Syria: Israel bombed research center near Damascus

75 replies to this topic
Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:36)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 10:48)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 10:33)
They were probably aiming for a school or something.

This only confirms my previous opinion on how damn s****d you are.

Was any further confirmation really required?

user posted image

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Master Headhunter, 05 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 04:17)
QUOTE (860 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 03:16)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 08:45)
Not a single f*ck was given from within US borders.

Why is the US on Israel's leash? What's in it for them?

Oh, I noticed that people of the US do not care about anything that happens outside their borders, But in turn, Expect the world to care when sh*t happens to them.

Thought this was obvious enough that I wouldn't have to explain. Oh well. tounge.gif

I'm gonna have to pull you up on that, it isn't that Americans don't care about the outside world in general.
Being over in the 'sandbox' for well over a decade just is completely loathing to us and we're mostly sick of it all. So hearing of these 'escalating' events like this just makes us groan and slide back into our chairs, as if we needed to stay in the area any longer.
Then there goes our 'ally' kicking sh*t off again when we (as US citizens) want out of that area.

Then there is the debate behind why we still support Israel to an almost idiotic level sometimes but thats starting to get away from the initial point here.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:21)
QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:17)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:07)
QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:01)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 05:45)
Not a single f*ck was given from within US borders.

Not a single f*ck was given from within UK borders.

I bet sivispacem disagrees.

Oh yeah, I forgot about our SIS representative. Where is he these days?

I was wondering the exact same thing the order day. Maybe he is assigned to another location. deleted to safeguard SIS operational security Who knows?

Edit: Checked his profile, he signed in about an hour ago.

I'm always signed in on my phone.

Care to explain to me why I would care about Israel targeting Syria's chemical weapons capability? That's beneficial for everyone and I sincerely hope they continue to do so. I think you must have me confused with someone else if you think I'm pro Palestinian. Especially given that I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on Israeli use of force since 1973.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (860 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:54)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 16:52)
We should be glad we have Israel.

I'd rather have Palestine.

Another country full of possible terrorists? no thanks.

Kudos to Israel for having guts to do something when most countries are cowards (e.g. India). i really wish my country follow the steps of israel to protect it's citizens!

Yes. i support israel

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by GTAfan786, 05 May 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Look at Palestine, innocent people there are getting killed for no reason, especially the way Israel is treating them while Israel are bombing a vulnerable country and trying to show off their "Power". By the way, the government doesn't have "Enough" evidence to prove they have chemical weapons, just a limited amount. This is probably going to end in a similar way like Iraq.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 03:39)
i really wish my country follow the steps of israel to protect it's citizens!

You mean intimidate all your neighbours to the point that full scale full involving multiple actors, completely tearing up an already unstable region, becomes a real possibility? Or did you just want to bust into one neighbouring country, level it to the ground and turn it into a violently oppressed ghetto with barbed wire fences around the critical infrastructure?

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think they might of did that because Syria is allies with Iran and we all know Iran and Israel hate each others so they bombed Syria to see what Iran will do.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:46)

You mean intimidate all your neighbours to the point that full scale full involving multiple actors, completely tearing up an already unstable region, becomes a real possibility? Or did you just want to bust into one neighbouring country, level it to the ground and turn it into a violently oppressed ghetto with barbed wire fences around the critical infrastructure?

Why not? If your neighbours are terrorising your country with jihads/suicide bombers, Nuclear weapons and Full scale war, i don't see any other option other than to f*ck up your neighbour.

What will you do if you are being terrorised by your neighbour?

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:53)

Why not? If your neighbours are terrorising your country with jihads/suicide bombers, Nuclear weapons and Full scale war, i don't see any other option other than to f*ck up your neighbour.

He'd most likely be outside of his governments offices waving peace placards.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:02)

Yes, because there is absolutely no middle ground between standing outside parliament begging them to let a campaign of terror continue, and annexing a foreign country while wantonly attacking civilians. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001)
Why not?

Because it's against the law? Because it only worsens the conflict in the long run?

Are you even familiar with the concept of international law?

