Winter Mod 3.0

15 replies to this topic
Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by Flame, 16 January 2015 - 12:31 AM.

Winter Mod 3.0
Updated edition

0_c9285_86c03a6_M.jpg

Imagine that Vice City is covered with snow. Imagine  that а lot of snow fell — a layer of fresh snow covered not only the roads and lawns, but also the roofs of houses, shops... The passers have to dress warmer, cars are sliding on slippery surfaces, the strong wind is blowing, and that's all perfectly suited to upcoming winter holidays in the city.

Winter Mod 3.0 — is a global winter modification which transfigures summer Vice City into a real winter town, like in Christmas stories.

logo.png

After the installation all city is covered with snow! All roads, grass, roofs are covered with snow, no detail was missed. Used high resolution and high quality textures; LOD-textures also have been replaced.

All pedestrians are clothed in warm clothes. Four new skins for Tommy (in cut-scenes he also can be dressed in warm clothes). Ability to walk, not only run.

Freeride Mode (with this option you can play the game without missions and storyline, only free discovering the city).

Winter weather: long evenings and nights, gloomy sky, snow is falling; you can hear the howling of wind.

New radio station with songs (duration: about one hour) that dedicated for Christmas and New Year (and yet another radio station you can install from Bonus folder).

Graphic also heavy enhanced: added new visual effects — bloom, motion blur, color correction, realtime reflections, anisotropic filtration, vignette and aliasing. With powerful menu you can configure each option of the mod and change different settings. And all these — not all changes that were made for this mod.

This is the first cross-platfrom mod for GTA, because it is released not only for PC (main version) but also (as experimental version) for Android, first global modification for mobile GTA: Vice City and first winter mod for this game.

Download the new, updated in December 2014 version of the mod, with fixes and improvements!

Author: Flame

Release dates:
  • 5 May 2013 — original version
  • 31 December 2014 — updated edition

----------------------------------------------------

Download mod

Winter Mod 3.0 (Updated) (Windows) (570 Mb)

This is main version of the mod. By the way, mod with fully automatic installation.

78932.png
Mirrors: Google Drive, Deposit FIles

Winter Mod 3.0 for Android (Updated) (338 Mb)

This is experimental port of the mod for Android. This version does not show all the features and quality from main version.

78943.png
Mirror: Google Drive

Screenshots and video

0_175f55_6e054efc_S.jpg 0_175f54_4b8b7ad3_S.jpg 0_175f53_42845b4f_S.jpg

0_c9259_974d5d9d_S.jpg 0_c9260_5a5ed4bc_S.jpg 0_c9265_257e9e63_S.jpg

0_c9257_c9e55996_S.jpg 0_c925d_aadc3971_S.jpg 0_c9255_a0d0b2eb_S.jpg

See also galleries with all screenshots from different versions of the mod

Videos from mod: all trailers, game walkthrough.

Official site of the mod (in Russian)

Previous versions

Non-updated version 3.0 you can download here: for PC (389 Mb), for Android (177 Mb).
You can update this 2013 version to 2014 re-released version with this update.

Latest in previous (2x) generation version 2.3 you can download (and read details and see screenshots): here.

See also list of versions on the official site of the mod.

• SuberSeb and joyx like this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Is it just me, or is the vegetation still the same? Would have been awesome if you implemented the BSOR for Vice City, as the default vegetation seen in videos is just ugly.
Also, astonishing job of making an Android version, too bad my phone can't run Vice City well. confused.gif
Anyways, awesome, will test it...and see if the ENBSeries still lags because of my crappy GPU.

Now that this is released, does it mean that the works on HRT 1.4, will be super fast now, right?

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:17)
Is it just me, or is the vegetation still the same? Would have been awesome if you implemented the BSOR for Vice City, as the default vegetation seen in videos is just ugly.
Also, astonishing job of making an Android version, too bad my phone can't run Vice City well. confused.gif
Anyways, awesome, will test it...and see if the ENBSeries still lags because of my crappy GPU.

Now that this is released, does it mean that the works on HRT 1.4, will be super fast now, right?

Vegetation textures in very high resolution now (models are old), looks better then in original game. By the way, in mod used not only new snow textures, but also new minor textures for some places and objects, made in style of original, but in high quality. Some of them from HRT 1.4. smile.gif

Yes, works on HRT will be faster; I was extremely difficult to do immediately two mods.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 06 May 2013 - 05:49 AM.

