Why is Franklin Hated so much

722 replies to this topic
poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

For me, Franklin is #3. Purely because he seems a CJ copy.

YG Low Down
  • YG Low Down

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (GTA_freakydeaky @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:42)
Because he's black..... R* know the gaming media is built up of mostly white people don't you see there inside joke? "You aint gotta like it cause the hood gon love it" R* make the games they wanna make and no body's racism is gonna stop them.

Thank you for being honest, I would have said it but im black and I would have been called racist. So the whiteboys on this site can hate him all they want but on WorldStarHipHop they LOVE Franklin and said they wouldn't play with anybody else. So if your a racist like greenrock and universetwisters DIE.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (ultimatelizardman @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:28)
I'm skeptical about Franklin because he looks like an archetypical black "gangsta", this leads to him having a high chance of ending up as a boring and cliched character whose story focuses solely on increasingly improbable high-action events and whose background is found in a very mainstream culture which lacks room for originality.

Pretty much this.

Nothing about Franklins story jumps out at me in originality. It's a feeling of 'been there, done that' for me. Granted we still don't know a great deal about him yet, but at this point, it just appears to be the typical rags to riches routine we've been accustomed to so many times already. Sure, his trailer was full of action, but then so was Michaels and Trevors, so I really don't get why people are giving that as their reason for suddenly jumping on the bandwagon.

Who knows though, maybe his story will be a lot more diverse and enthralling than I initially have pinned. But at this point, meh.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I think he's a divisive character. Some people have decided they love him already because they're mega SA fanboys and he reminds them of CJ, and then there's everyone else who thinks he's the least interesting character for exactly the same reason.

Plus the way he talks is bloody annoying.

YG Low Down
  • YG Low Down

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:27)
I think he's a divisive character. Some people have decided they love him already because they're mega SA fanboys and he reminds them of CJ, and then there's everyone else who thinks he's the least interesting character for exactly the same reason.

Plus his voice is bloody annoying.

So you have the nerve to tell me why I like Franklin? Ok then you like Trevor because he does meth like you do. If you don't like Franklin f*ck you

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (YG Low Down @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:29)

So you have the nerve to tell me why I like Franklin? Ok then you like Trevor because he does meth like you do. If you don't like Franklin f*ck you

Who said I like Trevor?

I don't dislike Franklin - not yet anyway. I just think he's seems the least interesting so far.

YG Low Down
  • YG Low Down

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:32)

Who said I like Trevor?

I don't dislike Franklin - not yet anyway. I just think he's seems the least interesting so far.

Ok who said I like Franklin cause he reminded me of CJ? Your small mind? I don't give a damn what you or these GTA forum hillbillies like

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

What's good?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Either:
Racist Closet Racist
Narrow-Minded
Trolling
Think he is like CJ
Think he is a typical gang banger from LS.

This is all things I have seen in these very forums.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Versous, 04 May 2013 - 12:39 PM.

They dislike his style, simple.

Just like all people who like frankling would dislike a Heavy metal Freak.

Has nothing to do with racism!

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by brucie_suckyou, 04 May 2013 - 12:40 PM.

I was going to start a topic about Franklin, but i think I will write here instead.

From what we have seen of Franklin *so far* he is fairly 2 dimensional.
He is at his core against gangbanging and looking for the bigger score.
He complains to his friend about gangbanging in trailer 2 and he is still doing it in trailer 3.
He even walks away at the end of it with with "whatever man" attitude.

For such a young man he seems so exhausted. I would like to see other facets to his character.

Micheal in contrast is exhausted with his life but is doing something proactive to change it.
Very likeable behavior. No "whatever man" attitude.

That being said I look forward to learning more about Franklin. I think he is a great addition to the game.

Anybody that doesn't like Franklin because of their race has a low I.Q and nobody should care what they think anyway.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (YG Low Down @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:34)

Who said I like Trevor?

Ok who said I like Franklin cause he reminded me of CJ? Your small mind? I don't give a damn what you or these GTA forum hillbillies like

I think it's a fair assumption.

Then again it could be for an even dumber reason like the fact that he's black.

YG Low Down
  • YG Low Down

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:37)
QUOTE (YG Low Down @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:34)

Who said I like Trevor?

I think it's a fair assumption.

Then again it could be for an even dumber reason like the fact that he's black.

ASSUMPTION? You know what? Yes I do like Franklin because he is black the same reason you dislike him.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

M4A1

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Why is everyone thinking that Franklin is a today version of CJ? Because he's a gangbanger, rolls with GSF and he's black? Geez.

He could be far better than CJ you know, he's not as whiny as CJ.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Official General, 04 May 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Who gives a f**k about what guys like IGN and them other sites say ? The polls here show that Franklin is far from hated, in fact it's the total opposite - he's the most popular right now after the third trailer.

Certain groups of people just cannot bring themselves to accept that Franklin has surprisingly and suddenly turned the tables on here to become more popular than Michael or Trevor.

There are just too many haters in this place man. Hater gonna hate, but hate the game and not the playa !!

"YOU AINT GOTTA LIKE IT BECAUSE THE HOOD GOIN' LOVE IT !!"

JoshuaGraham
  • JoshuaGraham

Legate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Some people just ain't into that type of story telling or cant relate to it culturally, Op Maybe you're getting this feeback here but you're looking in the wrong places theres been alot of hype for Franklins Trailer. For Instance if you read the comments on the trailer at Worldstar you get nothing but people creaming over franklins trailer, Its what ever floats your boat really me personally I prefer Trevor's trailer.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Im going to say this yet again like I said on another thread
how can people fcking hate the gangsta theme when it hasn't been even done since 2004!!!!! Yet the mob story had always been predominant in EVERY GTA game since GTA 3!

