» «
Photo

GTA V Special Edition Leaked?

72 replies to this topic
Dominik1411
  • Dominik1411

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by Dominik1411, 07 May 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Some onlineshops like "gamesonly.at" showed the content of the special edition of GTA V. It contains:

- SteelBook with exclusiv Artwork
- World map
- Stunt-Planes challenges
- Online-Store concessions
- Bonus outfits
- Bonus Tattoos
- Special Abilities Booster
- Exclusiv weapons

EDIT: The price of that edition was 90 which is like 120$

EDIT2: I have to admit that the germans exchange rate is very stupid. So if something in the US costs 100$ it would cost 90-100 in germany (1$ = 0,76, 1 = 1,31$). Videogames cost 50 (cheapest, rare to find) to 70 (expensive, mostly found in big shops). So from 65$ to 91 for a normal game, no SE. So you can see that its more expensive in germany than in the US or UK. The SE doesnt have to cost 120$. It could cost 100$ as well. Just by the way^^

R* didnt confirm it so far but the online shop itself confirmed it.

It seems that they did delete it. R* wasnt so happy about it, to get leaked.

I got it from a german website, so most of you wont be able to check it out.

http://gta-xtreme.de...D=6753&pageNo=1

If already posted, just delete.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

we know that already. it was leaked on Gamesonly.at but was taken down again. posted here 2 days ago or 3. dont know exactly

Gamesonly is a very known site for most german speaking countries so it could be legit

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

No, please god no. I swear to god, if R* adds the exclusive weapons and ability boost I'll be extremely mad. That's some EA type bullsh*t right there. R* will lose ALL credibility in my books, no matter how good V is. You mean to tell me that, because I didn't buy it without seeing any gameplay on the first day, that I won't be able to have the complete experience? How f*cking lame is that? I'll answer that: very.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:51)
No, please god no. I swear to god, if R* adds the exclusive weapons and ability boost I'll be extremely mad. That's some EA type bullsh*t right there. R* will lose ALL credibility in my books, no matter how good V is. You mean to tell me that, because I didn't buy it without seeing any gameplay on the first day, that I won't be able to have the complete experience? How f*cking lame is that? I'll answer that: very.

it will be more like u are able to buy new customization stuff for cars, weapons and player customization

Dominik1411
  • Dominik1411

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:49)
we know that already. it was leaked on Gamesonly.at but was taken down again. posted here 2 days ago or 3. dont know exactly

Gamesonly is a very known site for most german speaking countries so it could be legit

Oh ok biggrin.gif Didnt know that this news is so old biggrin.gif

To be honest I think that this content is legit.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:51)

Dude just get the special edition. It probably won't be more than $20 more than the standard edition

B1T8
  • B1T8

(8 BIT)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

i'm really interested in seeing that world map though orly.gif

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

i will wait for rockstar to confirm it or reveal it before i believe anything. boosting and exclusive weapons doesnt sound something R* would make for a GTA game

spiritman23
  • spiritman23

makaveli

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:53)

Dude just get the special edition. It probably won't be more than $20 more than the standard edition

Same here, when and if it is announced, I will be buying it.

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Why is it that everyone's solution to everything on this forum is "Throw more money at it, Stopped! No worries!"

It's not that simple, especially if you're making your own money and living on your own trying to survive post-secondary education. I have to worry about food, rent, and tuition. $60 a game is already steep enough as it is. Why should I have to settle for an incomplete experience just because I have real life to worry about as well?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

I hope that it comes in an all black box with nothing on it but the "V" logo. But the game itself comes in the actual box art because I want to display it on my game shelf with the actual no art

Ryder15
  • Ryder15

LooseKiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm just curiouse as to why this game only website has the release date as the 14th September but rock star confirmed it for the 17th??

Source: http://www.gamesonly...360_kaufen.html

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

I remember I didn't buy the GTA IV special edition because the standard was $89 and the special was $149 (Australian prices). JB Hifi usually has great discounts on brand-new games, yet they never applied it to the special edition for IV. I didn't care because it wasn't in-game content. If it's in-game content for V and $60 more again, f*cking hell, how is that fair?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:58)

Why is it that everyone's solution to everything on this forum is "Throw more money at it, Stopped! No worries!"

It's not that simple, especially if you're making your own money and living on your own trying to survive post-secondary education. I have to worry about food, rent, and tuition. $60 a game is already steep enough as it is. Why should I have to settle for an incomplete experience just because I have real life to worry about as well?

Your acting like $20 is an entire months wages. I don't have a lot of money either but in still willing to pay the extra $20 for a game I've waited 5 years for. If you don't want to do it then don't. But then don't complain about "incomplete experience" the stuff that's added is most likely very trivial and small anyways. Your still going to get 99% of the game if you but the vanilla version. Comparing rockstar to EA is going too far I think.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:02)

Your acting like $20 is an entire months wages. I don't have a lot of money either but in still willing to pay the extra $20 for a game I've waited 5 years for. If you don't want to do it then don't. But then don't complain about "incomplete experience" the stuff that's added is most likely very trivial and small anyways. Your still going to get 99% of the game if you but the vanilla version. Comparing rockstar to EA is going too far I think.

