Territories Under Attack (PS2)

22 replies to this topic
BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'm playing the PS2 version of GTA : San Andreas. I have completed all storyline missions ( except Zero's but that doesn't matter ) , I have 100% of territories owned ( including the bayside marina territory ) and i also have used cheats occasionally.
One day I was roaming in the desert , near the big ear on an NRG-500 and suddenly i got a message that i was under attack by Ballas in the Jefferson motel territory. The attack didn't advance but it was annoying. So i rushed to Jefferson ( yeah..) and killed those Ballas. But this has happened more times in random situations
e.g. : Another day I was cruising with a squallo near Gant bridge and i got that message again . Attacked by Ballas in the same territory and the attack didn't advance.
Has anyone a similar problem ? Can cheats alter the gameplay in a way like that ?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

That turf or one of the turfs next to it is probably shared with the Ballas. Grove has the highest density but Ballas still have enough to mount an attack. If CJ hangs out in the various turfs for a while eventually some Ballas will spawn on a corner or in cars that drive by. Kill three in a row to start a gang war and gain total control of the turf.

Button cheats shouldn't have any effect on gang turfs, but there are lots of situations and glitches that can cause a shared turf.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

This will happen if your territory is under attack and you save the game instead of defending it before you get 100% territories because this happen to me I save a game when I was 64.37% I save it when I had territory under attack message but when I got 100% territories owned I had the still getting territory under attack message every now and then. So I started a new game defending the my territory making sure when I save a game there is know territory is under attack message and when I got 100% territories I had no problem so it may be a glitch when saving a game when you get a message your territory is under attack this is on PS2.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

Your problem is either what OrionSR or Hall90 mentioned or both. To add to what Orion said, even if a territory is joint owned, the rival gang needs a minimum stake of 15 (if I recall right) regardless of what percentage Grove owns; to add to what Hall said, I also saved when a territory was under attack resulting in weird bugs such as what he described. A harmless way (besides defending the old fashioned way) to stop rivals from attacking your territories prior to 100% is getting inside a mission vehicle (police car, ambulance, broadway, whatever) and pressing R3.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Saving and triggering R3 missions are both safe ways to cancel an attack if CJ doesn't trigger the attack first. If the little man icon is still blinking then the attackers won't gain any influence. If the individual gang targets are marked on the map then you will mix the turf when you save. This is probably the mostly likely scenario because the attackers will gain the most amount of influence -- enough to meet the minimum density requirements.

The minimum density requirements are 16 and 20, but I forget which number is required for attackers or defenders. It's probably 16 for attackers. And IIRC, 18 can be gained my the attacking gang if all attackers survive the attack. (Yeah, I know; that sentence was repetitively redundant.)

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

As I understand, low density is 1 to 14; high density is 15 to 29; 30 and above is ultra high density and can't be achieved without game altering tools. I notice the highest Ric went was 63, so I think that might be the highest density that won't crash the game.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:52)
Saving and triggering R3 missions are both safe ways to cancel an attack if CJ doesn't trigger the attack first. If the little man icon is still blinking then the attackers won't gain any influence. If the individual gang targets are marked on the map then you will mix the turf when you save.

Orion is right.

Luckily it's easy to find turfs that are shared with Ballas, the map color will be noticeably different, and also the location name on the screen (the name that pops up when you move into a city area) will be green instead of white.

It's harder to find turfs that are shared with Vagos because they can appear green and the location name will be white as normal.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 06 May 2013 - 08:12 AM.

The territory glitch where you fly off the map for hours, it may create territories where Grove, Ballas or Vagos joint own a territory with the Aztecas, Rifas, Triads, etc which results in them shooting each other, pulling each other out of cars, etc. The problem with that is if Ballas or Vagos joint own a territory with Da Nang, Rifas, etc you won't be able to trigger gang wars without codes.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:02)
QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:52)
Saving and triggering R3 missions are both safe ways to cancel an attack if CJ doesn't trigger the attack first. If the little man icon is still blinking then the attackers won't gain any influence. If the individual gang targets are marked on the map then you will mix the turf when you save.

