Photo

Why is Franklin Hated so much

722 replies to this topic
wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:20)
Stop being racist and get over it. You dont have to play as him

Strictly speaking you do have to play as them all at some point even if it's just s few missions. Not a issue to me personally as most the time you can play as whoever you please, all three, two of them whatever.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 10:25)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:20)
Stop being racist and get over it. You dont have to play as him

Strictly speaking you do have to play as them all at some point even if it's just s few missions. Not a issue to me personally as most the time you can play as whoever you please, all three, two of them whatever.

But you dont HAVE to play as each of them while freeroaming.

Technically you could straight to multiplayer and never play as any of the protagonists.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:11)
It must have been only Ash_735 that was saying it then. Once again, my bad, ignore what I said.

I'm merely saying, it would have been more interesting, yes it's less common, but then again that I would prefer a Hispanic protagonist to so that would cover the gangbanger story from a different perspective as opposed to one we've already seen before.

As for the other stuff you said Official General, for a guy who doesn't give a crap about me, you sure type a lot. wink.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:29)
But you dont HAVE to play as each of them while freeroaming.

Technically you could straight to multiplayer and never play as any of the protagonists.

Good points. tounge.gif

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:29)

Technically you do not have to play this game at all.

And I think we should not play this game. Seeing they chose a majority of white protagonists, R* is clearly racist. We should boycot them.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 10:36)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:29)

Technically you do not have to play this game at all.

And I think we should not play this game. Seeing they chose a majority of white protagonists, R* is clearly racist. We should boycot them.

I like your forward thinking

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by Official General, 28 May 2013 - 03:57 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:11)
It must have been only Ash_735 that was saying it then. Once again, my bad, ignore what I said.

I'm merely saying, it would have been more interesting, yes it's less common, but then again that I would prefer a Hispanic protagonist to so that would cover the gangbanger story from a different perspective as opposed to one we've already seen before.

As for the other stuff you said Official General, for a guy who doesn't give a crap about me, you sure type a lot. wink.gif

Like I said already, I agree with everything you stated about the Hispanic protagonist part, I would have preferred that myself, we already had San Andreas. But since Rockstar still decided to include a Black protagonist, it only makes sense to include the street gang aspect, this is LA after all, it needs no further explaining.

I do this all the time, not just with you. I type very fast and I like debates and arguments about stuff that interests me, hence why I am here on a GTA forum. Besides, every now and then, I have a great deal of spare time on my hands.

Your're not special at all, just so you know wink.gif

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

@Official you are correct about the Mexican protag. That is what You GTAGhost and I thought and hoped franklin was when it only seemed like there were two protags. Now that there are three I wish they would have made trevor hispanic but I can understand why they went the route they went

Deffpony is trolling this thread lol. I am not into trevor story due to I am not into the psycho nature like that. But I am happy for Atomic Punk as he really wanted a redneck country side type of character. I am into Michael story because I like his swagger and I now have a family of my own. MY favorite is Franklin because I can relate to him the most. Young black guy trying to find a way to a Million by understanding that you will never get there by being the middle man. I like the way he is thinking outside the box and is not allowing his friends to tell him what he can and cannot do. He is showing just because they see the corner as reality he does not share that view. Selling dope on the corner getting into beef and shootouts over petty money is not ok with him. Especially when he can perform heist take the same risk for Millions instead of a couple thousand

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Deffpony is trolling this thread lol

Im satirically showing how both sides of the arguments are stupid. Not everyone who doesnt like Franklin is racist, and people who do like Franklin arent ignorant for liking something we have possibly seen before.

Who cares

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:54)
@Official you are correct about the Mexican protag. That is what You GTAGhost and I thought and hoped franklin was when it only seemed like there were two protags. Now that there are three I wish they would have made trevor hispanic but I can understand why they went the route they went

This something Ash_735 has strangely chosen to ignore in my previous posts from the past. He just wants to argue with me because he thinks that I always wanted a Black ghetto/hood character as a protagonist again in GTA V, something he hates a lot.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:20)
I hate Franklin because he is black. Not only do I hate black people but I hate gangbangers, since they are obviously exclusive to eachother.

My favorite character is Trevor. Anyone who doesnt like Trevor is clearly racist against whites. If you hate him because hes a redneck or a drug addict I think thats stupid because not all redneck drug dealers are white. Stop being racist and get over it. You dont have to play as him

Atleast somebody is telling the truth.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Deffpony's trollpost sounds like greenrock.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, May 27 2013, 20:30)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:44)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:14)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:05)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, May 27 2013, 15:02)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, May 27 2013, 22:55)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:47)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, May 27 2013, 22:18)
People who say people who hate Franklin because he's black are f*cking retarded. We've got legit reasons as to why we hate him.....