Actually, the OP as been edited. The price is 120$ wich the double of the price for thing that doesn't worth all that. Even if it's GTA V.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (TheJasonGallant @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:04)

Actually, the OP as been edited. The price is 120$ wich the double of the price for thing that doesn't worth all that. Even if it's GTA V.

Oh damn. I read the descriptions he gave and assumed it was just a simple add on to the game and a special case. What could be in there to justify doubling the price? I might not even get it now.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

German to English Translate

http://translate.goo...a...53&pageNo=1

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Well, lets take into consideration my expenses, shall we?

I live with my girlfriend, and we net about $1200 a month between us. Our rent is $600, so we have $600 left. We also need to do groceries, which is about $200 a month. Now we have $400. Then how about typical couple activities? easily another $150 a month, leaving about $250 a month for everything else. What about gas? $160 a month easy. Now what? $90. How much is a game plus tax? about $70.

Life is hard enough as it is, I'm not dropping $100 on a special edition. Simple as that, so why should I not be able to play the full game?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:07)

I live with my girlfriend, and we net about $1200 a month between us. Our rent is $600, so we have $600 left. We also need to do groceries, which is about $200 a month. Now we have $400. Then how about typical couple activities? easily another $150 a month, leaving about $250 a month for everything else. What about gas? $160 a month easy. Now what? $90. How much is a game plus tax? about $70.

Life is hard enough as it is, I'm not dropping $100 on a special edition. Simple as that.

How the hell do you guys net $1200 a month? Are you working for less than minimum wage or something?

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:08)

Life is hard enough as it is, I'm not dropping $100 on a special edition. Simple as that.

How the hell do you guys net $1200 a month? Are you working for less than minimum wage or something?

Half of our paychecks go into saving up for next semester.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 06 May 2013 - 03:15 AM.

Been waiting for news about a collector's/special edition so I could preorder V but all this crap about exclusive content is weirding me out. Also an in-game store? This really is a big jump for GTA, be it bad or good we'll just have to wait and see. Still, I'll most likely preorder it though.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:10)

I guess that makes sense then. Damn after hearing that I'm never going to live outside the house like that for school. When I go to school next year I'm just going to stay home. I'm going to work this summer for $12 an hour at my moms company so I should have about $6k saved up meaning I should be able to go to school without working while I'm in school. But if I rented an apartment I would have to work while I'm in school and probably end up in your situation. Good luck dude hope you guys turn out alright.

Stopped
  • Stopped

Epsilon Follower

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:14)

I guess that makes sense then. Damn after hearing that I'm never going to live outside the house like that for school. When I go to school next year I'm just going to stay home. I'm going to work this summer for $12 an hour at my moms company so I should have about $6k saved up meaning I should be able to go to school without working while I'm in school. But if I rented an apartment I would have to work while I'm in school and probably end up in your situation. Good luck dude hope you guys turn out alright.

Thanks man, we make it work. Without eachother we'd be f*cked... I guess that explains why we've worked out for all these years wink.gif

If I came off as being a dick here, I really didn't mean to be. I'm just frustrated with this decision by R* (if it turns out to be true, of course).

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:17)

Thanks man, we make it work. Without eachother we'd be f*cked... I guess that explains why we've worked out for all these years wink.gif

If I came off as being a dick here, I really didn't mean to be. I'm just frustrated with this decision by R* (if it turns out to be true, of course).

Yeah I was probably the one that came of as a dick though. sorry anout that. I'm now mad about the decision as well considering the damn price. $20 price increase I would get it. $60 price increase hell no. I can't see how they can justify charging any more than $20 for that package. That's barely anything.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Wouldn't call it a leak yet until it's been confirmed, anyone can make up bonuses for a game and publish it on a website

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:20)
QUOTE (Stopped @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:17)

Yeah I was probably the one that came of as a dick though. sorry anout that. I'm now mad about the decision as well considering the damn price. $20 price increase I would get it. $60 price increase hell no. I can't see how they can justify charging any more than $20 for that package. That's barely anything.

user posted image

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

Can't stand it when people say day one DLC is good because it's "bonus". No it's pieces taken out of the game which leaves other (most) players with a game that is missing pieces so to to speak. I was really hoping that Rockstar would make a SE similar to IV's which contained all physical merchandise. That was a true and epic SE not with these so called, "bonuses".

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

LOL sh*t fake a'f

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Life is hard enough as it is, I'm not dropping $100 on a special edition. Simple as that, so why should I not be able to play the full game?

Seriously? Just stop buying balloons in the park with your girlfriend for a month and save up for the best damn version of the best damn game thats going to be coming out in the next 5 years. When we are talking about GTA, just throwing money at it is the only way to live with yourself while you play the game.

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Better start saving now biggrin.gif that's the point, a special edition is for the people who are willing to pay more to get more. You have 4 months lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users