I've played it for a while, surprisingly it wasn't lagging at all with all HQ graphics. It looks stable and just awesome. The weather is just really nice. Nice usage of SweetFX and separate IMG archive, for perhaps better stability? I dunno, but anyways, you rock Flame!

Also, what are the Easter Eggs you mentioned in the Readme? Just curious. biggrin.gif
I've found three:
- "newspaper02_64" 2nd variant of the newspapers floating around (appears only after the mission "Dildo Dodo" is completed), with a Russian picture saying "Happy New Year!".
- new message on the Frankie outfit.
- Mod's name and author on "radar62", second-to-last radar texture.

I was talking about this part of vegetation, the rest is fine.
user posted image

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am glad that you are so quickly downloaded mod and playing with it. icon14.gif

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:32)
I've found three

Well done! When I reading about found Easter eggs it sounds for me (do not why) scary. ph34r.gif Do not say about all. biggrin.gif

Yes, separate IMG-archive also convenient for many reasons. The visual component in this mod was very important for me, I wanted to do everything beautiful. But textures of palm trees are not ideal, yes.

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by flame1251, 23 February 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Today I have posted

Winter Mod 3.0 (GTA Vice City) — game walkthrough, part 10

- it's last (at least at the moment) video from the series of videos with game walkthrough.

Other videos with walkthrough of Vice City with installed Winter Mod 3.0 you can see here.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Heh, wrong link, goes to Cathedral from HRT biggrin.gif

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 10:16)
Heh, wrong link, goes to Cathedral from HRT biggrin.gif

Fixed, thanks. smile.gif

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Why This mod don't have an Xbox Cars?

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

I minimally used third-party things in my mod; you can try install cars mod after Winter Mod.

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by AtikiN, 23 May 2014 - 12:05 PM.

I minimally used third-party things in my mod; you can try install cars mod after Winter Mod.

Download Xbox-version, and make own convertion of this, or use consersion by DimZet

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

How does this work on gta vice city android

Where do I save it?

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by flame1251, 04 June 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Where do I save it?

You can read how to install mod in ReadMe, in archive with mod.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by DON CLAUDE, 17 June 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Where do I save it?

You can read how to install mod in ReadMe, in archive with mod.

Im downloading now
Also are there any other gta vice city android mods

IT DIDN'T WORK GTA VICE CITY snosnow OR ANDROID

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:06 AM Edited by Flame, 03 January 2015 - 10:41 PM.

Winter Mod 3.0 was released in updated edition and available on Mod DB

In this New Year one of my the best mods, Winter Mod 3.0, was released in updated edition!

Winter Mod 3.0 (Updated) on Mod DB

I suggest you read some citations from the news on Mod DB, that was published earlier.

Winter Mod 3.0 for GTA: Vice City invites you into the winter fantasy: Vice City is fully covered with snow. A huge layer of snow covered roads and lawns, roofs of houses and shops, even trees are in the snow now. Passers have to dress warmly. Car drivers must be cautious: they slide on the snow surface. You hear noise of blizzard, snow falls huge flakes, and it becomes clear: this is a real winter!

Mod contains a lot of technical innovations, included really unique for GTA: Vice City: game looks really cool with using of high quality materials and a powerful combination of two graphics libraries that add a lot of new modern effects: bloom, realtime reflections, motion blur, anisotropic filtration, aliasing, vignette (darkening of the edges), colour correction, additional sharpness etc. With new particle effects (water, sky, fire) game looks so good, as never before. (...)

All pedestrians clothed into more worm clothes, Tommy is also not left without new things in the locker room: and in the game, and in cutscenes he can be dressed into new clothes. (...)

I hope, you spend a lot of wonderful minutes in covered with snow Vice City, driving on the roads and listening songs about winter. Happy New Year!

Winter Mod 3.0 for PC (main version, recommended):
78932.png

Winter Mod 3.0 for Android (experimental port):
78943.png

• Neddo likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:29 AM Edited by Flame, 16 January 2015 - 12:43 AM.

Few days ago (10 January 2014) archive with PC version of the mod was re-uploaded on the all mirrors: fixed some installer glitches; size of the installer is smaller (on 122 Mb; used some tricks for better compression).

Also was released Winter Mod (update — from 3.0 to 3.0 Updated): you can update Winter Mod 3.0 (2013) to re-released 2014 version! This update (with weight 216 Mb) must be installed over the previous version of the mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users