Why is Franklin Hated so much

722 replies to this topic
Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

I liked Solo's performance, nevertheless the Franklin character was a bunch of crap, he would've been better as a Balla, not the Families(i don't even know how tf they call them now).

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

I like Franklin he just didn't have that Special something in him like Trevor & Michael do.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

I just think its bad writing.. Only black friend Franklin had was Lamar. And that nigga wont even shoot a gun if you call him to hangout and do  drivebys..

GTASA had better a better ensemble of characters to make CJs world more real. Especially with all the beginning missions in LS.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

I disliked him in my first play through but got to love him in my second.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hated him in the previews, hated him even more when I played the game.
Such an annoying moaning ass bitch. Solo has a slow annoying voice. No emotion, nothing. He would have stayed in the ghetto if it wasnt for michael! Was franklin gratefull? Did he show respect to his mentor? f*ck NO! Hating on michael at every opportunity!

Became absolutly pointless when trevor entered the game and quickly became trevors bitch!

Tried to make him important at the end but it just made him look like a snake!

Rocstars worst gta protag ever! Dont ever do this again rockstar!

Btw michael and trevor are awsome

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I liked franklins trailer the most before the game released. Now I don't like him because his nothing like what his trailer said him to be. His a snitch and his a bitch. Lamar should of been the main character. How would've Lamar reacted if he was told to kill his 2 friends (Michael and trevor)? You'd think he'll do it?

If lamar was the main character there wouldn't of been options A B and C.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

I liked franklins trailer the most before the game released. Now I don't like him because his nothing like what his trailer said him to be. His a snitch and his a bitch. Lamar should of been the main character. How would've Lamar reacted if he was told to kill his 2 friends (Michael and trevor)? You'd think he'll do it?

Lamars choice most likely would of been C.He's loyal to his people.Me personally I have a love/hate thing with Franklin cause,He reps Families but don't get no love from the homies,he lives and the hills hiding like a bee-i-itch,and just seems like a pussy.I pray the dlc has something that makes Franklin a real member of the Families and not seem like a fake.And like you said his trailer was very fuccin misleading they made him seem like he was turnt up but we all know that's not the case..

LethalDrizzle
  • LethalDrizzle

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by LethalDrizzle, 18 April 2014 - 03:30 PM.

I chop and change between who is my favourite character of the three. I liked Trevor at first but then got sick of all his toxic bile and anger but now Franklin is my favourite, he's the youngest character and thats makes him more relatable to me. He's the most street character and physically the strongest of the three by a long way and he's not some washed out old has been like the other pair, though I still love Trevor and Michael too.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I chop and change between who is my favourite character of the three. I liked Trevor at first but then got sick of all his toxic bile and anger but now Franklin is my favourite, he's the youngest character and thats makes him more relatable to me. He's the most street character and physically the strongest of the three by a long way and he's not some washed out old has been like the other pair, though I still love Trevor and Michael too.

Franklin stronger than trevor?
Wat8.jpg?1315930535

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hated him in the previews, hated him even more when I played the game.
Such an annoying moaning ass bitch. Solo has a slow annoying voice. No emotion, nothing. He would have stayed in the ghetto if it wasnt for michael! Was franklin gratefull? Did he show respect to his mentor? f*ck NO! Hating on michael at every opportunity!

Became absolutly pointless when trevor entered the game and quickly became trevors bitch!

Tried to make him important at the end but it just made him look like a snake!

Rocstars worst gta protag ever! Dont ever do this again rockstar!

Btw michael and trevor are awsome

Franklin could easily take out trevor.

LethalDrizzle
  • LethalDrizzle

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by LethalDrizzle, 18 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Franklin stronger than trevor?
Wat8.jpg?1315930535
Hell yeah he's physically way stronger than Trevor, look at Franklin's build, he's a unit. Trevor is way thinner and scrawny compared to Franklin.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Lamar outshines Franklin by 1000%

I woulda rather played as Lamar.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Smartass

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hell yeah he's physically way stronger than Trevor, look at Franklin's build, he's a unit. Trevor is way thinner and scrawny compared to Franklin.

As far as I know, Trevor starts with the highest strenght according to his in-game stats.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:25 AM Edited by L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV, 19 April 2014 - 04:12 AM.

Franklin is my favorite protagonist on GTA 5 because he is (in my point of view) a young guy exploring his opportunities just like me, i learned a lot from him by playing his storyline, he is the mostly "original" GTA character, beginning with not so much money and getting bigger through the missions, just like Tommy, CJ and Niko.
Franklin and me, we have a lot in common, such as a big love for cars and bikes, he is the best driver from all the three characters, what makes me use him a lot on free roam.

I don't know why there are so much racists nowdays, i'm white and i like Franklin so much, he is like someone from my family, even being only a game character.

That's my opinion and sorry for my english.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

I don't HATE Franklin. I just don't like how bland his character is, that's all.

But then all 3 characters annoy me in some way or another. Franklin is too dull. Michael is OK but has the VERY annoying family. And Trevor is just..............well, Trevor.