Orion is right.

Luckily it's easy to find turfs that are shared with Ballas, the map color will be noticeably different, and also the location name on the screen (the name that pops up when you move into a city area) will be green instead of white.

It's harder to find turfs that are shared with Vagos because they can appear green and the location name will be white as normal.

You guys have a point on the shared territories ( I also saved and used R3 to skip attacks ) but if the territories were shared with ballas would i still have 100% of territories owned ?
Though my real problem is that i get attacked even when I'm outside of Los Santos which is ( as far as I know ) not normal.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by hall90, 06 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

BillDimebag when you said if the territories were shared with ballas would I still have 100% of territories owned ? Yes you will you get 100% territories but not If you Save or trigged R3 missions when you get a message territories are under attack.

when you said I get attacked even when I'm outside of Los Santos who attacked you.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (hall90 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 12:58)
when you said  I get attacked even when I'm outside of Los Santos who attacked you.

The Ballas

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

The countdown timer for the next gang war still runs when CJ is not in Los Santos, it just runs very slowly.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, May 6 2013, 14:21)
The countdown timer for the next gang war still runs when CJ is not in Los Santos, it just runs very slowly.

I really didn't know that but still my territories shouldn't be attacked outside of los santos ( or not ???)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I should have said the next attack timer counts down more slowly when CJ is outside of Los Santos, but attacks will still occur. Attacks can still occur if Grove controls 100% of territories if one or more turfs is shared with a rival gang of sufficient density. Everything sound normal. Identify any shared turfs and start a war to eliminate the remaining rival gangs and there will be no more attacks.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:49)
I should have said the next attack timer counts down more slowly when CJ is outside of Los Santos, but attacks will still occur. Attacks can still occur if Grove controls 100% of territories if one or more turfs is shared with a rival gang of sufficient density. Everything sound normal. Identify any shared turfs and start a war to eliminate the remaining rival gangs and there will be no more attacks.

Ok , if that sounds normal...Thank you all ! I'm going to go back to LS and check for shared territories...

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by hall90, 07 May 2013 - 01:55 AM.

If you get 100% gang territories owned and later you get a message your hood is under attack there is no way to stop getting the message your hood is under attack.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

@hall90. Your observations are incomplete so the information you are providing is inaccurate. You may want to repeat your observations using the notes provided above regarding cancelling an attack and shared territories.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 10:18)
@hall90. Your observations are incomplete so the information you are providing is inaccurate. You may want to repeat your observations using the notes provided above regarding cancelling an attack and shared territories.

When BillDimebag said he has 100% gang territories and he still get the message your hood is under attack there is no way to stop it.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

Dude, that was supposed to be a polite way to tell you that you're wrong. Repeating your assertions won't make them more true.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by hall90, 07 May 2013 - 02:58 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 11:55)
Dude, that was supposed to be a polite way to tell you that you're wrong. Repeating your assertions won't make them more true.

what I am saying when you have taken over 100% gang territory and get that message your hood is under attack how can you stop from getting it.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

The solution has already been posted in this topic. I don't see any point in repeating it.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

The best solution is prevention. Refrain from allowing rival gangs to integrate density into your territories as to curb confusion.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, May 6 2013, 00:54)
That turf or one of the turfs next to it is probably shared with the Ballas. Grove has the highest density but Ballas still have enough to mount an attack. If CJ hangs out in the various turfs for a while eventually some Ballas will spawn on a corner or in cars that drive by. Kill three in a row to start a gang war and gain total control of the turf.

Button cheats shouldn't have any effect on gang turfs, but there are lots of situations and glitches that can cause a shared turf..

Man you got it bullseye . The territory in Jefferson was shared. After i got it back the attacks stopped smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users