Mission "Ryder"...

20 replies to this topic
typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Once again, I've played the mission "Ryder"(I like playing the storyline missions over and over again) and two unusual things happened:
1.I spent all my $500 on the most expensive haircut(which is exactly $500) thus I was left with 0$. However, after I walked into the pizza restaurant and then into the red marker, I automatically received $2.
2.After Ryder and I got out of the restaurant and I killed the angry pizza parlor. I scrolled through my weapons and I had nothing in my shotgun slot. I walked over to the pump-action shotgun that the parlor had dropped and got the message "press return to pick up this weapon, it will replace any weapon of the same type", which confused me, because I knew that my shotgun slot was empty. Then I scrolled through my weapons again and realized that a sawn-off shotgun had appeared in my inventory! Where did it come from?

I didn't mod the game before this happened, nor have I used any cheats on the respective save file. I don't know if these have happened to me before, because I didn't pay enough attention the previous times I did the mission.
Any idea why these happened? Have they happened to anyone else?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

1. The game gave you some money, in order to not make it impossible to pass.
2. When you have a weapon in a slot, like you said a sawn-off shotgun, and you waste all it's ammo, the weapon disappears, but it's still hidden there, just not visible from the HUD when you're scrolling though the weapons list. If you want to pick another weapon from the same slot, like you said a regular shotgun, then the game will say if you want to replace it, since there's still a hidden sawn-off in that weapons slot. It's a bug (or a feature) found also in III and VC if I recall correctly.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

The shotgun stuff could be a leftover from your previously saved game ( if you had a shotgun before you start over.) There were some bugs in san andreas which occurred if you start over like a message saying " respect depleted ".

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by typicalgamer, 05 May 2013 - 06:21 PM.

To made things more clear:
Before that mission, I had a sawn-off and consumed all of its ammo.
The strange thing is, the game gave me some sawn-off ammo when I tried to pick up the regular shotgun which had been dropped by the parlor. Just before trying to pick up the dropped shotgun, my shotgun slot was empty.

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (typicalgamer @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:18)
To made things more clear:
Before that mission, I had a sawn-off and consumed all of its ammo.
The strange thing is, the game gave me some sawn-off ammo when I tried to pick up the regular shotgun which had been dropped by the parlor. Just before trying to pick up the dropped shotgun, my shotgun slot was empty.

Then MrMateczko got it. I think it's just as he said .

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (typicalgamer @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:18)
I had a sawn-off and consumed all of its ammo.

It's part of the game's tutorial.
Climb on Sweet's Roof and then go under the bridge South of CJ's House for more of the tutorial.
Where did you get a sawed-off shotgun that early in the game (railcar in Gray's Imports?)
EXPLORE: for more (or use the Weapons Guide spoilers)

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:49)
Where did you get a sawed-off shotgun that early in the game (railcar in Gray's Imports?)

Sprayed 100 Gang Tags seems much easier for me.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Excellent! I too do them early.

Once you have had the Sawed-off (weapon) in the slot you have to use the Action Key to pick up another type of shotgun (weapon).
Merely walking through a 'prize drop' will only add the ammunition count to your existing weapon.

Walking through a Spinning Pickup will add neither the ammo nor weapon to CJ's inventory unless the Action key pressed.

This is what I was trying to demonstrate using Sweet's roof and the Bridge.
So, when you encounter the Pizza shotgun you must use the action key to pick it up. (Change from the sawed off to pump shotgun.)

While CJ holds the Bouquet of Flowers you can explore the Police Headquarters using this method to pick-up the Regular Shotgun. If you show any kind of weapon in the PDHQ you will be attacked.

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (lilweasel)

No.
I picked it up from the rooftop of the the Pig Pen strip club.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:48)
2. When you have a weapon in a slot, like you said a sawn-off shotgun, and you waste all it's ammo, the weapon disappears, but it's still hidden there, just not visible from the HUD when you're scrolling though the weapons list. If you want to pick another weapon from the same slot, like you said a regular shotgun, then the game will say if you want to replace it, since there's still a hidden sawn-off in that weapons slot. It's a bug (or a feature) found also in III and VC if I recall correctly.

Both are correct.
Except for the GTA III part, GTA III didn't have "press Tab (PC)/ L1 (PS2)/user posted image (XBOX) to replace the weapon" because you didn't have to change weapons, you had all of them!

Anyway, it's pretty interesting how come you get free cash to buy a Pizza in the "Ryder" mission. rolleyes.gif .

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

In Los Santos they GIVE you money to get fat lol

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Anyway, it's pretty interesting how come you get free cash to buy a Pizza in the "Ryder" mission

Well, IF you spend all your cash on the haircut and the game did not give you any money when entering the Pizza place, then the mission would be impossible to pass(since the part where you have to buy a pizza is required to finish the mission)..So, that is normal and NOT a glitch.

As for the weapons, IF you use ALL ammo for a current weapon it will not show on the screen anymore, since the ammo count is 0..However, it *may* still be in inventory(just invisible) until you either get more ammo OR replace it with another weapon from that group.

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 13:48)

This

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Indeed, I've realized that the ammo bug happens in GTA Vice City and GTA 4 as well.
But I've just had another strange thing happening in this mission: I buy the flat top haircut, which is among the most expensive($500) and when I exit the barber shop, Ryder continues insulting Old Reece("sh*t! I told you he was crazy. Man, you jacked up!") instead of changing his opinion about him("You know something? I take it back. Old Reece still got cracking!").

Normally, Ryder was supposed to call Reece "crazy" when you get a cheap haircut, or take back the insults when you get an expensive haircut.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's the style not the expense that tips Ryder one way or the other.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

You need to buy Afro with beard for Ryder to change his dialogue. At least that works for me. Other Afro styles might work as well.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Scoodododododododododoo

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:49)

Or you could just climb to the top of the Pig Pen to get one, since it's near the alley where CJ is dumped at the start of the game.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

During the pizza eating segment of this mission, I always overfeed CJ causing him to barf during the cut scene. It brings me forth giggles every time.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

If you select the cornrows Ryder says he takes it back, Ol Reese still got it crackin'

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 15:54)
If you select the cornrows Ryder says he takes it back, Ol Reese still got it crackin'

Or the Afro, or any other expensive haircut.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 06:50)
During the pizza eating segment of this mission, I always overfeed CJ causing him to barf during the cut scene. It brings me forth giggles every time.

Who doesn't?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users