Photo

IGN - All in the details

86 replies to this topic
GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 13:40)
QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 06:42)
Nothing new, same sh*t as the other preview like CVG

This icon14.gif

I saw nothing new in here, no disrespect, but this was pointless.

What? That wasn't the point though lol. It was a more positive review because no one liked what IGN USA reviewed about the demo.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Good Read, I Hope the Cargo Plane taking off can be controllable

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

How so? It was a well written preview (made more significant by the fact it came from IGN who erstwhile suuuucked) and we got a couple of new tidbits from it.

Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:41)

This icon14.gif

What? That wasn't the point though lol. It was a more positive review because no one liked what IGN USA reviewed about the demo.

People these days

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

So what's with Rockstar changing the wanted system from Six Stars to Five Stars? The six star wanted system is a classic staple of the Grand Theft Auto series - everyone remembers how the army would come rolling in with guns blazing and tanks crashing through the city streets once you reached six stars.

-Wheatley

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:28)
So what's with Rockstar changing the wanted system from Six Stars to Five Stars? The six star wanted system is a classic staple of the Grand Theft Auto series - everyone remembers how the army would come rolling in with guns blazing and tanks crashing through the city streets once you reached six stars.

-Wheatley

I'm sure they have a good reason. The way they explained that you can still escape the stars while inside the danger circle reminds me of Red Dead Redemption's wanted system. Which sounds pretty cool to be honest. We'll have to wait and see what they've done. Rockstar did mention in an article (maybe the GI article) that the wanted system has been changed a little.

Also, for those of you wondering about the new controls with gunplay that they're talking about, watch this Max Payne 3 Design and Technology video from Rockstar. The control scheme is actually pretty fantastic, and I look forward to the smooth movement and gunplay in GTA V.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 22:24)

-Wheatley

I'm sure they have a good reason. The way they explained that you can still escape the stars while inside the danger circle reminds me of Red Dead Redemption's wanted system. Which sounds pretty cool to be honest. We'll have to wait and see what they've done. Rockstar did mention in an article (maybe the GI article) that the wanted system has been changed a little.

Also, for those of you wondering about the new controls with gunplay that they're talking about, watch this Max Payne 3 Design and Technology video from Rockstar. The control scheme is actually pretty fantastic, and I look forward to the smooth movement and gunplay in GTA V.

Its the sam engine so the mechanics will most likely look 1:1

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:24)

-Wheatley

When I first played MP3 I immediately with the shooting mechanics and player movement. It's just so smooth and fluid. It blows just about every other 3rd person shooter out of the water in that field.

If V takes MP3's shooting mechanics and takes out the shootdodge, which sounds exactly like what they've done from these previews, then it'll be perfect.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by Snake Without a Tongue, 05 May 2013 - 09:13 PM.

-Wheatley

I'm wondering if that wasn't the point -- to leave out the military again.

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Grand Theft Auto V stands in stark contrast to an industry increasingly focused on carefully rationed experiences released once every 12 months, and for that I am extremely grateful

Well said. icon14.gif

Aborted_Fetus
  • Aborted_Fetus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:01)

-Wheatley

Maybe they just amped up the resistance for each level and shortened the number of stars. In other words, getting five stars might be comparable to getting six in other GTAs.

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Aborted_Fetus @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:15)
QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:01)

-Wheatley

Maybe they just amped up the resistance for each level and shortened the number of stars. In other words, getting five stars might be comparable to getting six in other GTAs.

There is a military base so I doubt they left out the military.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

This icon14.gif

Okay I kinda get that, but lets face it, there is nothing new to the table here. I was hoping for more info that might been missed and added.

Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 21:59)

This icon14.gif

Okay I kinda get that, but lets face it, there is nothing new to the table here. I was hoping for more info that might been missed and added.

I think LotusRIP found new info actually

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I know that is about the same demo that we heard about last Thursday, but I appreciate the fact that IGN made a separate article to go into such detail about the world. For example, I had not heard from anyone before reading this that there were things like butterflies just flying around for additional detail. Things like that go unmentioned by most of the people that get to see a demo.

Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (matt_be @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:14)
I know that is about the same demo that we heard about last Thursday, but I appreciate the fact that IGN made a separate article to go into such detail about the world. For example, I had not heard from anyone before reading this that there were things like butterflies just flying around for additional detail. Things like that go unmentioned by most of the people that get to see a demo.

icon14.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

I don't care about butterflies. Better not have to kill all of them to get a trophy.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 20:02)
It's almost like as if they got told by somebody to rewrite a more positive sounding preview.

Colin Moriarty who wrote thee last IGN preview for this last batch IIRC, has been known to nit pick on the smallest s*** for no reason before, does it all the time. I understand critizism on things but he allways takes the smallest crap and runs with it. Like the graphics on a huge open world game not being the same as a FPS with small levels, and so on.

Aborted_Fetus
  • Aborted_Fetus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Monday, May 6 2013, 02:22)
I don't care about butterflies. Better not have to kill all of them to get a trophy.

Hahaha. Can't wait to spend money on a fly swatter...

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

ton of flippin detail, nice read. even more excited and impatient to play already. confused.gif

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (matt_be @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:14)

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=554491
A good majority of these go into much more detail about the world than the ign article. I cant recall but im sure another one of these podcasts mention the butterflies.
I recommend the CVG or videogame UK if you havnt checked them out they are very good at describing those kind of small details they saw.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

It was a good read but it's nothing remarkable.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

IGN Australia? Probably written by IGN Bengazi. tounge.gif

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (CallCenterZombie @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:55)
IGN Australia? Probably written by IGN Bengazi. tounge.gif

What do you have against Australia

Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Whats with the country wars?

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Monday, May 6 2013, 06:56)
QUOTE (CallCenterZombie @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:55)
IGN Australia?  Probably written by IGN Bengazi.  tounge.gif

What do you have against Australia

Nothin, man. It was a joke. It had to do with the original IGN write-up. They covered it up cleverly just like the US did with Bengazi. tounge.gif

Btw, Australia is cool with me.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

This article and their video was just 100 times better than IGN US' review, this was so much more informative and these folks knew what they were talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users