No you don't. sarcasm.gif

Yes I do. He's a hoodrat CJ clone.

Yet you have no reasoning for thinking that way.

And that reasoning doesnt work anyway. By your reasoning you should dislike trevor for being a phil cassidy clone, and michael for being a tommy vercetti clone, because having very very loose, generic similarities warrants the "clone" label. dozingoff.gif

Thanks. This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day, and just a while ago I saw something really stupid. But this raises the bar, homie.

First of all, not a single one of these protags is a clone for anyone. Trevor isn't a Phil Cassidy clone at all. Michael isn't anything like Tommy Vercetti. Franklin is nearly opposite to CJ. I don't know why you clowns keep throwing out the "clone" word without knowing what it means. It's pure stupidity. Just like when the first trailer arrive and everyone saw that the protag was 'old'. Everyone immediately thought "that's Tommy" or "Claude moved to Los Santos." Now that wave of idiocy has moved onto to Franklin. They see a black guy in the hood and all of a sudden it's CJ again. It's sad, really. Franklin has only displayed differences from CJ and everyone calls him a clone.

Take a deep breath and read what you quoted once more.

He agreed with you. Rather you agreed with him. He made the exact same point you did, only you read it wrong.

You can't read, dude. Just get out... He said that by my reasoning, I would hate the other two because they can be interpreted as "clones" as well, which is total bullsh*t.

Savage, really, look it over again, read back a few pages and do so carefully, youre missing all the points, and im not here to hold your hand, figure it out on your own. But relax a bit.
And to the rest, if you feel so passionate about hating franklin but cant find a justifiable and believeable reason, Be like deffpony, weather he was being sarastic or not, at least he has the balls to say what is the truth in disguise for many franklin haters.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:13)
Deffpony's trollpost sounds like greenrock.

Been working on that impression for a while

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by mrsurferdude, 28 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 15:58)
Deffpony is trolling this thread lol

Im satirically showing how both sides of the arguments are stupid. Not everyone who doesnt like Franklin is racist, and people who do like Franklin arent ignorant for liking something we have possibly seen before.

Who cares

I care!!! My feeling are completely shut down. I might even try and kill myself...... cryani.gif

BTW dont call me milky or white boy, it's racist and i don't approve it.

Now for something more serious... I like Michael better cause of the dry dark humor R* usually have in its games and that they will obviously apply it in his family dynamic. Franklin's storyline is rehashed, i mean i hope they can make it interesting but a 'hood kid trying to get out of the life' thing has been done before. Trevor.... i have no expectations for him.

EDIT: I mean i have no idea what to expect from Trevor other than he's a f*cked up junkie/pusher.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

FRANKLIN is the best Gta Character Ever

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:05)

This something Ash_735 has strangely chosen to ignore in my previous posts from the past. He just wants to argue with me because he thinks that I always wanted a Black ghetto/hood character as a protagonist again in GTA V, something he hates a lot.

Woah, steady on there dude, you're hinting at me being racist in that post, that's not on.

I didn't ignore you when you said you agreed and actually wanted a Hispanic protag, I said thats what I would have liked to instead of the route they took, it doesn't mean I have to like the rehash we're getting now though!

Again, for someone who apparently doesn't give a crap you keep bringing up my name. What kind of relationship is this? tounge.gif

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

36 o's flow on fire man i call it HOT CHEETOS devil.gif

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:29)
FRANKLIN is the best Gta Character Ever

I disagree but then again maybe we're both wrong and Trevor Storyline will throw us a mean curve ball that none of us expect and everyone will be: Wow, i didn't see that comming!! lol.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:54)

Deffpony is trolling this thread lol. I am not into trevor story due to I am not into the psycho nature like that. But I am happy for Atomic Punk as he really wanted a redneck country side type of character. I am into Michael story because I like his swagger and I now have a family of my own. MY favorite is Franklin because I can relate to him the most. Young black guy trying to find a way to a Million by understanding that you will never get there by being the middle man. I like the way he is thinking outside the box and is not allowing his friends to tell him what he can and cannot do. He is showing just because they see the corner as reality he does not share that view. Selling dope on the corner getting into beef and shootouts over petty money is not ok with him. Especially when he can perform heist take the same risk for Millions instead of a couple thousand

icon14.gif
I AM glad about Trevor! lol I just hope he represents it in a truthful way, and not the stereo-typical lying crap.
R* gave most of us something to choose from, and at first I didn't like the idea of 3 protag's, but now, it just makes sense so that we all have a choice. Not everybody wants to be a hood-rat, or a city boy yuppie, or a rampaging redneck.

