Photo

Winter Mod 3.0

13 replies to this topic
flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by flame1251, 04 July 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Winter Mod 3.0

logo.png

Suppose that Vice City is covered with snow. Suppose that а lot of snow fell — a layer of snow covered not only the roads and lawns, but also the roofs of houses, shops... The passers have to dress warmer, cars are sliding on slippery surfaces, the strong wind is blowing, and that's all perfectly suited to upcoming winter holidays in the city.

Winter Mod 3.0 — is a global winter modification which transfigures summer Vice City into a real winter town, like in Christmas stories.

After the installation all city is covered with snow! All roads, grass, roofs are covered with snow, no detail was missed. Used high resolution and high quality textures; LOD-textures also have been replaced. All pedestrians are clothed in warm clothes. Four new skins for Tommy (in cut-scenes he also can be dressed in warm clothes). Ability to walk, not only run. Winter weather: long evenings and nights, gloomy sky, snow is falling; you can hear the howling of wind. New radio-station with songs (duration: about one hour) that dedicated for Christmas and New Year (and yet another radio-station you can install from Bonus folder).

Graphic also heavy enhanced: added new visual effects — bloom, motion blur, color correction, realtime reflections, anisotropic filtration, vignette and aliasing. With powerful menu you can configure each option of the mod and change different settings. And all these — not all changes that were made for this mod.

By the way, Winter Mod 3.0 is a first multi-platform mod for GTA: it's released not only for PC, but also for Android.

P.S. This is the most retarded mod. Initially I wanted to release it in February. Many technical problems delayed the development, but better late than never. Version for Android — it is experiment, this version not shown the quality of PC-version and made in such a way as can be done with currently existing non-ideal programs.

Author: Flame.

Release date:
  • 5 May 2013

1m.jpg 2m.jpg 3m.jpg

4m.jpg 5m.jpg 6m.jpg

7m.jpg 8m.jpg 9m.jpg

See also gallery with screenshots

Videos from mod: trailers
Videos from mod: game walkthrough

Official site (in Russian)

Download

PC (Windows) (389 Mb):
Deposit Files
Letitbit

Android (experimental version for GTA Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition*) (177 Mb):
Deposit Files
Letitbit

Release date: 5 May 2013.

* About Android-version

Winter Mod 3.0 ported for Android as experiment that made in such a way, as can be done with currently existing terrible programs. After the installation all city is covered with snow; winter weather (long evenings and nights, snow is falling), new radio-station with songs (duration: about one hour) that dedicated for Christmas and New Year, new skins for Tommy; cars are sliding on slippery surfaces; improved visual effects. You can install mod in few variants of installation: install with all changes or install only some files (radio, weather, skins).

Modification is tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III (GPU: Mali 400), I can not guarantee compatibility with all devices. Install at their own risk and make backup. Also do not forget about main PC-version with more different features and ideal debugged. See screenshots from Android-version here.
  • SuberSeb likes this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Is it just me, or is the vegetation still the same? Would have been awesome if you implemented the BSOR for Vice City, as the default vegetation seen in videos is just ugly.
Also, astonishing job of making an Android version, too bad my phone can't run Vice City well. confused.gif
Anyways, awesome, will test it...and see if the ENBSeries still lags because of my crappy GPU.

Now that this is released, does it mean that the works on HRT 1.4, will be super fast now, right?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:17)
Is it just me, or is the vegetation still the same? Would have been awesome if you implemented the BSOR for Vice City, as the default vegetation seen in videos is just ugly.
Also, astonishing job of making an Android version, too bad my phone can't run Vice City well. confused.gif
Anyways, awesome, will test it...and see if the ENBSeries still lags because of my crappy GPU.

Now that this is released, does it mean that the works on HRT 1.4, will be super fast now, right?

Vegetation textures in very high resolution now (models are old), looks better then in original game. By the way, in mod used not only new snow textures, but also new minor textures for some places and objects, made in style of original, but in high quality. Some of them from HRT 1.4. smile.gif

Yes, works on HRT will be faster; I was extremely difficult to do immediately two mods.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 06 May 2013 - 05:49 AM.

I've played it for a while, surprisingly it wasn't lagging at all with all HQ graphics. It looks stable and just awesome. The weather is just really nice. Nice usage of SweetFX and separate IMG archive, for perhaps better stability? I dunno, but anyways, you rock Flame!

Also, what are the Easter Eggs you mentioned in the Readme? Just curious. biggrin.gif
I've found three:
- "newspaper02_64" 2nd variant of the newspapers floating around (appears only after the mission "Dildo Dodo" is completed), with a Russian picture saying "Happy New Year!".
- new message on the Frankie outfit.
- Mod's name and author on "radar62", second-to-last radar texture.

I was talking about this part of vegetation, the rest is fine.
user posted image

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am glad that you are so quickly downloaded mod and playing with it. icon14.gif

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:32)
I've found three

Well done! When I reading about found Easter eggs it sounds for me (do not why) scary. ph34r.gif Do not say about all. biggrin.gif

Yes, separate IMG-archive also convenient for many reasons. The visual component in this mod was very important for me, I wanted to do everything beautiful. But textures of palm trees are not ideal, yes.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by flame1251, 23 February 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Today I have posted

Winter Mod 3.0 (GTA Vice City) — game walkthrough, part 10

- it's last (at least at the moment) video from the series of videos with game walkthrough.

Other videos with walkthrough of Vice City with installed Winter Mod 3.0 you can see here.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Heh, wrong link, goes to Cathedral from HRT biggrin.gif

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 10:16)
Heh, wrong link, goes to Cathedral from HRT biggrin.gif

Fixed, thanks. smile.gif

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Why This mod don't have an Xbox Cars?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

I minimally used third-party things in my mod; you can try install cars mod after Winter Mod.

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by AtikiN, 23 May 2014 - 12:05 PM.

I minimally used third-party things in my mod; you can try install cars mod after Winter Mod.

Download Xbox-version, and make own convertion of this, or use consersion by DimZet

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

How does this work on gta vice city android

Where do I save it?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by flame1251, 04 June 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Where do I save it?

You can read how to install mod in ReadMe, in archive with mod.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by DON CLAUDE, 17 June 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Where do I save it?

You can read how to install mod in ReadMe, in archive with mod.

Im downloading now
Also are there any other gta vice city android mods

IT DIDN'T WORK GTA VICE CITY snosnow OR ANDROID

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users