Photo

Is rockstar hiding something big

607 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

There's plenty of stuff we have not seen yet that we won't know until we touch the game ourselves.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Yep, they are hiding something alright, and that's Trevor's dick.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (cuoreviola89 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:57)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:46)
So far the gameplay is the only thing they are hiding.

You are the biggest fool if you think they are going to show gameplay. They've NEVER EVER done that with ANY GTA at all, stop being so optimistic. They are however hiding a LARGE part of the map and Multiplayer.

Actually 70% of the videos shown till today are made with gameplay.. maybe with cinematic views, like when you press B (or circle on ps3) while driving in Gta 4, but still gamplay. Watch closely alien.gif

I know that. But he is talking about a proper gameplay, with HUD and everything. At least the trailers are using different cinematics.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by Niall, 06 May 2013 - 12:17 AM.

I think the OP was thinking of this quote, it wasn't from R* and they didn't quite say surprise, but still very telling.

Strauss Zelnick, Take-Two's CEO, discussed Grand Theft Auto V and the recently announced delay during the company's Q3 2013 earnings call, stating that:

"Grand Theft Auto stands alone. Itís a unique property. And I think weíre all extraordinarily excited about this title, and we think itís just going to blow people away frankly at a level I donít think anyone properly anticipates yet."

Source

But I'm sure there will be much more we don't know about the game than what we will know until we play it.

mr_munch
  • mr_munch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

There hiding vice city! You take a flight to Miami and meet the fockers

WedgeAntilles
  • WedgeAntilles

on the braes o' killiecrankie o

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Mexico, would love it if they had the border areas, maybe a smaller take on San Diego and some small Mexican border towns?

Gabeking
  • Gabeking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

well considering multi player hasn't even been revealed yet.. i would say they probably are

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

They might have a small San Diego or another city like that, but definitely not Fierro or Venturas. I mean think about the amount of detail they have already shown in Los Santos with AI being so developed, Character, Car and Gun customization. Then they did an entire underwater world we can explore, then they did an entire countryside with forests and Animals included. Then there is a massive multiplayer upgrade we haven't even seen yet.

I mean seriously? You really think they could implement another entire city like that?

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (cuoreviola89 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:29)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:21)
I believe one article said Los Santos accounts for 1/9 of the land mass. If the other 8/9ths is only countryside, desert, and small-towns people will hate this map more than GTA San Andreas's map. People hated driving two minutes through countryside to get to then next big city, imagine if they have no other big city to drive to.

I know a lot of people expected part of Mexico, but we haven't seen many mexican people in the trailers that would play a big role in the game. I'm hoping for SF and LV but don't know what to think at this point.

1/9 Los Santos, 1/9 other big city, 7/9 countryside with a few minor towns. If the proportions you mentioned are true, this would be a perfect balance

I agree but perhaps there is a city that is the size of Alderney is hidden on the other side of the map and won't be revealed until release. This city could be a new city never before seen in a GTA game.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:57)
We're getting the 1 city and they never said we're getting a surprise on the 17th... not sure where you got that one from OP confused.gif

I read the same thing, though it didn't say there's a surprise for us, R* rep or whoever it was said, we don't want to show fans everything so they will be surprised on the 17 th.

No link, it was an interview from maybe 6 months ago.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

People still belive SF and LV will be in the game?

/facepalm

KINGDW510
  • KINGDW510

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

while rockstar said it takes place in a re-imagined southern california, and correct me if i'm wrong but I still haven't seen them come out and state that other cities like sf and lv were not in the game, while all signs of the naritive point to just ls and the countryside because really that's all they have shown plus all the chaacters start out there in ls and the country side it seems that way

but what I find weird is in the first trailer they showed the vineyards of napa valley which is in northern california, plus they showed the freeway sign for the I5 that goes to northern california, just some little hints, plus Michael says in trailer 1 "why did I move here?" where did he move from? my guess would be liberty city because he says it's for the weather, but he could be from san fierro because in frisco it's usually cold and cloudy and foggy, I'm not saying those cities are in just some stuff to think about

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:08)
I think rockstar is hiding something big like las vegas or san fierro or something like that

They said they will surprise us 17 sep

After all they lied about cutomisations,properties and lots of things smile.gif

So there is a possibilty about LV and SF or maybe san diego

They didn't lie about properties customizations and all that, they just added them in recently. wasn't there before, most likely

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (KINGDW510 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:51)
while rockstar said it takes place in a re-imagined southern california, and correct me if i'm wrong but I still haven't seen them come out and state that other cities like sf and lv were not in the game, while all signs of the naritive point to just ls and the countryside because really that's all they have shown plus all the chaacters start out there in ls and the country side it seems that way

but what I find weird is in the first trailer they showed the vineyards of napa valley which is in northern california, plus they showed the freeway sign for the I5 that goes to northern california, just some little hints, plus Michael says in trailer 1 "why did I move here?" where did he move from? my guess would be liberty city because he says it's for the weather, but he could be from san fierro because in frisco it's usually cold and cloudy and foggy, I'm not saying those cities are in just some stuff to think about

Actually they did come out and say just that back in November i think. They explicitly said those big cities are not in the game. There will only be smaller towns around the map.

