Photo

Why is Franklin Hated so much

722 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'll be the first to admit I hate franklin because he's a niggy. Blacks are the first to blame the white man because of their inadequacies, They have a smaller brain than caucasians and can't accept the fact that they're privileged monkeys given permission to be free. If you have a problem w/ that come at me bro.

Consider you came at.

RedMist9
  • RedMist9

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

You totally validated his views by "coming at him"...

• GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

...nope!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

...How in the world did Franklin's trailer remind them of SA? It had almost zero similarity, other than it starring Black people (with very few of them wearing green). IGN is the weakest.

Slevin77
  • Slevin77

Caporegime

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

I guess they all bring reasons why you would like them and why you wouldn't like them. I love that they aren't one dimensional characters. IGN makes the mistake of hiring people who only care about their own opinions, the majority of people love Franklin and don't like Trevor or Michael. Personally I enjoy using Franklin more for his driving skills. Trevor is who I use to go on rampaging in the city, maxing out stars blowing stuff up. And Michael is... the guy I use to progress the story I guess. Not knocking Michael, his story is really great but I don't see him slaughtering thousands of innocent people like I could see Trevor doing.

...what I like to get immersed when I play games.

• AusyAndy likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Seriously? Franklin is my all time favourite character!

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Franklin is the worst character.

There is no reason for him to even be a playable character or be in the game.

• theGTAking101 likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Tomb Raider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Franklin is the worst character.

There is no reason for him to even be a playable character or be in the game.

How so? Explain.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

cuzz hes mikes bitch 

• Alex Wesker likes this

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

I actually thought the Franklin and Lamar missions were the best. I really hope there is some DLC that focuses mostly on the Grove Street Family and Ballas.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Who wants to buy a game to play as a ghetto smurf?

NOBODY!!! Well, maybe Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. 

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Racism reported.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Racism reported.

Lol How was that racist?

nerd virgin reported!

• theGTAking101 and Intoxica7ed like this

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Racism reported.

Lol How was that racist?

nerd virgin reported!

Reported and all your previous posts too.

:> Who will last the longest.

THEBIGZED
  • THEBIGZED

For an annoying dick, you really are an annoying dick.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by THEBIGZED, 06 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

I wasn't too interested in Franklin's character based on the trailers but to my surprise he was perhaps the most likeable of the bunch. I also liked the setup of him trying to get out of ghetto while pretty much everyone he knew from there was critical of his path and wondered if Franklin had forgotten his "roots".

However when Franklin was talking with Lamar there were so many, niggas, bros, homies and motherf*ckers thrown around that it just felt ridiculous. A real shame. I could not imagine watching The Wire if the black characters spoke like that. It would be just as ridiculous. Granted, I'm sure there are fellows who go around speaking like that but maybe, just for the sake of not drawing attention to the way they spoke, Franklin and Lamar's dialogue could have been toned down a notch on the "nigga/motherf*cker" department.

F*cks were flying pretty often for Michael and Trevor too but maybe just a little bit too much. It didn't take away from the moment very often.

And for absolute clarity let's be clear: I have no problem with cursing or any words. It's just that dialogue needs to sound natural, not forced. Perfect example, The Sopranos (or The Wire). There's a ton of cursing in both but it never feels out of place.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Racism reported.

Lol How was that racist?

nerd virgin reported!

You think you are the first to do this? Neeeeeeerrrrdddddd

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Racism reported.

Lol How was that racist?

nerd virgin reported!

People like you makes me support abortion. :D

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Racism reported.

Lol How was that racist?

nerd virgin reported!

People like you makes me support abortion. :D

Reported for supporting abortion. Freak

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Other than some of the conversations with Lamar dropping the N-bomb every 5 seconds I like Franklin more than I thought I would.

The student/mentor relationship with Michael really makes him shine. I'm not sure I'd put him on the same level as say Tommy and Niko, but he's hardly the worst protagonist.

CJ and Luis fight for that honour in my eyes. Franklin's decent IMO.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Franklin's the only one I use for free roam..