Hating Frank just because he USE TO BE a gang member is stupid, when the gang banging storyline rarely has been done in video games. Come the fck on.

The reason why people love Franklin because there hasn't been an African American protagonist since fcking 2004!!!! And that that the gang banging storyline hasn't been done since 2004!!! Are some if these people serious???

YG Low Down
  • YG Low Down

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (The Made Man @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:53)
how can people fcking hate the gangsta theme when it hasn't been even done since 2004!!!!! Yet the mob story had always been predominant in EVERY GTA game since GTA 3!

Hating Frank just because he USE TO BE a gang member is stupid, when the gang banging storyline rarely has been done in video games. Come the fck on.

The reason why people love Franklin because there hasn't been an African American protagonist since fcking 2004!!!! And that that the gang banging storyline hasn't been done since 2004!!! Are some if these people serious???

and the truth is he IS NOT just a gangbanger now CJ was just a gangbanger but Franklin is an ambitious young man that is guaranteed to have a crazy storyline

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

how can people fcking hate the gangsta theme when it wasn't even done since 2004!!!!! Yet the mob story had always been predominant in EVERY GTA game since GTA 3!

You know something, I just don't get this myself, I totally agree icon14.gif

There was barely even any hood action in GTA IV, the Playboy X and Elisabeta were the hood-themed sections of the game, and they were not that long. Most of IV's storyline revolved around the Russian Mob, Irish Mob and the Mafia.

Besides, Franklin is trying to get away from gangbanging, making the story more interesting and intriguing.

We get a new GTA with a Black protagonist and a good portion of gangsta/hood themes, but two of the other protagonists are white, with very different criminal identities, yet people are still b*tchin' and hatin.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Liquor is rarely added to milkshakes, yet I still have a distaste for it.

Just because something isn't done very often, means I have to enjoy it? confused.gif

Interesting logic there fella.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:01)

Just because something isn't done very often, means I have to enjoy it? confused.gif

What about Baileys Irish Cream?
I don't drink it myself but lots of people do.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:01)

@ Scottish

Well what about the fact that you also have a choice of picking the kind of milkshakes you do like ? (Michael and Trevor).

There is no point in complaining about what others want, when at the same you have already got what you want is there ?

Redneck Shotgun
  • Redneck Shotgun

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I dont like him and I did not read IGN's preview.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Redneck Shotgun @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:08)
I dont like him and I did not read IGN's preview.

Why don't you like him?

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 22:01)
You can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

This is it.

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by sarvesh25, 04 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Franklin's Trailer was my favourite

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:01)

I agree with this. Its been 12 years since I've been legitimately punched in the face, but when it happens again, I'm not going to be happy about it.

You take cover a turd in glitter and gumdrops, but its still sh*t. There isn't much else you can do with the gang banger story, except get the character to quit the gang, give up his fellow bank robbers, and go into witness protection.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (YG Low Down @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:56)

and the truth is he IS NOT just a gangbanger now CJ was just a gangbanger but Franklin is an ambitious young man that is guaranteed to have a crazy storyline

Agreed. icon14.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:11)
QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:01)

Just because something isn't done very often, means I have to enjoy it?  confused.gif

I agree with this. Its been 12 years since I've been legitimately punched in the face, but when it happens again, I'm not going to be happy about it.

You take cover a turd in glitter and gumdrops, but its still sh*t. There isn't much else you can do with the gang banger story, except get the character to quit the gang, give up his fellow bank robbers, and go into witness protection.

Stop b*tchin man.

You've got Michael and Trevor to suits your needs, leave Franklin alone for those who like the gang and hood stuff.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Its simple
Michael and trevor are unique charecters
Franklin is not, there is nothing that makes him stand out among other gta protagonists . To me if he was put in the same situatiom as cj he woyl act the exact same way. I stilllike him
hough and wanna learn more about him
(typing on phone)

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:58)
how can people fcking hate the gangsta theme when it wasn't even done since 2004!!!!! Yet the mob story had always been predominant in EVERY GTA game since GTA 3!

You know something, I just don't get this myself, I totally agree icon14.gif

There was barely even any hood action in GTA IV, the Playboy X and Elisabeta were the hood-themed sections of the game, and they were not that long. Most of IV's storyline revolved around the Russian Mob, Irish Mob and the Mafia.

Besides, Franklin is trying to get away from gangbanging, making the story more interesting and intriguing.

We get a new GTA with a Black protagonist and a good portion of gangsta/hood themes, but two of the other protagonists are white, with very different criminal identities, yet people are still b*tchin' and hatin.

Seriously MOST people hate Franklin bexause he's black...I don't care what people say. And don't say I'm using this as an excuse because by most favorite protagonist of all time is Tommy Vercetti. I didn't even really like CJ(he is not my least favorite protagonist of all time, that goes to Vic Vance and Niko).

Seriously why do people hate Franklin??? He seems like a level headed protagonist and he obviously has skills for Michael to take him in. H actually wants to LEAVE gang banging and rise up the criminal ladder. R has said that a million times! So why do people hate him? Why didn't people hate Luis? His story was almost just like Franks. Wanting to leave gang banging and rise of the criminal ladder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users