To sum up. Michael would have been better if his family hadn't been involved. Franklin had the potential to be a half decent protag but just never seemed to have any interesting moments in the story line. And Trevor is just too crazy and over the top. Didn't mind him too much but he gets on my nerves now. 

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

I honestly think he was hated because he didn't look that tough as a gang banger. Many thought that he would be like CJ but when they saw more of him they assumed him to be a pussy. Since he wasn't really in a gang and didn't associate with them, I think caused the people to dislike him. For me personally I enjoy playing as Franklin and he is my most used character leaving Trevor with the least.

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

I play at Michael & Trevor the most I like Franklin is 11 percent on the Social Club. Trevor is 43 percent. Michael's 49 percent used

Cl4ud35p33d
  • Cl4ud35p33d

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Franklin's alright, but he's kinda boring when compared to Michael and Trevor. His early missions involving the Ballas/Families were cool; brought me back to that old San Andreas feeling.

soundless248
  • soundless248

Gangster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

If all you keyboard warriors hate Franklin now just wait till the next GTA when his the only main character 

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Franklin is probably the realest and most honest protagonist in the entire series.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Because when they heard that GTA V will feature a black protagonist from the hood, they expected more of a gangster than a man who is against gangsters.

The biggest mistake by Rockstar is letting him live in Vinewood, he completely lost he Gangsta side.
Now he only eats chips, iron his shirts or sleep. 

• warlord GTAV likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Franklin is probably the realest and most honest protagonist in the entire series.

Pretty sure Trevor would take that spot.

Franklin is just... I don't know. I don't have a problem with him. Nor do I really have a real opinion on him. He's just kind of there, and I do enjoy playing as him. But I can't seem to put my finger on him, as a character. 

I guess he's pretty boring after he moves to Vinewood, though. His switch scenes are seriously repetitive after you beat the story.   

jondean31
  • jondean31

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Franklin is my favourite protagonist for sure, but that's only because he isn't a snitch like Michael or a bellend like Trevor.

Rockstar failed to fully utilise his character for sure, because as soon as Trevor came into the story he felt a bit irrelevant, R* excluded him from having much purpose in the heists, further pushing him away.

cartman_101
  • cartman_101

GTA V!!!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Poor writing, that simple. His character starts out quite strong, we are introduced to him and are given a glimpse of the gangster lifestyle. However after we meet Trevor he just simply fades away, from time to time offering something on the side. I like Franklin, and love his driving ability, but there isn't enough character development. Hopefully, some future DLC will further push this character. With that said not all blame can be pinpointed to Rockstar, as certain people envisioned him as being the next CJ, which was also wrong.

• NinjaWJ and Bigmattlaflare415 like this

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Poor writing, that simple. His character starts out quite strong, we are introduced to him and are given a glimpse of the gangster lifestyle. However after we meet Trevor he just simply fades away, from time to time offering something on the side. I like Franklin, and love his driving ability, but there isn't enough character development. Hopefully, some future DLC will further push this character. With that said not all blame can be pinpointed to Rockstar, as certain people envisioned him as being the next CJ, which was also wrong.

i agree that he started off very interesting. It is a shame that Franklin falls back into some kind of seocndary role throughout the game. I thought his missions were fun and interesting but i think he could have used a better storyline.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:04 AM Edited by Aaron030792, 21 April 2014 - 06:06 AM.

Agreed. As soon as he moved to Whispymound Drive and the Trevor vs Michael feud flared up, Franklin just faded away into obscurity and ended up becoming a minor character from there.

For the people who would have been hoping for another CJ-like protag, being portrayed as anti-gang would have been the final nail in the coffin.

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

because he whines and moans about Lamar's actions or whoever else he used to be close to . then , you remember manny escuella in GTA IV used to say : man , man , man , man .  now they've replaced it with franklin saying : What? What ? What ? What? for no

reason. alternatively , you can say this too : holla at me, holla at you , holla at my mom . 

even worse , he can be a traitor since he betrays and kills trevor or Michael in order to be left alone by FIB or that rich bastard devin weston.

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

maybe he's not a snitch , but it was better to compare him with Michael  if Franklin was old as Michael is . Franklin's young, doesn't have a family and almost no one to

worry about . his early life was just a little or a bit better than trevor  since after his mother died and his father left him , he had a kind and good grandmother , and all of

these events make him more stable and calmer than Trevor is. just hang out with Trevor or hang out with someone else as him , pay attention to every dialogue in

cutscenes and you'll hear how worse Trevor's early life was.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

FNAF Fan who's in it for the lore and theories.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I was hoping Franklin would of actually been involved in the M vs T feud, or at-least had a fair amount of Lamar missions during that period. The only reason he seems to be hated is because he's the most normal out of the three, since when compared to Trevor and Michael he seems boring, if he was hadn't moved to Vinewood so early and there was more story in the hood he would of seemed more interesting.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

OOOOOOOO SO Much hate :c

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users