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

From what I understand Israel has been helping sections of the Syrian opposition with medical aid for several months, even setting up a field hospital in the Israeli controlled Golan Heights. Israel must believe that they have the opportunity to help install a pro-Israeli government in a neighbouring country which is a rareity.

I believe that Israel has the right to intervene to protect itself (i.e. bombing weapons caches) in a conflict which is this viscious and unpredictably along its borders. Furthermore so too does any country around there. Two Turkish pilots were killed last year and a Turkish village hit in cross-border shelling. It is worth reminding that this doesn't fit the narrative of mindless Israeli aggression in the region, this conflict is bitter and has, threatens to further spill over into neighbouring territories.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:11)
QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:02)

Yes, because there is absolutely no middle ground between standing outside parliament begging them to let a campaign of terror continue, and annexing a foreign country while wantonly attacking civilians. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001)
Why not?

Because it's against the law? Because it only worsens the conflict in the long run?

Are you even familiar with the concept of international law?

Yes, I am aware of international laws (Which frankly no one gives a f*ck). Which international law has ended a war?. Whether you like it or not there will be always war between countries. no peaceful protest can end it.

Also you did not answer my question?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Let's do the math: Syria has chemical weaponry that could potentially kill millions of civilians, including israeli civilians. Israel a country that's very proactive as it comes to protecting its citizens launches precautionary surgical strikes to safeguard its citizens and simultaneously Syria's citizens. I don't seem to get what's wrong with that. It's a win-win situation.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

The argument that Israel "illegally took away the land from the Arabs" is total bullsh*t. Israel was formed with the backing of the U.N. and on the first day of their existence war was declared upon them by virtually all their neighbours. From that day on Israel has been under constant and never ending threat of attack, and for large parts of it actual attack. It's accused of annexing, and aggressive expansionism, yet the territory it has captured has been in defensive wars which were started by it's neighbours, who seek it's total destruction.

If Israel has captured territory, then it has been to prevent it's aggressors from carrying out further attacks against it, and to bolster their own defensive capabilities. It may not necessarily be legal under international law, but if your country faced the threats that Israel has throughout it's entire existence, then I'm sure you would also be inclined to disobey international law if it greatly contributed to your countries continued existence.

I'm not saying that all their actions are justified, but in this case I'd certainly say they were.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Sweet.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:29)
Yes, I am aware of international laws (Which frankly no one gives a f*ck). Which international law has ended a war?. Whether you like it or not there will be always war between countries. no peaceful protest can end it.

I'm not sure I should bother with this since literally everything I'm saying seems to be going over your head. I'm not saying Israel shouldn't be going to war because armed conflict is always illegal (it isn't), I'm saying that if Israel wants to fight a war with Palestine they can do it by the f*cking book, which means no building settlements or imposing taxes (not you sure how that helps fight terrorism, rights more of calculated imperialism than just being tough as you seem to think), allowing mediators from the international community and ending the occupation- if Israel wants a buffer zone between itself and hostile Palestinian entities they can create one within their own borders.

And people certainly do give a f*ck. The majority of sovereign states, the majority of the world's population, and basically everyone besides Israel, America's psycho military and their few deranged sympathisers.

What would I do if my country was being terrorised by my neighbour? I'd use force, but I'd do it while obeying international law.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Lets fight global wars thru GTAForums! YEAH!!! Where everybody knows EXACTLY what they're talking about.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

^ shut up

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:37)
It's accused of annexing, and aggressive expansionism, yet the territory it has captured has been in defensive wars which were started by it's neighbours, who seek it's total destruction.

It doesn't matter what circumstances surrounded it conquering a foreign nation: it's illegal to gain territory through war.

If Israel has captured territory, then it has been to prevent it's aggressors from carrying out further attacks against it, and to bolster their own defensive capabilities.

And how do the taxes and settlements work towards this end?

Laws are laws, and they can't be broken for convenience, even if we're talking about countries rather than people.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 05 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

http://edition.cnn.c...ence/index.html

Syria: Attack on military facility was a 'declaration of war' by Israel

Syrian authorities vowed to retaliate against Israel but did not specify what action they would take.

Ah yes, once again violence has solved everything forever icon14.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 10:45)
it's illegal to gain territory through war.

