at home, see what happens.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

Just enjoy life, spend time with your friends and family. Ignore all the haters! Just be YOU. Don't worry about what you don't have. If everyone were the same, the world would never revolve.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (ForretressLover @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 01:47)
Excuse me, arent you that guy who complained about me posting only about sex? sorry, PAL, but take a look at my profile. i am a RECENT member. Only a few posts under my belt, and NONE about sex bar that one in this thread. Whats your problem????? i was giving the guy some advice. I dont know who you think you are, but I dont like you. I thought these forums were friendly. Forretress out.

As seen in your total posts since you joined, you have always outspoken word 'sex'. It's not of being malicious, you know it's not always all the time your saying that everywhere in here. You might be called a troll. I'm not being too offensive for you buddy, just wanted to be plain and sarcastic.

Anyway welcome to the reality of internet.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

No money to use on home equipment sadly.

Late reply by me, but what I meant was going out to a park and jogging, or doing 50+ push-ups a day, or masturbating with both hands. You can get a decent free workout pretty easily.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just do it. Do something - anything. I don't think you need to seek for happiness by working out and getting muscles. For now, forget about working out. A job is your main priority at this moment. Don't give up man but keep handing your CV and resume out. Look at ways on improving your documented work. Once you start working, which you will, try to make friends with some co-workers. Go out with them, have a good time, meet their friends - branch yourself out. Save your money and use wisley. Don't go blowing your dollars away on stupid sh*t. Join a sports club and become social that way. Go for a skydive, see if you like it, then maybe considering doing the skydive course - you'll meet many awesome people. Think outside the box!

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Coat. @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 22:30)
Just do it. Do something - anything. I don't think you need to seek for happiness by working out and getting muscles. For now, forget about working out. A job is your main priority at this moment.

I disagree with this, firstly you are only going to need to spend about 20-45 minutes daily (If that) Working out on those simple routines I posted, that's nothing at all.

Secondly, working out is a great way to increase confidence, as well as many health benefits. I know that I got much more confident with myself once I had gained a little bit of muscle.

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 09:32)

Late reply by me, but what I meant was going out to a park and jogging, or doing 50+ push-ups a day, or masturbating with both hands. You can get a decent free workout pretty easily.

Masturbation is not a good idea though.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 14:51)

yeah that Shh Becomes addictive. I cant stop now

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 10:51)

It was meant as a joke. If he's already masturbating a lot then using both hands would work the arms pretty well. But I've heard a lot about the benefits of quitting lately. I've been considering it, but I can't even go a week without it (it really hits me when I can't get to sleep.) confused.gif

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Haha, I can't even go a day without it...

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by Mr.Mister, 08 May 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I'm not much older than you and am going through the exact same thing, only I'm making steady progress right now. I was partying with a popular friend of mine and his group made me feel inadequate in my different areas of life. They had cars, cool jobs, social proof, money and the connections to do whatever they want. I live in a upper middle class neighborhood so I am surrounded by these type of people.

Best thing to do is, well, since you're young, I think it's time to start considering finding a hobby outside of video games. Go to the gym, get active, get your ass off the couch! Summer is pretty much here, and your teenage years are leaving you. Time for a change. Start working towards your drivers license right now, start studying and driving with mom or dad. Are you going to university? Easy place to make new social connections. Also a great place to volunteer, join clubs and network your way to a decent job to start at.

Getting active should be your first goal. Once you find yourself sitting around procrastinating less, use some discipline and develop some healthy habits/goals. Make them specific. The world is yours, friend

Protip: Don't discourage yourself by comparing to others. This is your life, and your path. You are blessed in ways that others aren't, and so forth. Study philosophy, that may help you with any sort of personal problem. When I was in Nepal few years ago, I found Buddhism to be very refreshing

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:56)
QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 10:51)

It was meant as a joke. If he's already masturbating a lot then using both hands would work the arms pretty well. But I've heard a lot about the benefits of quitting lately. I've been considering it, but I can't even go a week without it (it really hits me when I can't get to sleep.) confused.gif

Bro its harder for me. I am a Christian and its SO Hard, LITERALLY. I just cannot stop I have to do it everyday, My hormones are raging in the fast lane of sexual fantasies. Oh man just talking about it makes me want to search Abella Anderson No No No No No

user posted image

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Why would anyone want to stop masturbating? I understand your Christian morals, but honestly I'm sure every Christian has had a wanky or smuck smuck every once in a while. I mean, it was always the Catholic girls getting pregnant first in my high school. Might as well masturbate before committing a worse sin.

It's a healthy thing to do and becoming much more socially acceptable. Believe me, there will be enough eggs/sperm left for you when it's time to making babies. You're not wasting anything.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Mar @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 03:01)
Why would anyone want to stop masturbating? I understand your Christian morals, but honestly I'm sure every Christian has had a wanky or smuck smuck every once in a while. I mean, it was always the Catholic girls getting pregnant first in my high school. Might as well masturbate before committing a worse sin.

It's a healthy thing to do and becoming much more socially acceptable. Believe me, there will be enough eggs/sperm left for you when it's time to making babies. You're not wasting anything.

im just glad I do that instead of getting whores pregnant

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (RipeDex @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 22:03)

Whores? tounge.gif

You may have understood me wrong. I was meaning teens experimenting with sex to fulfill a desire without being mature enough to know the consequences/circumstances with their actions.

Most 'whores' are experienced enough to know to wrap that sh*t up or be on a contraception method. That is unless they're wanting to pop out babies to get some extra money/fulfill a desire of being a mother/thinking it will cure their loneliness.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Mar @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 03:08)

Whores? tounge.gif

You may have understood me wrong. I was meaning teens experimenting with sex to fulfill a desire without being mature enough to know the consequences/circumstances with their actions.

