» «
Photo

The Submarine

50 replies to this topic
mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by mrSQUADKINGS, 04 May 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Im keep thinking of the submarine.. like how it will work etc catspider.gif

especialy the damage..

Is that front window breakable??
can it start to increase water cause a possible crack in the structure??
can the whole thing get crushed like a car in IV??
realistic cokpit view??
Maybe it is robot arms on it somewere that can grab things on bottom??
can you tun the lights on/off whenever you want?? like on cars in IV
can the whole engine/propell system on it break underwater so you have to somehow escape or die in there?? LMAO

im an underwather lover myself, i love mysteri of shipwrecks (specialy Titanic) and cant wait to enter one of thise and explore the ocean
Whats you thoughts on how thise will work??

user posted image

Submarine picture taken near the Airport.. brobably close to all the shipdocks aswell.
  • SilentnElite likes this

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Forgot all about this - can't wait!

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by d3ex2, 04 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

I really don't know how this will work. Maybe it won't be indestructible but just really hard to damage. I mean, that glass has got to be really thick to hold up against water pressure so maybe you won't be able to crack it easily. I doubt you'll be able to go fast enough to smash it against rocks and I don't think a shark will damage it. As for the propellers, they would be more easy to damage so yeah they could stop working. I don't know we can get out but maybe if it loses power it will just float to the surface or to a certain depth where you can safely open the door and swim to the surface. I think submarines will be safe overall.

I don't see why we won't be able to turn lights on/off under water. We can use headlights on cars.

It would be cool to have extendable hands on the subs though! I too am fascinated by ship wrecks so I hope we can lower this thing down and move sh*t about on the sunken ships!!

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Could be based on this

user posted image

PC1201
Operator: Deep Sea Adventures
Depth Rating: 300 meters
Year of Mfg: 1975
Occupants: 2 pax + 1 pilot
Manufacturer: Perry Submarine
Model/Type: PC12

I donīt know how durable it has to be, to take the pressure at 300 meters. You probably need a heavier weapon to break the window.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

This will only be awesome though, if it's done in first person or from a cockpit view. I want to be able to sit behind the 'safety' of that glass and stare at the Ocean. It would suck to simply 'control' the submarine as if it were a car, without getting a hands on, close up experience.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

It would be awesome if the submarine could get crushed by the water pression if you went too deep (just in some very deep areas).

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

would be so damn cool to plan a heist and sub as a get away vehicle. lmao. what they gonna do?

Northeern
  • Northeern

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hopefully there'll be a powerful headlight we'll be able to control underwater similar to the search light on police helicopters. You won't be able to see sh*t when going below a certain depth without good lighting.

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

im so damn exited on how the damage is on this thing.. LOL
awesome new detail added to gta.

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (GTA4L1fe @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 21:38)
Hopefully there'll be a powerful headlight we'll be able to control underwater similar to the search light on police helicopters. You won't be able to see sh*t when going below a certain depth without good lighting.

Yea being able to stear the light around yourself would be great!
also on the police chopper

while sitting in there.. wounder if you will randomly see a sharkattack on a swimming/diving person.. LOL
Would me so JAWS die.gif

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Apart from the mechanics, the only thing I'm wondering is how they are going to occlude the water shader so that it doesn't appear penetrate the hull. You can't simply model something to be water tight and stick it in water and see no water inside it. It doesn't work that way in games.

In pretty much every game, objects that are placed in water do not displace the water. Instead, they just clip into the water. The water passes right through them. Water is physically simulated on the surface for waves, but it is not a viscous material that can actually be displaced. That would just be far too demanding for today's hardware. Right now, it's just smoke and shaders to give the illusion that it's water. They're going to have to do some clever stuff to make the submarine appear as though it is water tight.

In the screenshot of the submarine, it appears as though they've done none of this yet. You can see that the water is passing right through the glass in the front of the submarine.

NicoBaby
  • NicoBaby

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

can't wait lololololololol

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (GTAGuy @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:11)
Apart from the mechanics, the only thing I'm wondering is how they are going to occlude the water shader so that it doesn't appear penetrate the hull. You can't simply model something to be water tight and stick it in water and see no water inside it. It doesn't work that way in games.

