Photo

VC IOS Is So Much Better Than III IOS

10 replies to this topic
TheCompletionist
  • TheCompletionist

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

The IOS version of Vice City is absolutely fantastic, it is far superior to the 10th Anniversary release of III!
Do you hold this point of view?
I'm probably going to go and 100% it now, I'm hooked! I have Vice City on PS2, PC and IPOD Touch 4th Generation and out of all of them the best two versions are the PC version and the IOS version. Why? Well, both support modding and the IOS version of VC can be played anywhere. My favourite game, anywhere. Wow. Thankyou Rockstar Games.

Roll on San Andreas IOS.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

the IOS version of VC can be played anywhere

So can the PC version too(IF you have a laptop)-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

However, I would have to say the PC version is best, as the graphics are a lot better than that of consoles as well as the PC version is un-cut and has ALL songs from the soundtrack(whereas the IOS, Android, and newer versions have missing songs)? confused.gif

However, each game has it's advantages and disadvantages. I haven't played either the Android or Ios version, however, I still think using a Keyboard and mouse is easier than trying to use a touch screen(touch screens can be a little too touchy sometimes, as if you don't hit the screen just right, it could cause you to activate a wrong key/control)..

On another note, How's the PS3 version of VC? I'm thinking about getting it off PSN-so, what all was changed from the PS2/PC versions and how's the gameplay on PS3?

Good topic by the way smile.gif

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

^ It's a direct-port so it's same as PS2 version, but some things are cut and ruger is black instead of orange. Like for example, Diaz says get those Dickheads instead of Haitians. So it's the PS2 version after the whole HAITIANS incident.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

You can mod the iOS version? mercie_blink.gif And yes I agree the iOS port of VC is better than III's by a mile. When I first launched the game on my iPad I was surprised how good it looked. I wanna buy an iPad with Retina display just to see how better it looks.

Leone Sentinel
  • Leone Sentinel

Radio Espantoso!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm curious as to what things were changed in the iOS versions. I'm not interested in getting it though as these iOS devices seem like overpriced mobile phones to me, especially considering we're in the middle of a recession.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, May 6 2013, 05:06)
You can mod the iOS version? mercie_blink.gif And yes I agree the iOS port of VC is better than III's by a mile. When I first launched the game on my iPad I was surprised how good it looked. I wanna buy an iPad with Retina display just to see how better it looks.

Haven't tried this myself, be seeing OP mention it, I suppose it is possible. It's just a matter of replacing files just like on PC. On consoles there's no way to access files like that but on smartphones just plug them in your PC and there you go.

Gotta try this just for kicks biggrin.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

VC Mobile modding thread (in the modding section)-- IOS & Android modding are lumped together in this thread..... http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=536760

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Liked VC, although, Since they already did VCS/VC I wouldn't mind if they make another.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I dont have them both, I only have GTA III but I have heard that the VC Mobile edition can be quite buggy, that would annoy me sad.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Afaik the VC Version is 1:1 with the "old" version. Probably this mentioned cuts. But how do you know that there are songs missing?

Someone can tell what else has been cut out?

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I preferred the iOS version of Vice City as opposed to that of GTA 3 too, however I GTA 3 is still my favourite game in the series (and of all time) when you include the timeless classic being the PS2 version, the game that started it all...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users