Quantcast

» «
Photo

Vemma Pyramid Scheme?

5 replies to this topic
thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Two people from my high school tried to get me in on this multi-level marketing product called Verve, it's an energy drink and its supposed to be good (I don't like energy drinks, I'd rather have a coke) and its made by a company called Vemma. The whole thing smells like a pyramid scheme to me and I'm not giving them my money. One of them is my friend and I'm kind of offended that he asked me and the other one posts all about it on Facebook and has people over for what can best be described as a tupperware party but for energy drinks. The person in the ring above them lives in Hawaii and we live in Pennsylvania. It just doesn't seem right to me but I didn't say anything to them. But, they tried to rope in one of my good friends and me, another friend and his dad told him that it was a really bad idea.

More and more people from where I live are doing it, and I'm wondering is this happening in other parts of the US and world? Do you know anyone in one? (have they made money?) and have you ever been asked to join a similar "business opportunity"?

There's a Penn and Teller Bullsh*t episode called "easy money" for anyone interested or who wants to learn more.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by lil weasel, 05 May 2013 - 06:44 AM.

They have a Web Site for their Plan... http://www.vemma.com/

From a quick looksy I would be thinking it's a scam too.
Actually I think this topic is a come-on disguised as a question smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

Seems to be an Indian company and their office address is about 45 minutes from where I live. Never heard of them though.

If it's a scam, I have to say it's a pretty elaborate one.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm not sure if its a scam because there is a definite product. And weasel, whats that supposed to mean? wink.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I like pyramids.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

It's a legalised pyramid scheme, pretty much. How it remains legal requires a lot of boring, legalese-strewn blabbering which I won't bother explaining since it's only contextual and doesn't really explain anything more than this: if you enter it, you're pretty much guaranteed on losing your money, so don't get involved. A friend of mine tried to get me on board with a cosmetics company which operated under a similar umbrella. The guy who I met with (a mate of the friend who tried to get me on board) literally drew a f*cking pyramid on the piece of paper when explaining to me how the payment system works, and couldn't connect the dots for himself that literally most of the company's revenue was going straight towards the top.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users