Photo

Is rockstar hiding something big

607 replies to this topic
LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Don't forget about the snowmobile and snowplow files found in Max Payne 3. Some of the other stuff found in the Max Payne 3 data files such as the Cuban 800 plane being in GTA V turned out to be completely true. Also, don't forget about how they still haven't shown a majority of the map and that there is snow around the Big Bear area (look at the entire Christopher Dorner incident).

MichaelTn21
  • MichaelTn21

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm sure people from Rockstar are reading these threads and having a good time laughing. They probably delayed the game because they saw the level of other games that came out or are coming out soon and it got them thinking. They're just trying to give us the best game experience possible.

Don't get overexcited too much, the game is coming out in less than 5 months. And for all those people arguing about how big or small the map will be, just wait and you'll see. I mean they've always done an awesome job with all of their games.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 19:27)
Don't forget about the snowmobile and snowplow files found in Max Payne 3. Some of the other stuff found in the Max Payne 3 data files such as the Cuban 800 plane being in GTA V turned out to be completely true. Also, don't forget about how they still haven't shown a majority of the map and that there is snow around the Big Bear area (look at the entire Christopher Dorner incident).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Agent is set in a snowy environment/Russia. That's probably all it is.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Its so amazing, if all of that info and there is alot more to discover, its just mind blowing, the game will be full of content!

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

i see maybe las venturas being in it's own standalone in a later gta, but seeing if things hold tradition, we will probably sooner see an hd vice city than lv. the big "surprise" if there is one, would be that sf has been included in v.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Monday, May 6 2013, 08:13)
I would prefer one big city and it's outer region instead of 3 small cities.

I think Rockstar are saving San Fierro and Las Venturas for GTA VI and VII

I think you mean GTA VII and GTA VIII. GTA VI will most likely be in VIce City biggrin.gif

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by LAPD 85, 06 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, May 6 2013, 01:30)
QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 19:27)
Don't forget about the snowmobile and snowplow files found in Max Payne 3.  Some of the other stuff found in the Max Payne 3 data files such as the Cuban 800 plane being in GTA V turned out to be completely true.  Also, don't forget about how they still haven't shown a majority of the map and that there is snow around the Big Bear area (look at the entire Christopher Dorner incident).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Agent is set in a snowy environment/Russia. That's probably all it is.

It doesn't explain how the Cuban 800 showed up in one of the trailers. It also doesn't explain why that would be in Max Payne 3. Also Agent is an abandoned project, it has been for quite some time. So your statement doesn't make much sense in how it could be Agent.

Also, I forgot, there was chairlift related code left in the Max Payne 3 data files as well. So if there is going to be snow in GTA V, chairlifts and skiing would make sense for a side activity. Just look at the activities they have announced already.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Michael5074 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:20)
Rockstar is hiding something very big ...... my Dick!

It must be one powerful microscope.

Anyway no. I don't see it happening. Sure the fact properties and customization are in despite being alluded to they weren't, but SF and LV have about as much chance of being in GTA V as Zee does being unbanned IMO.

What does it have to take to convince people otherwise?

Kai Jellyboo
  • Kai Jellyboo

Nietzschean

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

i don't think so and i don't think they lied about customizations and property either they just added it since or they weren't sure if its gonna work out properly and just said it's not in the game preemptively.

This whole OMG the map is so huge thing makes me suspicious though, cause in all of the trailers and screens we have mostly seen the same areas and the city isn't that huge either.

We'll see.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Kai Jellyboo @ Monday, May 6 2013, 20:06)
This whole OMG the map is so huge thing makes me suspicious though, cause in all of the trailers and screens we have mostly seen the same areas and the city isn't that huge either.

Remember though they don't want to show every part. Alderney was never seen in any of GTA IV's trailers either.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, May 6 2013, 09:00)
QUOTE (Michael5074 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:20)
Rockstar is hiding something very big ...... my Dick!

It must be one powerful microscope.

Anyway no. I don't see it happening. Sure the fact properties and customization are in despite being alluded to they weren't, but SF and LV have about as much chance of being in GTA V as Zee does being unbanned IMO.

What does it have to take to convince people otherwise?

Exactly why was Zee banned? I mean, yes he was pretty annoying & his schtick wore thin, but the mods let him get away with that for years.

