» «
Photo

5 Star vs 6 Star Wanted System

33 replies to this topic
mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

The new articles have stated that the wanted system will now be comprised of 5 stars instead of the traditional and classic 6. I personally prefer the 6 stars.

Do you prefer the traditional system or are you ready for a change up and why do you think they changed it?

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

The new way will probably be better, plus its just 1 less star. It'd probably just mean once you get 2 star's this time cops are gonna be a WHOLE lot more eager to take you down.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Erm... you can't "personally prefer" anything until you play V. You're going based off the higher number; you perhaps think 6 stars is more difficult than 5 stars, but you couldn't be more wrong. Even if we don't see the military chase us at 5 stars, you can sure as hell bet the improved AI & equipment will make for some tough police chases.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Yeh it's not the biggest of issues, I just thought that that would be something they would never change. GTA is known to have 6 stars ya know?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

I haven't tried the new system so I don't have an official opinion.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 15:57)
Erm... you can't "personally prefer" anything until you play V. You're going based off the higher number; you perhaps think 6 stars is more difficult than 5 stars, but you couldn't be more wrong. Even if we don't see the military chase us at 5 stars, you can sure as hell bet the improved AI & equipment will make for some tough police chases.

Erm.. yes I can. I just did. All I am stating is that right now I would want V to have 6. Simple. Let me pose this to you. If they came out and said that V would have 2 stars, you would be apprehensive and would want the old system, even before the game comes out. Same thing here buddy.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (mdr279 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:01)

Erm.. yes I can. I just did. All I am stating is that right now I would want V to have 6. Simple. Let me pose this to you. If they came out and said that V would have 2 stars, you would be apprehensive and would want the old system, even before the game comes out. Same thing here buddy.

Eh, not really a great comparison. Dropping 4 stars is a far larger change than dropping only 1.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 02:06)

Eh, not really a great comparison. Dropping 4 stars is a far larger change than dropping only 1.

This. You can't make that comparison. Face it, you're nervous for this change.

Personally I think we will be seeing half stars in GTAV.

0.5 = police try to pull you over/fine you
1 = police try and arrest you non-lethally
1.5 = police try to arrest you non-lethally, but will shoot your tires out in a chase. (If player pulls out gun, skip to 2 stars)
2 = police shoot to kill
2.5 = Shotguns, helicopters, spike strips
3 = police maverick/police boats
3.5 = SWAT get involved/2 mavericks
4 = FIB get involved/rooftop snipers (really hard to upgrade 3.5 to 4)
4.5 = 1 military helicopter, hydars in air, military boats, more FIB & SWAT (minimum cops)
5 = Primarily military. Few SWAT & FIB. No cops. Tanks, 2 attack helicopters, Humvees.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by mdr279, 04 May 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Edit: Post deleted, didn't reply

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 16:09)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 02:06)

This. You can't make that comparison. Face it, you're nervous for this change.

Personally I think we will be seeing half stars in GTAV.

0.5 = police try to pull you over/fine you
1 = police try and arrest you non-lethally
1.5 = police try to arrest you non-lethally, but will shoot your tires out in a chase. (If player pulls out gun, skip to 2 stars)
2 = police shoot to kill
2.5 = Shotguns, helicopters, spike strips
3 = police maverick/police boats
3.5 = SWAT get involved/2 mavericks
4 = FIB get involved/rooftop snipers (really hard to upgrade 3.5 to 4)
4.5 = 1 military helicopter, hydars in air, military boats, more FIB & SWAT (minimum cops)
5 = Primarily military. Few SWAT & FIB. No cops. Tanks, 2 attack helicopters, Humvees.

Yes, I am nervous for the change.... that's my point. I've used the word 'apprehensive' a few times before. That's also why I labelled the old system traditional and classic.

Execta
  • Execta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

Well since there was no army anymore in GTA IV, we can assume there isn't one in GTA V. The difference between 5 stars and 6 stars was just pointless in IV so they could have easily just removed the last star, which I find a good solution.

Now they can go like this:

* = Police officers will try to arrest you but won't shoot you
** = Pulling out your gun and aiming it will give you two stars and police officers will now shoot to kill
*** = A helicopter will appear on the sky, making it very difficult to lose the cops, spike traps and roadblocks appear
**** = The FIB joins the fight with deadlier weapons and better bodyarmor
***** = The NOOSE comes in, the helicopter will be replaced with a SWAT one (cops with laser sighted sniper rifles onboard) and a NOOSE Van (from TBoGT) will come to assist

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Its just a star. Not that big of a deal

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

What matters is what level of heat did they remove. They could have removed the first level, so that the first level in V is the same as the second level in IV. You always jump to 3 stars when you kill a cop, whatever number of stars you have.

The biggest change is that you can lose the heat from within the search radius, which makes ay 6 vs 5 arguments redundant because it's going to play out very different to previous GTA's.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

I know they said the wanted level has only 5 stars... perhaps after all 5 have been 'lit' they all change colour and we have the '6 star' rating then? Or the 6th star is hidden? Its amazing what computers can do these days... either way, 5 stars or more I'm sure the game will be very cool.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

By the sounds of it the A.I. has been stepped up, saying police will be using hand signals to communicate flanks and sh*t to take you down. They sound a lot smarter which is gonna make it a lot harder, which is making me think that's why they did the regenerative health this time cause we're gonna be gettin our asses whooped.

