Photo

Is rockstar hiding something big

607 replies to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:22)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:19)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:17)
There has to be more cities,
But I doubt that we will get more cities confused.gif

What?

Please excuse me, I haven't slept for like 30 hours. I meant that I hope we will get more cities, but I doubt that we will get another city. But I really hope we will get more cities, considering this game is really big, 5 times bigger with the ocean(?) I have a weak memory reading that somewhere.

Again, I am sorry for my poor language in sleep modus.

That was very polite.

Are... are you real?

The.Driver
  • The.Driver

Do you understand?

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I believe they have put a lot of focus on multiplayer. Your multiplayer character is selectable along with Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. They may have implemented some customization (character and weapon) and some type of leveling system like Red Dead.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:17)

What?

Please excuse me, I haven't slept for like 30 hours. I meant that I hope we will get more cities, but I doubt that we will get another city. But I really hope we will get more cities, considering this game is really big, 5 times bigger with the ocean(?) I have a weak memory reading that somewhere.

That was very polite.

Are... are you real?

No, it's an Apologobot. Apologize without sacrificing your ego (patent pending).

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

I think they are hiding a vast mountainous area with ski resorts with snow, San Diego, and a vast desert to accompany the games huge area. I do not think they would add in las venturas or San fierro. There could be even more things

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Think about it this way: "you can't put tattoos on your bodies, nor change haircuts..and about buying proprieties and business, forget it" --> buuuuu!! weeeeee!! ---> "ok just kiddin, you can do all that stuff"

"Ok guys, 1 big city instead of 3..but it'll be reeeally big, trust us! ----> buuuuuu!! weeeee!! wtf?? f*ck you rockstar!! -----> "...release date delayed..."

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

But didn't the guys at CVG say that the map is an island?
I mean you would have to see the whole thing to be able to say if it's one or not or am I wrong?

macca82
  • macca82

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

I have a few ideas of what they are hiding but it links into elements we are currently aware of.

1) There is a city called "Bay City" and possibly another city doubling up as a "San Diego"
2) There is the introduction of gas/fuel for vehicles
3) In addition to buying businesses, you can buy land/ oil rigs/drills and make money
4) Surfing is a mini-game
5) Skiing is a mini-game - some mountains further away have snow
6) The world evolves on the fly (garbage build up on sidewalks/hedges grow/are cut, advertisements in shop windows change, newspapers change,
7) Population System in world. When NPC's are move in/out or are killed, arrested, it has an effect on the district (e.g. Sandy Shores had a poster with a population board.. this changes depending on people moving in/out/arrested/killed etc)

Beee
  • Beee

Beee

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:33)
I mean you would have to see the whole thing to be able to say if it's one or not or am I wrong?

unless they were told, when they asked that asked question tounge.gif

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:33)

Yes. But that was because the demo started with Franklin falling from the sky, so they were watching it in an Aerial view. Rockstar did hide lots of things from them, so they can't actually see the map in a way.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I really hope that there is just Los Santos to be honest. SF and LV were nice but I always felt like LS was where the game was supposed to be focused on the most in SA. I also feel like putting in those two cities will just be a gimmick for those complaining about them not being there.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by GTA564, 05 May 2013 - 10:43 PM.

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:23)
QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:17)

What?

That was very polite.

Are... are you real?

No, it's an Apologobot. Apologize without sacrificing your ego (patent pending).

Ahahaha best reaction I've seen lately

This plugin came with Internet Explorer,chrome and firefox and runs in forums like gta forums

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:11)
Yup. I'm pretty sure LV and SF are in now. There's no way they could have taken 5 years and did just one crappy city.

face desk

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

When do you guys think the official website will be launched??

When was it launched for GTA IV??

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Carmelo2 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:48)
When do you guys think the official website will be launched??

When was it launched for GTA IV??

june ~ july

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

They said the game had to stay secret as it has to be...

GTA4L1fe
  • GTA4L1fe

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Something doesn't add up IMO.

Judging by the screens and trailers released so far, LS seems to be the same size as LC in IV. Now, the map is supposed to be 5(!) times bigger than RDR when you include the underwater area. 3.5 times bigger without the water.

Now, LC in IV is about 70% the size of RDR ( http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=531982 ) which means that the countryside in V will be 2x+ the size of RDR which IMO is an aweful lot of space. Even though the countryside is supposed to feel full of life, I can't see them having 2 RDR maps with just hills and deserts. SF and LV are not in the game, that's a fact, but I can see them add a decent town somewhere in the counryside with the size of LC in GTA III.

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I think Rockstar is hiding something huge. Think about it. Go look at the mapping thread. When trying to find a subway tunnel like the one seen in the Michael pictures, we've not been able to locate anything similar in LA. BUT, we did find one in Washington DC that seems like it matches 88%. Washington DC. WASHINGTON. I believe that we are getting two states, Washington state, along with the city of District of Columbia, then of course Los Santos and the surrounding hills and countryside.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Another thing that should make us think is what they said years ago about planes and airports in Gta IV: "We didn't punt them into Gta IV because it would have been ridiculous with only one city. How could you leave NY just to land again in NY?"