On Topic:
user posted image

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

They will surprise us by delaying it more last minute.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Ben73 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 09:17)
They will surprise us by delaying it more last minute.

I think I can handle a 60 second delay.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 06 May 2013 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE (DontSnitch @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:40)
into a 0.5 square miles map.

There is no way in hell V's Los Santos will be any less than 4 square miles in size at least, no way.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

They are hiding something big.
And I have a few ideas what that is...

- A mission in which you return to Vice City, similar to what we saw in San Andreas. That was an incredibly popular mission and I think they'll do something similar.
- The ability to play as animals. Playing as a stray dog, finding a mate, having children. I have a feeling we could see an animalistic 'game within a game'.
- More frivilous side missions - such as being able to sell your soul to a strange man at a crossroads or something similarly insane.
- A new version of an old character we know and love from the III continuity.

Just some ideas, but that's what I think. Rockstar is hiding something incredible.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nope I think it's just Los Santos, which will be massive, the countryside - massive and Blaine County desert region, which will be huge.
We have see a lot of aerial shots of Los Santos which make it kinda look small but there's parts of it which we haven't seen yet.
When you're down at ground level it is going to feel so big and life like.
The amount of small towns dotted through the countryside and desert, plus forest regions to explore is going to make up for the fact that there isn't any LV or SF.
Los Santos will have plenty of content to keep us busy for years and years.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Monday, May 6 2013, 09:23)
They are hiding something big.
And I have a few ideas what that is...

- A mission in which you return to Vice City, similar to what we saw in San Andreas. That was an incredibly popular mission and I think they'll do something similar.
- The ability to play as animals. Playing as a stray dog, finding a mate, having children. I have a feeling we could see an animalistic 'game within a game'.
- More frivilous side missions - such as being able to sell your soul to a strange man at a crossroads or something similarly insane.
- A new version of an old character we know and love from the III continuity.

Just some ideas, but that's what I think. Rockstar is hiding something incredible.

Can I have the number of your dealer? That stuff you're smoking sounds off the chain.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

As far as the other cities are concerned, I am not expecting them to return. I don't think they have shown nearly the entire map though. I think there will be many small towns similar to SA.

I don't think any of these will happen, but if they really wanted to blow peoples minds they could...

-Include Las Venturas and San Fierro.
-Include CJ as a mission giver, which would totally crap on the "universes" thing.
-Include a mission to Vice City or even Liberty City.
-Include bodybuilding

Again, I don't see any of these things happening.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

No doubt there will be a surpise, But I am pretty sure it won't be anywhere near as massive as SF or LV.

Cam970
  • Cam970

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by Cam970, 06 May 2013 - 09:38 AM.

If there was another city I would simultaneously cry, sh*t myself and p*ss myself.
EDIT:
In CVG's GTA V'o Clock they stated that in the demo they saw Franklin leapt from a helicopter, the view was restricted to 180 degrees as if Rockstar was hiding something...
They also said that one of the maps on this website was pretty damn close to the final thing

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (TheQuestfor100Percent @ Monday, May 6 2013, 09:32)
which would totally crap on the "universes" thing.

That's probably the last thing R* would want to do, given how much confusion people apparently already have about it.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

There's not going to be another city as big as SF or LV - why keep something that big a secret from the media until a few months before release? That's just silly, in my opinion.

It would be phenomenal if there was another, but, realistically, it's a technical feat they're managing to put ONE city in!

Gtalover49
  • Gtalover49

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:11)
Yup. I'm pretty sure LV and SF are in now. There's no way they could have taken 5 years and did just one crappy city.

Please tell me you're joking..have you even been paying attention to all the info they've given and not to mention that the city you call "crappy" is as big as all of Liberty City? And that's only downtown Los Santos, the entire map is 5x larger then Red Dead Redemption when counting the exploitable water we will have. Please think before you speak instead of saying they wasted 5 years on a "crappy" map

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

There won't be another city and anyone thinking there will be is deluding themselves. This isn't 2004, Rockstar aren't trying to recreate GTASA, this is GTA V and clearly their mission in this game is to recreate that SoCal vibe. You can do that with multiple cities but I think that totally removes a lot of the focus which Rockstar prides themselves on. It's all about creating a world with that LA feel, a world which revolves around LA - you don't get that with SF.

macca82
  • macca82

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I remember someone creating this map back in January but listening to all the previews etc, this might be a close representation of what the map will actually be.