I like'em all so far, and look forward to learning their stories/background. I think that a lot of people will end up liking a different protag than the one they're fanboy-ing over right now; Minds and views will be changed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in bad pain and awaiting major back surgery. Can't stay on here long, so See you guys

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by Official General, 28 May 2013 - 07:49 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:05)

Woah, steady on there dude, you're hinting at me being racist in that post, that's not on.

I didn't ignore you when you said you agreed and actually wanted a Hispanic protag, I said thats what I would have liked to instead of the route they took, it doesn't mean I have to like the rehash we're getting now though!

Again, for someone who apparently doesn't give a crap you keep bringing up my name. What kind of relationship is this? tounge.gif

I did not hint at you being racist, and if it came across like that, then that was not how it was supposed to come out. What I meant was that you hate the Black street gang and ghetto culture, not Black people altogether. But I am not gonna be so apologetic, since you have already falsely accused me of labeling you a racist anyway. But at least now you know it is not nice when it really feels like you are being accused of something you did not say right ?

All you have seemed to concentrated on is the fact I am pleased with Franklin and his Black ghetto-centered story and the fact that it pisses you off. That is the impression I get from you, and so far you have said nothing to justify me changing that view. Anyway, I don't know why you keep b*tchin' about this - there are 3 protagonists and only ONE of them is Black and ghetto-orientated. The other two are white, and non-ghetto, so I really don't know what more you want and what you are complaining about. There is just no pleasing you at all it seems. You a have a choice, you don't have to play as Franklin and his ghetto story, so wipe your tears and remove your sulk.

I'll bring up your name whenever I please. I don't need to give reasons doing that or to explain myself to you.

@ Atomic

Ah long time bro, now I see why ! Yeah you are right. Even though I don't like Trevor, I can live with that because I know I have a choice of 2 other protagonists that I would prefer to use more. So yeah the multiple protagonist idea has proved to be very good for GTA indeed.

On a serious note, I hope your surgery goes fine, you finally get better and make a full recovery.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:55)
QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:54)

Deffpony is trolling this thread lol.  I am not into trevor story due to I am not into the psycho nature like that. But I am happy for Atomic Punk as he really wanted a redneck country side type of character. I am into Michael story because I like his swagger and I now have a family of my own. MY favorite is Franklin because I can relate to him the most.  Young black guy trying to find a way to a Million by understanding that you will never get there by being the middle man. I like the way he is thinking outside the box and is not allowing his friends to tell him what he can and cannot do.  He is showing just because they see the corner as reality he does not share that view. Selling dope on the corner getting into beef and shootouts over petty money is not ok with him. Especially when he can perform heist take the same risk for Millions instead of a couple thousand

icon14.gif
I AM glad about Trevor! lol I just hope he represents it in a truthful way, and not the stereo-typical lying crap.
R* gave most of us something to choose from, and at first I didn't like the idea of 3 protag's, but now, it just makes sense so that we all have a choice. Not everybody wants to be a hood-rat, or a city boy yuppie, or a rampaging redneck.

I like'em all so far, and look forward to learning their stories/background. I think that a lot of people will end up liking a different protag than the one they're fanboy-ing over right now; Minds and views will be changed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in bad pain and awaiting major back surgery. Can't stay on here long, so See you guys

Hope all goes well with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

IGN

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:17)
People who say people who hate Franklin because he's black are f*cking retarded. We've got legit reasons as to why we hate him.....

And that reasoning doesnt work anyway. By your reasoning you should dislike trevor for being a phil cassidy clone, and michael for being a tommy vercetti clone, because having very very loose, generic similarities warrants the "clone" label. dozingoff.gif

Thanks. This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day, and just a while ago I saw something really stupid. But this raises the bar, homie.

