9 replies to this topic
Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

The following reason was given for this verbal warning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excuse me?

' No flaming (Antagonistic, slanderous, racist, or sexist comments will not be tolerated)'

Go have a read: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=137906

Yet I don't think I broke the rule of sexism. What I said was that female cops are inferior to male cops.

Can you tell me that this is not true? Males are proven to be smarter, stronger etc.. than females which makes it obvious that they will serve as better cops, hence female cops being inferior to them. I wish my warning to be removed and I will take it easy on posting since this forum is not like others. I apologize If I have upset someone but my warning was not fair.

By the same logic I can get a warning for saying that a nissan 350z (random car) is inferior in drag racing to a pagani zonda.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Your opinions aren't that extreme so my guess is that you got warned because you stated your opinion without giving any room for discussion, maybe it came across as trolling when it wasn't or something. I haven't seen the posts in question and i don't wanna be a backseat moderator, these are just my 2 cents.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:41)
By the same logic I can get a warning for saying that a nissan 350z (random car) is inferior in drag racing to a pagani zonda.

If you hadn't said this, I'd have actually thought you were being serious. You do know cars are inanimate objects, right? It's not even like comparing apples and oranges; it's much farther than that.

Here's what I have to say;
1. Females are not always weaker or dumber than men. Just because you like to generalize, does not make your opinion a fact.
2. Your warning was perfectly deserved and it's not going to be removed.
3. Learn from what you've been told not to do so that you don't repeat such things and get warned again.

If you find it hard to digest our rules, then you're free to find yourself another forum.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 10:29)
QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:41)

If you hadn't said this, I'd have actually thought you were being serious. You do know cars are inanimate objects, right? It's not even like comparing apples and oranges; it's much farther than that.

Here's what I have to say;
1. Females are not always weaker or dumber than men. Just because you like to generalize, does not make your opinion a fact.
2. Your warning was perfectly deserved and it's not going to be removed.
3. Learn from what you've been told not to do so that you don't repeat such things and get warned again.

If you find it hard to digest our rules, then you're free to find yourself another forum.

I don't want to argue with you but 1. has been proven many times and it is well a fact (not all)

2.If you think so then ok, every forum is different.

3.I'll take it easy on this forum. I will do my best to not upset other users.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 16:10)
1. has been proven many times and it is well a fact (not all)

Not all? You're just contradicting yourself there, bro.

2.If you think so then ok, every forum is different.

Yes, it is. And as has been clearly mentioned in our rules, we don't tolerate sexism.

3.I'll take it easy on this forum. I will do my best to not upset other users.

Good luck.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

So you think saying women are less intelligent and less competent isn't sexist? And you're reasoning for that is that it's "proven"?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 05 May 2013 - 09:23 PM.

let me guess, a woman (Dutchy3010) gave you that warning?

Look at my log and tell me what's really unfair:

From Girish: "Entry added to log on Friday, Jan 18 2013, 16:46 Reminder Dude, you just posted quadruple times in succession. Don't do that. Use the EDIT button if you wish to add anything to your previous post."

From Knife: "Entry added to log on Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:34 Reminder You've replied to a couple topics that are from 2005, those topics that are 7 years old! Check how old a topic is before you reply to it."

From Andrew: "Entry added to log on Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 22:17 Verbal Warning Please do not reply to spam, report it and move on."

From GT-1: "Entry added to log on Monday, Apr 22 2013, 18:39 Reminder for abusing the report system. Don't report a member, staff or otherwise simply because you disagree with their comments."

What I don't understand is how responding to spammers is worse than false reporting.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 05 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:57)
let me guess, a woman (Dutchy3010) gave you that warning?

He said administrator, jelly in this case, not global moderator.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:57)
What I don't understand is how responding to spammers is worse than false reporting.

Reminders are less severe compared to verbal warnings. It's always dependent on the decision of each staff member. Well, for example, it's possible that if another staff member would have seen it that you post four times in a row, that this certain staff member would have warned you! Replying to spam is just as bad as spamming itself, hence why you were warned for it. You have only been reminded for abusing the report-system maybe because it happened only one time, however, only you [and the staff] can know that.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

I think the warning was actually for this post rather than the one that you are implying.

If so, it is certainly deserved.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Fair or unfair, it was issued by an admin.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users