Most 'whores' are experienced enough to know to wrap that sh*t up or be on a contraception method. That is unless they're wanting to pop out babies to get some extra money/fulfill a desire of being a mother/thinking it will cure their loneliness.

Bro, girls my age dress in the worst way, showing off every curve, And they want sex from guys. I could have sex with any whore my age because they want it

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

A whore is someone you pay money to have sexual relations with. I think you're just dealing with slutty/promiscuous women.

In most cases, girls (and some guys) go through a phase where they crave attention and will do anything for it. It's a phase just like when I thought WWE was real.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (beavis @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 03:32)
A whore is someone you pay money to have sexual relations with. I think you're just dealing with slutty/promiscuous women.

In most cases, girls (and some guys) go through a phase where they crave attention and will do anything for it. It's a phase just like when I thought WWE was real.

Slut is a better term. I am 17, most girls my age do things for attention, One girl I knew in high school now sucks men, to "Live in the moment". sometimes I am tempted to tweet her and tell her, Hey, I want you to get it. LOL I cannot do that. It is just so wrong in every way at my age and faith

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (RipeDex @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 14:24)

Whores? tounge.gif

Bro, girls my age dress in the worst way, showing off every curve, And they want sex from guys. I could have sex with any whore my age because they want it

I think you're generalizing way too much, I would challenge you to "get" with one of these "whores", it's harder than you think. Just because someone dresses a certain way, it doesn't make them easy.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 04:38)
QUOTE (RipeDex @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 14:24)

Whores? tounge.gif

I think you're generalizing way too much, I would challenge you to "get" with one of these "whores", it's harder than you think. Just because someone dresses a certain way, it doesn't make them easy.

its not simply how they dress. They want it too i know they talk that way but no i wont get with one because I want a clean respectful girl with my faith. lol the girls that i went to school with said they are not virgins

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

@ DP Man

I totally get where you are getting at. I sometimes have that feeling, but I don't really get depressed or anything or bother writing about it.

Most of the advice the other guys have said works:

I know what you mean though. Its a little funny, I really do not use facebook much, or have any real pictures on my profile..But I see my friends photos and they are like all happy traveling the world, got a cool job or doing something nice. Then you get that thought, I wish I could be doing that right now..

But honestly, images only tell one story or part of their life and it is never good to compare yourself with others. I bet most days, those people are doing every day things.

Something I kind of am figuring out the hard way is, the more I tell myself I am going to do something or "I want to do that".. there really is a good chance I am not going to do it. I tend to procrastinate that because I think of it as a "goal" and goals imply that there is going to be obstacles. The best thing is just to do it without over thinking it.

Another problem I have is often getting out of my old habits. I can do something new and feel great about it, but later my mind reverts back to my old habits. It is very annoying.

As for figuring out what I like to do and what I don't like changes often, but there are things that I find easier to hold interest in than others. I am currently studying Japanese Culture and Language and want to visit Japan, also studying Video Production and learning about filming, editing and audio production. My passion for both of these changes a lot.

Example: I can enjoy a video production class for about 3-4 months, but after that I get bored with it. Patience and Motivation drops.

As much as I do not want to compare age, I am 20 years old, almost 21. Never got laid..Did not touch alcohol or drugs.. do not have much muscles.. I guess we might be similar huh? tounge.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (DP Man @ Monday, May 6 2013, 21:29)
I recently turned 18 a week or two ago and I feel like I'm so behind compared to everyone else my age and even younger, It's starting to make me feel sh*t.

Everyone else my age has a job, money, self esteem, social skills, muscle, nice hair, their license, a huge group of friends, a girlfriend and goes out living their life. I see these kinds of people out in public and on Facebook, Instagram etc and it makes me feel sh*t because they've accomplished more than me even before they were 18.

Most of the time I feel awkward and inferior to everyone when I go out in public and I hate but it feels impossible to change. I want to to join a gym so I can get bigger, look better and feel less inferior. Need a job for that. I want to get my first job so I can actually have money to use on my way to improve. No one hires a lot, I haven't had a proper job and most places feel weird about hiring 18 year olds. I want to be more social and outgoing. Everyone has huge friend groups and I fear rejection far too much to say "hey". Same goes to dating.

What should I do? I'm sick of living like this.

Please have some respect and be serious.

I know exactly how you feel. Facebook bugs me in the same way, but you have to remember, everybody's life looks perfect on Facebook. That's the way they choose to be seen... they only put things up that make them look good. They trick people into believing their life is as awesome as their FB page, which it is not. A few pics here and there of them partying or having fun - moments in time that probably lasted no longer than 2 seconds before they got bored and went home.

Also, I'm 23 and I am still in and out of work frequently (and it's always because places close down, or positions become redundant etc)... I still haven't even got my driver's licence. My wife has hers, and even my little sister does and she's 5 years younger! But there's also plenty of guys out there my age and even older in the same shoes... it's actually not too uncommon

Everybody has their own unique story of how they got to where they are in life. If there was an easy step by step guide to life everybody would be just as rich and famous as each other - but no, that's not the case. For example, Mark Zuckerberg was making Facebook at my age. On the other hand, Danny Elfman (who wrote the music for The Simpsons) didn't start writing music for films until 30+... his story started later in life. So it's no use comparing yours to somebody else, because your story will always be different. That's what makes you who you are.

Don't worry about those huge groups of friends, they will not exist when school ends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users