BigKush
  • BigKush

Blood circulatin' like a Sunday paper

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

I always kind of felt the difference between 5 and 6 was minimal enough so as to be wasted. I consider the change from 6 to 5 to be a condensing, a refinement. We can't know until we put it to the test, though, of course.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Did any of the previews mention this besides Kotaku? All that article said was this:
Once Franklin rammed the armored truck and our characters approached the downed vehicle, the cops showed up. We were at a pretty high alert level: four stars out of five. The cops were bringing in choppers, and we were in for a shootout.

This easily could have been a mistake or typo. Or has "five stars only" been confirmed elsewhere?

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Execta @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:22)
Well since there was no army anymore in GTA IV, we can assume there isn't one in GTA V. The difference between 5 stars and 6 stars was just pointless in IV so they could have easily just removed the last star, which I find a good solution.

** = Pulling out your gun and aiming it will give you two stars and police officers will now shoot to kill
*** = A helicopter will appear on the sky, making it very difficult to lose the cops, spike traps and roadblocks appear
***** = The NOOSE comes in, the helicopter will be replaced with a SWAT one (cops with laser sighted sniper rifles onboard) and a NOOSE Van (from TBoGT) will come to assist

It's already confirmed that there will be a military base in GTA V.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

I wouldn't assume no army in V. IV was just a city, V has an actual military base so it makes more sense to have military presence unlike IV where they went for too much realism and probably decided army tanks in the city don't fit in so they created the police special forces.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 07:40)
Did any of the previews mention this besides Kotaku? All that article said was this:
Once Franklin rammed the armored truck and our characters approached the downed vehicle, the cops showed up. We were at a pretty high alert level: four stars out of five. The cops were bringing in choppers, and we were in for a shootout.

This easily could have been a mistake or typo. Or has "five stars only" been confirmed elsewhere?

This is what I thought also. I read all the previews and this article is the only one that mentioned 5 stars. Maybe it was a typo, maybe it wasn't. Maybe the writer just thought GTA games have 5 stars.

Now, I don't think it will matter at all. 5 stars or 15 stars, the cops still chase you regardless. The only difference to me is that I have the chance to steal cooler looking cop cars.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Actually, come to think of it, I only did see it in the Kotaku piece. Maybe it was a typo. It just feels weird to me losing the signature 6th star.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by reform, 04 May 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Now that you can simply hide out of line of sight to lose the cops, losing the cops will be far less hastle at low wanted levels than in GTAIV, almost making 1* pointless.

* Standard Police spawn rate. Don't shoot unless you have a weapon. Pistols, tasers.
** Increased Police Spawn rate. Always Shoot. Pistols, shotguns,
*** Helicopter. Increased Police Spawn rate. Pistols, shotguns, smgs, sniper.
**** Noose (Swat) & FIB and associated vehicles. smgs, assault rifles, sniper, smoke grenades.
***** Army and associated vehicles. Assault rifles, sniper, grenades, rpgs.

However, the demo in which they had 4/5 stars said that they still only had police after them...

It could be that higher wanted levels are only unlocked further into the game, like previous games.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (mdr279 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 08:57)
Actually, come to think of it, I only did see it in the Kotaku piece. Maybe it was a typo. It just feels weird to me losing the signature 6th star.

Did you read the rest of the Kotaku preview? That was one of the worst articles I've ever seen. He kept complaining about graphics and asking Rockstar about how sh*t GTA IV was. Total tool-bag writer.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

It will still be better than IV which had six though...

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (reform @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 09:21)
Now that you can simply hide out of line of sight to lose the cops, losing the cops will be far less hastle at low wanted levels than in GTAIV, almost making 1* pointless.

* Standard Police spawn rate. Don't shoot unless you have a weapon. Pistols, tasers.
** Increased Police Spawn rate. Always Shoot. Pistols, shotguns,
*** Helicopter. Increased Police Spawn rate. Pistols, shotguns, smgs, sniper.
**** Noose (Swat) & FIB and assosiated vehicles. smgs, assault rifles, sniper, smoke grenades.
***** Army and assosiated vehicles. Assault rifles, sniper, grenades, rpgs.

However, the demo in which they had 4/5 stars said that they still only had police after them...

It could be that higher wanted levels are only unlocked further into the game, like previous games.

That first * comes in handy when you drive through Ballas territory. Keeps the police busy icon14.gif

Ermac
  • Ermac

Presented in SpittaVision®

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

As people have suggested, this could have very well been a typo or a mistake, as the same mistake was made in another article when talking about GTA III. http://www.shacknews...-theft-auto-dna

Less than five minutes after stepping into GTA 3's sandbox for the first time, I had carjacked a sweet ride, mowed down dozens of pedestrians, and cranked my wanted level up to three out of five stars.

It's possible that the observer miscounted the stars while watching. Either way, if it is only 5, it really isn't a big deal. Sure I would have preferred they keep the traditional six, but i'm sure there's a reason why they axe'd one.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I was skeptical at first, but I think it's a nice change.

* - Cops chase you on foot
** - Cops open fire
*** - Police choppers
**** - SWAT
***** - Military

IAmFairbrother
  • IAmFairbrother

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

There was no military in IV because there was no Military base this time in v there is well its a air base so I think we can expect the army and I agree with the half star system I think that could really work

joe1606
  • joe1606

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Well in TBOGT , the sixth star level had no point since opposite to IV and TLAD , the police started shooting inside their cars at 5 stars .

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 06:57)

This.
And I am happy the magazines told they improved the police AI a lot, so you can hide even in the circle they are searching you. They won't know automatically where you are like it has been in IV. This was so bad and unrealistic. Imagine hiding somewhere and they are going away, because they haven't seen you. That's awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users