In pretty much every game, objects that are placed in water do not displace the water. Instead, they just clip into the water. The water passes right through them. Water is physically simulated on the surface for waves, but it is not a viscous material that can actually be displaced. That would just be far too demanding for today's hardware. Right now, it's just smoke and shaders to give the illusion that it's water. They're going to have to do some clever stuff to make the submarine appear as though it is water tight.

In the screenshot of the submarine, it appears as though they've done none of this yet. You can see that the water is passing right through the glass in the front of the submarine.

i cant really imgine how they will make this submarine look realistic inunder the water to... really no idea :S

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 21:36)
would be so damn cool to plan a heist and sub as a get away vehicle. lmao. what they gonna do?

Yea.. There should be atleast one heist mission involving submarine and underwater swimming.

Something like a ship heist gone wrong and it sinks, then they plan to retrieve gold/or whatever from the sunken ship underwater.

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Online underwater sub races?

f*ck it, sign me up.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

You can not turn the car headlights off whenever you want in IV suicidal.gif

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Finding a sub is one of the first things ill do when i get the game.

Then ill eat it and go look for a submarine.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

OK, so who ISN'T going to re-enact James Cameron investigating the Titanic?

user posted image
user posted image

While listening to Radio Gaga? lol.gif

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (ed72o @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:32)
You can not turn the car headlights off whenever you want in IV suicidal.gif

lol yes at daylight tounge.gif at midnight it tursn on itself, but you can still switch to stronger light yourself suicidal.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hahaha, the Submarine is yellow.

Nice reference, Rockstar! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:37)
OK, so who ISN'T going to re-enact James Cameron investigating the Titanic?

user posted image
user posted image

While listening to Radio Gaga? lol.gif

Sign me the f*ck up ^^

im an massive Titanic wreck fan^^ i will die in the bottom of the GtaV ocean cool.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

A little off the topic of submarines, but I wonder if you can parachute while wearing the scuba gear? Would be cool to jump off Mt Chiliad (or out a cargo plane even), parachute into the sea, then scuba down to the depth of a shipwreck, all in one go. Epic...

bluAstrid
  • bluAstrid

User Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:42)
Hahaha, the Submarine is yellow.

Nice reference, Rockstar! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

D'we all live in it?

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

I don't think it will sustain damage because it will probably only move very slow.

Maybe sustain damage from gunfire? Mmm, can't see it to be honest.

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

guess its an endless spectation..

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:49)
A little off the topic of submarines, but I wonder if you can parachute while wearing the scuba gear? Would be cool to jump off Mt Chiliad (or out a cargo plane even), parachute into the sea, then scuba down to the depth of a shipwreck, all in one go. Epic...

Navy SEAL HALO jumps? Yes please! icon14.gif

nujee
  • nujee

GTA Jedi- don't screw with the force!!!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 21:36)

Hahahaha mate that is a brilliant plan!!!! never thought of that............... that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I feel like sharks will definitely be able to damage it, if a large enough shark or maybe wale came at that little thing with enough speed knocking its body weight into it it could definitely damage the glass or hydraulics and gears, possibly even the props rendering you dead in the water. Besides I have read that there will also be other humans in the ocean searching for treasures, Im certain they could turn territorial and hostile if you came close to their discoveries or hidings.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 15:49)

Sign me the hell up now.

Imagine, it's the dead of night, you're flying over the night in the back of the Cargo plane, you're in full scuba gear with a Parachute on your back. You've heard of this Cargo ship wreck off of the coast of the Northern Shore of Blaine County, supposed to be full of Illegal Weapons and drugs, and you want in there now.

You approach were you need to jump, the hatch opens, you walk to it, you look out over the forests at the night, it's a full moon you can see it all. You jump, and lean foreward you're going to take the plunge, not to long before you hit the water you pull the 'chute. You plunge into the dark water, and turn on a spotlight on your headlamp, you can see the wreck in the distance, you ready the Underwater Rifle (Not kidding they apparently have these learned about them in another topic today) and go towards the wreck, ready to fight off the other shady folks who like this sort of plunder.

The ammount of possible Epic, is TO DAMN HIGH.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:49)

I don't know what or were your dreams comes from but ill portal my self into them .

Anyway Such a sick idea i like it.

i just hope there are underwater places were there is land but still under the water lvl if you get me so we can explore & hide & collect ,& hmm may be *treasure chests* with say :

1. Vintage gun-s
2.stock pile of coins / money
3.valuables

think this will be great. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users