In the demo, the guests did say rockstar only showed 180 degree's.. what if the other 180 was behind Franklin and was another city behind him (Los Puerta / Tijuana)?

user posted image

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I don't know about different cities, but I thought it was strange that several previews have referred to it as 'the state of San Andreas.' READ ON:

1. I know IV was set in the state of 'Liberty'.
2. I know that Los Santos is in San Andreas.
3. I know that Rockstar have said adamantly that Los Santos will be the only city (credible enough?).

But what the hell is out there other than the countryside? Why is Los Santos right at the edge of the map (as it was in SA--and don't give me the whole geography thing, because it just seems strange for what appears to be the central location of the game to be at the map's extremity).

But consider this: Heists. Michael's obsession with Hollywood action films. Las Venturas?! For heists to be the focus of the narrative, it seems a bit too much like dropping the ball to exclude LV.

It can't just be countryside. Half of what we'll see in the countryside is just modified from RDR. So that can't be chewing up too much time.

And the biggest argument is this:

How much frigging hype is it going to generate if the third cut in the next trailer is the Las Venturas sign in panoramic view? A la user posted image

BAM. Six billion more pre-orders right there!

... Or something.

totalbender
  • totalbender

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

there seems to be no understanding that the tech and art process is hard enough doing one city, never mind 3 at this level I assume

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (totalbender @ Monday, May 6 2013, 10:11)
there seems to be no understanding that the tech and art process is hard enough doing one city, never mind 3 at this level I assume

Yet all the apparent small towns and natural locations that are interesting enough to warrant their existence will be so much easier?

Personally I think it's unlikely. But what the hell are they hiding? Those three trailers were tailored specifically so that we saw no more than what we've already seen.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

They are hiding a lot from us. I don't think we've even seen anywhere near half of the map yet. There will be lots of things they won't talk about. We'll need to find out on our own.

I seriously doubt SF/LV are in the game. The game is set in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. San Francisco is much further north than LA and Las Vegas ain't even in California. There will be lots of little towns around the map, some bigger than others.

There were rumours of a city based on San Diego which is just south of Los Angeles. On the the Interstate 5 (in V) there is the Los Peurta Freeway which is heading north coming from the south. In real life on the Interstate 5 there is the San Diego Freeway which connects San Diego to Los Angeles. I think it MAY be a hint from Rockstar. Los Puerta sounds like city name to me. Also, Los Puerta = "The Door". San Diego is known as the door to the USA because it's the first major city you'd come across after crossing the border from Mexico. San Diego is still South California and it isn't as big as Los Angeles so they won't need to create a city that is the size of Los Santos. There is plenty of room in the map for it.

So if there is another city I think it will be that. Los Santos & Los Puerta.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 10:20)
They are hiding a lot from us. I don't think we've even seen anywhere near half of the map yet. There will be lots of things they won't talk about. We'll need to find out on our own.

I seriously doubt SF/LV are in the game. The game is set in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. San Francisco is much further north than LA and Las Vegas ain't even in California. There will be lots of little towns around the map, some bigger than others.

There were rumours of a city based on San Diego which is just south of Los Angeles. On the the Interstate 5 (in V) there is the Los Peurta Freeway which is heading north coming from the south. In real life on the Interstate 5 there is the San Diego Freeway which connects San Diego to Los Angeles. I think it MAY be a hint from Rockstar. Los Puerta sounds like city name to me. Also, Los Puerta = "The Door". San Diego is known as the door to the USA because it's the first major city you'd come across after crossing the border from Mexico.

So if there is another city I think it will be that. Los Santos & Los Puerta.

They've gone back on a lot and delayed for quite some time now (overall).

Are they still sticking by this Southern California thing? How many red herrings have been thrown in the development process? They see what goes on in these forums and places like it and know the slightest of hints will lead to discovery, so they've been very careful.

And no, it might not be the same cities as in SA, but LV is an opportunity too big to miss.

Three character trailers now.
Three city trailers later?

I'm just speculating here. Add one pinch of salt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users