Photo

Franklin is NOT a gangbanger

24 replies to this topic
Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

First off I would like to say hi to the community. I was a long time lurker and finally decided to join after this whole "Franklin = CJ" debate.

After the release of the third trailer, many people have been picking their favorite protagonist and Franklin seems to be neck-and-neck with Michael. The problem I personally see is that most people seem to love Franklin because he is part of The Families (I will just assume the green gang is The Families) and this makes Franklin the new gangbanger character. All the posts I see are about how people are going to use Franklin to kill some Ballas, deal drugs or knock over convince stores or do other gangbanging. But if you have paid any attention to how Rockstar is portraying Franklin, you would know that Franklin is trying to get out of the ghetto and become a real criminal.

You see, gangs are held together with two related things: poverty and the promise of money. All that "brotherly love" is total bullsh*t. When people are in poverty they band together for protection and numbers so they can make money. So to make this money gangstas tend to rob small businesses and sell drugs. But you can't make much money doing these two things. To rob a convince store you either kill the manager or conceal your identity as much as possible. And these two things NEVER work and criminals who try to make money doing armed robberies are either caught and sent to prison or killed in a shootout. Then their is selling drugs, which is a better, yet still sh*tty way to make money as most drug dealers are either killed or become addicted to their own supply and watch their savings go down the toilet.

What do those two crimes and their consequences have to do with Franklin? They're both terrible ways to make money and making paper is Franklin's ultimate goal. You can see this in Franklin's character trailer. Franklin is still a criminal but he sees that the whole gang lifestyle is a great way to be killed. So Franklin meets Michael and Trevor and then they start making the serious cash. Remember what I said, that gangs are all about poverty? Well if each heist that the trio does earns millions of dollars, then Franklin has no reason to be a gangsta anymore. If you have ten million dollars, why stay with Lamar and the hood? Why not buy a house in Rockford Hills a mile away from Michael and get away from southern Los Santos? The only reason that Franklin has to stay is his "friends". But like I said, Franklin only became a gangbanger because he had no family or money. But now Franklin has all the money he could dream of and a new family of Michael and Trevor.

I just wanted to make this topic because I fell that most people are misinterpreting Franklin's character. He is not a gangsta, he is not the new CJ, he is a career criminal who has found his way in with other real criminals like Michael and Trevor. I think that most people will disappoint themselves because, mark my words, the "hood" stage of Franklin's story will only last half the game at most.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

So tierd of this sh*t. Who cares?

Just play who ever you like.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

I love Franklin but, this sh*t has got to stop. PLEASE no more Franklin threads

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

You can rob liquor stores

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

tl;dr

It's been discussed to death. There's a 17 page thread on it. Why are you so arrogant to believe that your opinion is so much more important than all those others that it warrants a separate thread?

It doesn't. No one cares about your opinion. Post in the existing thread.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Franklin IS a Gangbanger, The twist is that doesn't want to be one, But he still is one.
#FACT

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

He is a gangbanger. Once you join a gang, that is it. You can't leave unless you die or get crippled.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 17:57)
He is a gangbanger. Once you join a gang, that is it. You can't leave unless you die or get crippled.

I don't think I agree with you. What's stopping him from just packing up the house and leaving for somewhere else in the city? I know they could threaten him, but I have a hard time thinking that a street gang could take on a trained criminal with millions of dollars behind him for weapons and such.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Key word is "trying" he is with a street gang he might complain but with all the Ballas he has been seen shooting so far he's still down with them even if he wants out.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 01:00)

I don't think I agree with you. What's stopping him from just packing up the house and leaving for somewhere else in the city? I know they could threaten him, but I have a hard time thinking that a street gang could take on a trained criminal with millions of dollars behind him for weapons and such.

Aint no leaving a gang..

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

sheez go write your thesis somewhere else ;0, If we wanna bang

bang we wills, *pours the 40oz*

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 19:00)

Friends, Family, Source of income of sorts, etc..

Like others said, Ain't no leaving a Gang.
Ever.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:05)

Ever.

I just think that the whole "ya never leave a gang" is just an intimidation thing. It was already said that Franklin grew up without a family (but I suppose that could be interpreted many ways), Franklin now has a better job that involves robbing banks and armored trucks and I think that he could leave his friends if he thought they were a bad enough influence.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 01:12)

Ever.