Ok, probably there will be other minor airports, but it still wouldn't make sense following that line of reasoning, because 100% times you leave a big city to land in another big one (i.e. from LV to LS in San Andreas)

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I believe one article said Los Santos accounts for 1/9 of the land mass. If the other 8/9ths is only countryside, desert, and small-towns people will hate this map more than GTA San Andreas's map. People hated driving two minutes through countryside to get to then next big city, imagine if they have no other big city to drive to.

I know a lot of people expected part of Mexico, but we haven't seen many mexican people in the trailers that would play a big role in the game. I'm hoping for SF and LV but don't know what to think at this point.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:21)
I believe one article said Los Santos accounts for 1/9 of the land mass. If the other 8/9ths is only countryside, desert, and small-towns people will hate this map more than GTA San Andreas's map. People hated driving two minutes through countryside to get to then next big city, imagine if they have no other big city to drive to.

I know a lot of people expected part of Mexico, but we haven't seen many mexican people in the trailers that would play a big role in the game. I'm hoping for SF and LV but don't know what to think at this point.

1/9 Los Santos, 1/9 other big city, 7/9 countryside with a few minor towns. If the proportions you mentioned are true, this would be a perfect balance

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:08)
I think rockstar is hiding something big like las vegas or san fierro or something like that

They said they will surprise us 17 sep

After all they lied about cutomisations,properties and lots of things smile.gif

So there is a possibilty about LV and SF or maybe san diego

They didn't lie about properties. At the time, there was NOT any buyable properties in the game. They saw the fans' reaction and said "oh sh*t" and delayed the game 'til sept. so they could add it, and probably car customizations too. They've figured out that fans want it and the game will bomb if it's not in. We don't want no stinkin gta iv.2! mad.gif

That's my theory, anyways.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

The problem is that they probably wouldn't allow the press to come out with bold statements like 3.5 x RDR if it would be bigger than that.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:37)
QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:08)
I think rockstar is hiding something big like las vegas or san fierro or something like that

They said they will surprise us 17 sep

After all they lied about cutomisations,properties and lots of things smile.gif

So there is a possibilty about LV and SF or maybe san diego

They didn't lie about properties. At the time, there was NOT any buyable properties in the game. They saw the fans' reaction and said "oh sh*t" and delayed the game 'til sept. so they could add it, and probably car customizations too. They've figured out that fans want it and the game will bomb if it's not in. We don't want no stinkin gta iv.2! mad.gif

That's my theory, anyways.

If you put it this way, the fans werent happy about the 1 city instead of 3 either

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (cuoreviola89 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:12)
Another thing that should make us think is what they said years ago about planes and airports in Gta IV: "We didn't punt them into Gta IV because it would have been ridiculous with only one city. How could you leave NY just to land again in NY?"

Ok, probably there will be other minor airports, but it still wouldn't make sense following that line of reasoning, because 100% times you leave a big city to land in another big one (i.e. from LV to LS in San Andreas)

That has been my "theory" Since the GTA V reveal trailer lol.

Who knows, right?

Beee
  • Beee

Beee

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Versous @ Monday, May 6 2013, 00:37)
The problem is that they probably wouldn't allow the press to come out with bold statements like 3.5 x RDR if it would be bigger than that.

i actually don't think r* would care about that.. they would just love that they could fool everybody...... though i'm pretty sure they haven't done in this situation.. i'm though pretty sure car customization and possibility of buying property was only a secret, they would wait to announce... i just don't buy the ideas people have, that its the reason for the delay..

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (rare.steak @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:11)
Yup. I'm pretty sure LV and SF are in now. There's no way they could have taken 5 years and did just one crappy city.

Wow, you're a twat. Stop trying to be the attention seeking Zee that we all used to hate and f*ck off.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

So far the gameplay is the only thing they are hiding.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

I don't think there's LV and SF, they've already told us where each character lives, which is in or around Los Santos. I think that they would at least have one protag live somewhere in Venturas or San Fierro.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by GTAfan786, 06 May 2013 - 12:08 AM.

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:46)

They've NEVER EVER done that with ANY GTA at all, stop being so optimistic. They are however hiding a LARGE part of the map and Multiplayer.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:46)

You are the biggest fool if you think they are going to show gameplay. They've NEVER EVER done that with ANY GTA at all, stop being so optimistic. They are however hiding a LARGE part of the map and Multiplayer.

Actually 70% of the videos shown till today are made with gameplay.. maybe with cinematic views, like when you press B (or circle on ps3) while driving in Gta 4, but still gamplay. Watch closely alien.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users