First of all, not a single one of these protags is a clone for anyone. Trevor isn't a Phil Cassidy clone at all. Michael isn't anything like Tommy Vercetti. Franklin is nearly opposite to CJ. I don't know why you clowns keep throwing out the "clone" word without knowing what it means. It's pure stupidity. Just like when the first trailer arrive and everyone saw that the protag was 'old'. Everyone immediately thought "that's Tommy" or "Claude moved to Los Santos." Now that wave of idiocy has moved onto to Franklin. They see a black guy in the hood and all of a sudden it's CJ again. It's sad, really. Franklin has only displayed differences from CJ and everyone calls him a clone.

He agreed with you. Rather you agreed with him. He made the exact same point you did, only you read it wrong.

You can't read, dude. Just get out... He said that by my reasoning, I would hate the other two because they can be interpreted as "clones" as well, which is total bullsh*t.

Savage, really, look it over again, read back a few pages and do so carefully, youre missing all the points, and im not here to hold your hand, figure it out on your own. But relax a bit.

I was buzzed (high) when I wrote that stuff, but I still don't know what you're getting at. He said Michael and Trevor are clones. I said they aren't.

QUOTE (deffpony)
I hate Franklin because he is black. Not only do I hate black people but I hate gangbangers, since they are obviously exclusive to eachother.

My favorite character is Trevor. Anyone who doesnt like Trevor is clearly racist against whites. If you hate him because hes a redneck or a drug addict I think thats stupid because not all redneck drug dealers are white. Stop being racist and get over it. You dont have to play as him

I kind of understand what you're saying here. I dislike Trevor because he's an annoying redneck, but I don't hate all white people, because not all white people are rednecks. Just as you said, you don't like gangbangers (which isn't limited to one race for everyone else's information). That doesn't mean you hate all blacks. I think this post ends it all. Not liking Franklin doesn't make you racist.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:03)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:17)

I was buzzed (high) when I wrote that stuff, but I still don't know what you're getting at. He said Michael and Trevor are clones. I said they aren't.

QUOTE (deffpony)

I kind of understand what you're saying here. I dislike Trevor because he's an annoying redneck, but I don't hate all white people, because not all white people are rednecks. Just as you said, you don't like gangbangers (which isn't limited to one race for everyone else's information). That doesn't mean you hate all blacks. I think this post ends it all. Not liking Franklin doesn't make you racist.

Bro: i was saying the same thing lol. None of the characters is a clone of any other character. My point is that the 3 protags have some similarities with other gta characters, but the petty, miniscule similarities dont warrant the label of clone, and i pointed out how easy it is to call one character a clone of another based on loose comparisons.

haitian11
  • haitian11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:08)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:20)

Atleast somebody is telling the truth.

You talk about you not liking the people racist towards white people but you are racist yourself. SMH

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:27)
Some people have decided they love him already because they're mega SA fanboys and he reminds them of CJ, and then there's everyone else who thinks he's the least interesting character for exactly the same reason.

GTA IV is my favourite and over-nostalgic SA fanboys really get on my nerves, but guess what? Franklin has been my favourite since the beginning.

CrazyAssTrevorV
  • CrazyAssTrevorV

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Reasons to like Franklin:
-his dog Chop. We may be able to use him as a weapon and rip dudes throats out
-he's the best behind the wheel
-he has a slow mo driving perk
-you get to shoot it out with the ballas baby
-you get to repo vehicles
-he lives in the hood

Reasons to like Trevor:
-hes a f*ckin psychopath
-hes a meth cooker just like Heisenberg
-you get to shoot it out with the lost(bikers suck)
-you can torture people
-he has a beserker mode where he can beat some bitches down
-hes the best at flying planes, copters and jets
-hes most likely gonna have the most off the wall singular missions of the 3 protags
-he lives in the country

Reasons to like Michael:
-he's rich and i'm sure you start the game off with the ability to buy more than you would with the other 2
-he has a mansion with his own tennis court
-he has a wife and 2 kids (which has not been done in a GTA game before)
-he has a bullettime special just like Max Payne
-he's the brains behind the heists
-you'll get to do missions with his son Jimmy which will be pretty entertaining
-you'll get to beat up all the guys his wife cheats on him with
-he lives in the city

So as you can see every character is different with their own distinctive features so why like one more than the other? I like em all equally because I know I'm gonna have a different experience when I switch between em smile.gif .

Adventchild9891
  • Adventchild9891

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I'll be the first to admit I hate franklin because he's a niggy. Blacks are the first to blame the white man because of their inadequacies, They have a smaller brain than caucasians and can't accept the fact that they're privileged monkeys given permission to be free. If you have a problem w/ that come at me bro.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

I made him eat bananas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users