I just think that the whole "ya never leave a gang" is just an intimidation thing. It was already said that Franklin grew up without a family (but I suppose that could be interpreted many ways), Franklin now has a better job that involves robbing banks and armored trucks and I think that he could leave his friends if he thought they were a bad enough influence.

Maybe Franklin grew up like the kid from this movie? user posted image
If you haven't seen it, I advise you watch it...

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 02:01)
QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 01:00)

Aint no leaving a gang..

I agree with this, even though he might decide to leave the gang, the gang and its enemies won't leave him. They will keep haunting him and trying to kill him. As the only way you leave a gang is in a coffin or in handcuffs.

cowabunga
  • cowabunga

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Franklin stole my bike, yo

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Pretty sure I left my gang when I moved states.. sh*t.. Guess because you guys said it, I never left.. Damn.

DiegoPotato
  • DiegoPotato

Give that bitch a potato. Yeeeeaah. Bitches love potatoes.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 00:51)
tl;dr

It's been discussed to death. There's a 17 page thread on it. Why are you so arrogant to believe that your opinion is so much more important than all those others that it warrants a separate thread?

It doesn't. No one cares about your opinion. Post in the existing thread.

Shut the f*ck up, please.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (DiegoPotato @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 02:08)
Shut the f*ck up, please.

Be quiet, newfag.

Didn't mean to offend you by insulting your boyfriend.

C4P0N3
  • C4P0N3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 00:37)
if each heist that the trio does earns millions of dollars, then Franklin has no reason to be a gangsta anymore. If you have ten million dollars, why stay with Lamar and the hood? Why not buy a house in Rockford Hills a mile away from Michael and get away from southern Los Santos?

because u cant just stop beeing in a gang only cuz ur rich?! they would ice u!

so what r u bit**in about anyway?
that people see the new CJ in franklin?
and that they r lookin forward to do gang stuff while playing as him?
only cuz franklin wants more than being a gangbanger he still is one!
and that creates a believable and exciting atmosphere (when u for example rob a store or do a drive by in the middle of the night wearin colors in south LS) that u wouldnt have when doin it with michael or trevor.

so yeah franklin IS a gangbanger and people see him as a new CJ and R* knows that.

whats ur point?

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by Silentype, 05 May 2013 - 02:23 AM.

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 01:12)

Ever.

It's not an intimidation thing it's a, "I killed 5 of your homies that you loved thing" and that person is never going to forget or forgive no matter if you move on or up in your life or not.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Franklin isnt CJ. its been said 100s of times. People need to stop using the same argument over and over..

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (C4P0N3 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 02:17)
QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 00:37)
if each heist that the trio does earns millions of dollars, then Franklin has no reason to be a gangsta anymore. If you have ten million dollars, why stay with Lamar and the hood? Why not buy a house in Rockford Hills a mile away from Michael and get away from southern Los Santos?

because u cant just stop beeing in a gang only cuz ur rich?! they would ice u!

so what r u bit**in about anyway?
that people see the new CJ in franklin?
and that they r lookin forward to do gang stuff while playing as him?
only cuz franklin wants more than being a gangbanger he still is one!
and that creates a believable and exciting atmosphere (when u for example rob a store or do a drive by in the middle of the night wearin colors in south LS) that u wouldnt have when doin it with michael or trevor.

so yeah franklin IS a gangbanger and people see him as a new CJ and R* knows that.

whats ur point?

f*ck yeah if I had millions of dollars I'd still want to be popping punk ass bloods and throwing down street tags.. Nah I think in a "REALISTIC" style of way I would want to get out of that sh*t.. But I guess we all don't think the same.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

People loving Franklin because they think he's a new "CJ" are going to be in a world a disapointment come Launch day.

Then they'll come on here bitching about how their favourite gangbanger isn't like CJ and we'll be forced to listen to the spam and sh*t like this...

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

There are people who actually think Franklins voice sounds exactly like CJ's. It really doesn't.. not at all. dozingoff.gif suicidal.gif
I couldn't care less to be honest, Michael's the Man! sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users