Illegal? Who are they to be held accountable to?
At the end of the day, in a region that lives and dies by the sword, peace will not be founded by international courts... especially those in Isreal's pocket.

Where does that leaves us? I don't know. I'm just happy I don't live in a place where sh*t like this is "just another day". I'm happy as hell I live in a place where sh*t like the Boston Marathon chills us to the bone.

...what I'm really saying here, is that only Superman can save the Middle East now.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:52)
...what I'm really saying here, is that only Superman can save the Middle East now.

The sad truth.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:50)
http://edition.cnn.c...ence/index.html

Syria: Attack on military facility was a 'declaration of war' by Israel

Syrian authorities vowed to retaliate against Israel but did not specify what action they would take.

Ah yes, once again violence has solved everything forever icon14.gif

And the broken rifle, shortsighted peeps strike again.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 18:40)
QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:29)
Yes, I am aware of international laws (Which frankly no one gives a f*ck). Which international law has ended a war?.  Whether you like it or not there will be always war between countries. no peaceful protest can end it.

I'm not sure I should bother with this since literally everything I'm saying seems to be going over your head. I'm not saying Israel shouldn't be going to war because armed conflict is always illegal (it isn't), I'm saying that if Israel wants to fight a war with Palestine they can do it by the f*cking book, which means no building settlements or imposing taxes (not you sure how that helps fight terrorism, rights more of calculated imperialism than just being tough as you seem to think), allowing mediators from the international community and ending the occupation- if Israel wants a buffer zone between itself and hostile Palestinian entities they can create one within their own borders.

And people certainly do give a f*ck. The majority of sovereign states, the majority of the world's population, and basically everyone besides Israel, America's psycho military and their few deranged sympathisers.

What would I do if my country was being terrorised by my neighbour? I'd use force, but I'd do it while obeying international law.

Pls. In which universe terrorist are playing by the books?. If Hezbollah is killing innocent children and women, then why should israel follow international law?. I recall a situation in 1971 when pakistan launched a genoicide against Bangladesh. Indian PM went all over the world to solve the situation by the international law. No one listened or cared. Finally we f*cked pakistan in a 10 day war which lead to peaceful creation of a safe new state. why can't this happen for Israel!

1971 India-Pakistan War

I have nothing against you. smile.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Melchoir?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 11:01)

Melchoir?

No, Melchior sounds like a super villain name. I'm, obviously, referring to Kal-El, son of Jor-El, an American mythological superbeing from outerspace who is given godlike powers from our yellow sun.

Sounds a leeeetle bit more realistic to me than Isreal and Co. finding common ground anytime soon.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 05 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:00)

Hm, are you being sarcastic? Or are you actually telling me you believe risking war and countless deaths is not short-sighted? Admittedly I have to read up on the precise facility they struck but I doubt this was very wise, that's all I'm saying.

However the "Gooodmorning Vietnam!" member title might imply you love senseless killing so this might be right up your alley. Don't let me distract you from all the fun.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:03)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 11:01)

Melchoir?

No, Melchior sounds like a super villain name. I'm, obviously, referring to Kal-El, son of Jor-El, an American mythological superbeing from outerspace who is given godlike powers from our yellow sun.

Sounds a leeeetle bit more realistic to me than Isreal and Co. finding common ground anytime soon.

Have a better chance seeing your signature driving down the street.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:05)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:00)

Hm, are you being sarcastic? Or are you actually telling me you believe risking war and countless deaths is not short-sighted? Admittedly I have to read up on the precise facility they struck but I doubt this was very wise, that's all I'm saying.

Israel has the capability to wipe all his neighboring countries of the map, yet always resorts to the safeguarding the peace, for example by using surgical strikes that limited the collateral damage, as opposed to going all out and embarrassing countries with a "sequel" to the Six-Day War. This strike (and I hope many to follow) are to do just that, safeguarding the peace and safety of its citizens.

Oh and the "Goood morning Vietnam" is from the eponymous 1987 movie classic.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Raavi)
Israel has the capability to wipe all his neighboring countries of the map,

I thought Israel was a she?

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Raavi: Yeah it's obvious to me we won't agree here, and we don't have to. Fair enough on the member title though, I wasn't sure what you were referencing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users