As to why the map goes north.. well, we can easily assume that LS in in the south of the map, therefore everything else will be to the north of it.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

I think rockstar is hiding something big like las vegas or san fierro or something like that

They said they will surprise us 17 sep

After all they lied about cutomisations,properties and lots of things smile.gif

Think they changed their minds for the customization and properties which would explain the delay but i hope the "surprise" is multiplayer related

KINGDW510
  • KINGDW510

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:57)
QUOTE (KINGDW510 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:51)

Actually they did come out and say just that back in November i think. They explicitly said those big cities are not in the game. There will only be smaller towns around the map.

As to why the map goes north.. well, we can easily assume that LS in in the south of the map, therefore everything else will be to the north of it.

oh ok, just wondering why they would put those hints in especially the napa valley vineyards, being from northern ca thats the first thing I thought when I seen them, but I'm pretty sure sf and lv will be in future gta titles, actually they will be rockstar said they eventually wanna make a gta with all the cities in the game, but longshot hope we get those cities as dlc

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Okin @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:14)
They are hiding what is north of Salton Sea:

Its not another city, its a mountain range full of snow.

Just my 2c.

This or an island much like santa catalina.

Skraeling
  • Skraeling

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Nothing is being hidden. What would they hide? Only what we see is what's real, all else is just speculation from people who have nothing better to do than doubt what is True wink.gif

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by WhistleBlower, 06 May 2013 - 07:46 AM.

I don't get the Las Venturas bit. Las Vegas is in Nevada. It's a different state.

This isn't like the PS2 days. GTA IV's Liberty City was a more realistic portrayal of New York City so I would expect the same with California for GTA V. Besides, I don't want to pay for DLC to unlock a new portion of the game world. Either it's part of the full game or we won't see it.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Skraeling @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:37)
Nothing is being hidden. What would they hide?

So just how much did Rockstar reveal today "It was a fine line, but we managed to carve out a tiny slice,... and keep pretty much the entire game a secret. As it should be." <- A quote from a Rockstar Representative according to Adriaan.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Just two words:

no
no

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Monday, May 6 2013, 07:50)

So just how much did Rockstar reveal today "It was a fine line, but we managed to carve out a tiny slice,... and keep pretty much the entire game a secret. As it should be." <- A quote from a Rockstar Representative according to Adriaan.

Honestly, I think I prefer it this way. The surprise is much more fun.

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Rockstar have said that information is subject to change before release. Source: Game Informer Article

Therefor SF and LV s is entirely possible, but don't get your hopes up.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Haha365 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:51)

I do to. But the quote from R* shows everybody that anything is possible considering that they still have kept most the game a secret. It adds to the excitement once we do find out new things, along with keeping our hopes up for things we still want to see.

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

I know they won't be in, but hiding things like this would be great. I am tired of developers telling us everything about the game to the point where we don't even need to play it.

Its like movie trailers, and how you have practically seen the entire movie just from the trailer, its the same thing. Developers need to shh!

NexusLordNova
  • NexusLordNova

Lawl I am a Turian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 16:28)
They didn't "lie" about properties and customization, the GI preview was almost a year ago, long before the spring release date and the delay. They obviously decided to add that stuff in because of all the complaining around here.

At the most I'd say they're hiding some small towns like Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, and maybe a desert. And of course lots of cool features you probably won't even notice until you've had the game for years.

the gameinformer preview wasn't even six months ago.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Monday, May 6 2013, 07:55)
QUOTE (Haha365 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:51)

I do to. But the quote from R* shows everybody that anything is possible considering that they still have kept most the game a secret. It adds to the excitement once we do find out new things, along with keeping our hopes up for things we still want to see.

Yes, in this, R* is an expert. Just enough to entice and give the buzz strong.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Ofcourse they'll keep plugging it as a 'best kept secret' until September 17. Even if they have told us everything. It's just marketing... They're not exactly going to say "That's all there is to know about V, so you won't be surprised anymore". Common sense people...

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, May 6 2013, 08:03)
Ofcourse they'll keep plugging it as a 'best kept secret' until September 17. Even if they have told us everything. It's just marketing... They're not exactly going to say "That's all there is to know about V, so you won't be surprised anymore". Common sense people...

If this was the case, then rockstar are dicks.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

I would prefer one big city and it's outer region instead of 3 small cities.

I think Rockstar are saving San Fierro and Las Venturas for GTA VI and VII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users