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Maybe because his culture, species , age and even personality isn't very similar to Michael nor Trevor.
He also doesn't have past relations with neither of Michael and Trevor, so this makes him somewhat
New and in the background instead of being in the center . Franklin's old friends and family are only
Seen in the first part of the story. After he moves out on Whispeymound drive 3671 , they're seen
Very little and briefly. This almost makes him a secondary protagonist instead of the main ones.
The ending of course makes him more hated , since he kills the other two . But since Players
Weren't too satisfied with franklin( I don't mean everyone, just about 30% of gta v gamers) , Brad
Was a good replacement for Franklin . With the story not killing him in the first mission, actually putting
Him in jail , Trevor busting him out of prison. well, I'm not a very professional author , but they could
Have chosen Brad as the third protagonist.

soundless248
  • soundless248

Gangster

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Maybe because his culture, species , age and even personality isn't very similar to Michael nor Trevor.
He also doesn't have past relations with neither of Michael and Trevor, so this makes him somewhat
New and in the background instead of being in the center . Franklin's old friends and family are only
Seen in the first part of the story. After he moves out on Whispeymound drive 3671 , they're seen
Very little and briefly. This almost makes him a secondary protagonist instead of the main ones.
The ending of course makes him more hated , since he kills the other two . But since Players
Weren't too satisfied with franklin( I don't mean everyone, just about 30% of gta v gamers) , Brad
Was a good replacement for Franklin . With the story not killing him in the first mission, actually putting
Him in jail , Trevor busting him out of prison. well, I'm not a very professional author , but they could

thank god you aren't an author

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

I think Michael said the F word more then Trevor.

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Why are people crying out racism?

Racism is wrong, but at least it is better than silent racism. If you dont like something hecause of race, at least give credit to them for admitting. Its better than the guys saying "I hate Franklin b/c blah blah blah" while trying to hide racist intentions.

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 17 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

thank god you aren't an author

Sorry if I wrote too much, excuse me but does it look very bad When Brad also comes out of prison? He has past
Relationships with Michael and Trevor and if I wrote brad's story, that was because I thought very little when I
Posted this comment. I'm sure it would be better if the three of them who are old friends would be protagonists. rockstar
Has to change many parts of the story.
Maybe it was good to have Franklin spend more time with Lamar and the homies in Strawberry, not just
Ignoring them and increasing the distance from them by the day.
Ignore the story and I'm just saying they write a story which has Brad in it as a main protagonist.

EDIT:

...How in the world did Franklin's trailer remind them of SA? It had almost zero similarity, other than it starring Black people (with very few of them wearing green). IGN is the weakest.

Yeah, but sometimes only one thing like the appearance of black people in a trailer can remind us of San Andreas, man!

Please don't double post. Use the "EDIT" button if you have something to add to your post.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Brad as a protagonist ? Get real.

Franklin was nothing special, although i use him the most. My best moment using him was when he kills Trevor, so not everyone hates him for that, believe me, many liked him for that.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'll be the first to admit I hate franklin because he's a niggy. Blacks are the first to blame the white man because of their inadequacies, They have a smaller brain than caucasians and can't accept the fact that they're privileged monkeys given permission to be free. If you have a problem w/ that come at me bro.

Wow do you believe that all blacks generalize all whites and not vice versa? Wow and I thought abortion was evil but sometimes it helps to prevent dumbf*cks like you crawling out your butthole with generalizations, bro.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Franklin kind of had a good plot. Nigga tryin to leave ghetto life. Stretch turning sides afta leavin jail and setting up fo Franklin and Lamar Davis, relationship with Denise and that crackhead bitch i didnt recall the name, workin for Simeon.. it could have been a good story, really. The problem is they "shrink" it to fit 6 f*cking 9 missions. He really have a good story, like every other protag. He is just umderwritten.
I can say numerous good characters in this game that wasnt well written after all and became ridiculous and non believeable chars. Exemples? Martin Madrazo. f*ck, i almost cry when i see such great plots and ideas could be so bad written like that!
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

• Intoxica7ed likes this

Coat.
  • Coat.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

I don't think he was hated so much. But I think Rockstar could of created a fully-fletched background of his past gang life. The hoof never feels alive in the game, to me. I feel as if the game never climaxed to the three protagonists meeting. I think a further look at their previous life would if been great - example; street parties with Frank, club brawls and drugs with Trev, family problems and such with Michael, etc, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users